Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2015, 19:44   #1771
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post

Is there any disadvantage to buying in say the 1st floor? I suppose mosquitoes might be one factor.
Avoid the first two floors. These compromise on the privacy + the noises on the ground become an irritant (children playing & shouting, cars honking and their reverse beeps and also the engine noise if there is a skoda !)
Old 26th November 2015, 19:55   #1772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Avoid the first two floors. These compromise on the privacy + the noises on the ground become an irritant (children playing & shouting, cars honking and their reverse beeps and also the engine noise if there is a skoda !)
Thanks a lot, Vinit.

I was about to book a flat online, but something told me to look up on the builder. The project is by Artha Developers and they claim they are building a smart city in Hoskote called Emprasa. When I looked on Artha, I came to know that it is a Times of India company good at marketing but apparently with piss poor execution. Some other property of theirs called Artha Riviera seems to be mired in problems.

As a result, I am now thinking of backing out.
Old 26th November 2015, 20:02   #1773
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I suppose mosquitoes might be one factor. If you were to select one floor, which one would it be? Right now the list seems to be pretty much open.
I personally prefer 6.

Quote:
I was about to book a flat online, but something told me to look up on the builder. The project is by Artha Developers and they claim they are building a smart city in Hoskote called Emprasa. When I looked on Artha, I came to know that it is a Times of India company good at marketing but apparently with piss poor execution. Some other property of theirs called Artha Riviera seems to be mired in problems.

As a result, I am now thinking of backing out.
Would recommend you never ever book a flat online in Bangalore. Visit the property, understand all the details, construction progress, access to the property, water situation and if everything looks good, do a booking. Post that get all the documents and get it carefully reviewed by a lawyer.

Also, would not recommend buying anything where the construction is starting/just started. Considering the stagnant nature of the market, it could take a very long time.
Old 26th November 2015, 20:13   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I personally prefer 6.

Would recommend you never ever book a flat online in Bangalore. Visit the property, understand all the details, construction progress, access to the property, water situation and if everything looks good, do a booking. Post that get all the documents and get it carefully reviewed by a lawyer.

Also, would not recommend buying anything where the construction is starting/just started. Considering the stagnant nature of the market, it could take a very long time.
Thanks, Rajeev. Sad that I did not follow my own advice that I have often doled out on these pages.

Now that I got a chance to think about this more clearly, it makes no sense for me to invest in this project.
Old 27th November 2015, 00:40   #1775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any disadvantage to buying in say the 1st floor? I suppose mosquitoes might be one factor. If you were to select one floor, which one would it be? Right now the list seems to be pretty much open.
The balcony sizes in the first floor of some big builders like Sobha are smaller compared to second floor onwards. It was too late for me when I realized that. I personally feel 2nd or 3rd is the sweet spot since you can use the stairs regularly as a form of exercise without losing privacy.
Old 29th November 2015, 07:41   #1776
Senior - BHPian

" Five research charts show how Bengaluru is gradually becoming an unliveable city "

Bengaluru’s land growth or concretisation has increased by 925 percent since 1970.

“From 2000 to 2014, India’s silicon valley is rapidly losing its green cover with urbanisation having risen by 125 percent.”

“The IT sector has increased the influx of people from other states and the city is facing the brunt as it has to accommodate all of them. There has been no planned expansion at all,”

view the charts at link below:-
http://www.thenewsminute.com/article...ble-city-36278

Last edited by vinay kamath : 29th November 2015 at 07:43.
Old 6th December 2015, 18:10   #1777
BANNED

My sister is giving out one of her flats on rent. The society has imposed a rule that she will have to pay maintenance in advance for the rental agreement period before they issue a NOC. If she makes a 2 year agreement, she has to pay out 2 years of maintenance in advance (not PDC, but actually in advance). First question is whether it's legal for societies to make rules like this and 2nd thing is whether a NOC is legally necessary?
Old 7th December 2015, 15:00   #1778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
My sister is giving out one of her flats on rent. The society has imposed a rule that she will have to pay maintenance in advance for the rental agreement period before they issue a NOC. If she makes a 2 year agreement, she has to pay out 2 years of maintenance in advance (not PDC, but actually in advance). First question is whether it's legal for societies to make rules like this and 2nd thing is whether a NOC is legally necessary?
Most of these laws by the societies will have no legal standing in a court of law but who has the time and resources to run behind that? And what NOC are you talking about? In bangalore, you don't need any NOC for renting out a flat but need one for sale.

My suggestion would be to check with other apartment owners who have given for rent and try to work out a mutual agreement with the society, something like advance payment every 6 months. And AFAIK, the tenant rental agreements are made for 11 months only.
Old 7th December 2015, 17:05   #1779
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
I don't get this at all.

It's your sister's flat. Why does she need permission or NOC from the association to rent it out?

As far as the maintenance is concerned, the association should not be having any issues as long as they receive the money even on a per month basis. Please tell your sister to ask them who pays for the interest that she would lose when she pays them a lumpsum amount in advance.
Old 7th December 2015, 17:51   #1780
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I don't get this at all.

It's your sister's flat. Why does she need permission or NOC from the association to rent it out?

As far as the maintenance is concerned, the association should not be having any issues as long as they receive the money even on a per month basis. Please tell your sister to ask them who pays for the interest that she would lose when she pays them a lumpsum amount in advance.
Societies can pass all kinds of rules. Lots of societies in Bombay have rule about the NOC. My sister's society has gone one step further about the advance maintenance.

Last edited by carboy : 7th December 2015 at 17:55.
Old 7th December 2015, 17:57   #1781
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Logically, the maintenance bills would still have to be borne by her. I don't see how it makes a difference whether the flat is empty or leased out as the maintenance outgoings would be payable by her directly.
In that view, it is not correct of the society to ask for two years rent, however - you are left with little leeway when it comes to dealing with them unless you choose to go the legal route - in which case, get all the details on paper/email.

Best bet though would be to negotiate - pay 1/2 months advance maintenance as security in case she defaults for a month.
Old 11th December 2015, 02:10   #1782
BHPian

Any good residential plots,gated preferably in Mysore near to City centre like Palace or Railway station ? I am very keen to invest in Mysore as i plan to settle down there after a few years travelling around the world for on work. Looking for plots or Built houses in minimum 30*40 site or bigger dimensions well within considerable budgets.
Also want to put this question to everyone out there Is investing in premium property in Mysore a good investment ?
Old 11th December 2015, 10:06   #1783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
Any good residential plots,gated preferably in Mysore near to City centre like Palace or Railway station ? I am very keen to invest in Mysore as i plan to settle down there after a few years travelling around the world for on work. Looking for plots or Built houses in minimum 30*40 site or bigger dimensions well within considerable budgets.
Also want to put this question to everyone out there Is investing in premium property in Mysore a good investment ?
As someone who once lived abroad and now live in Bangalore, following are a few of my observations.

Firstly, have you previously lived in Mysore? If not, it is very easy to get carried away when living abroad by a romanticized notion of not just Mysore, but just about any place. Secondly, without living in a locality, it is not usually possible to understand it correctly. Either you need to be driven by your own experience, or you need someone local who understands the city well. The local expertise and a shelter are especially mandatory if you are buying an empty site.

I only have a general idea of Mysore's real estate market, but I can tell you that prices there are by no means cheap. Moreover you seem to be looking at properties bang in the city center like the railway station and the palace whereas the city has extended in all directions and most new layouts are along the Ring Road.

AFAIK, both Bangalore and Mysore failed to make it to the Smart City list. Real estate in Bangalore has already stagnated and there has been no movement in prices for some years now. In case you are looking at entire Karnataka, then Hubli Dharwad is on the Smart City list and they have a brand new IIT coming up.

Finally bear in mind that so long as you have money, you can buy a property almost anywhere anytime. It is not as if real estate is the only way to get good returns, stocks and mutual funds also do the same. Also bear in mind that unless you buy an empty site, property becomes old and new problems crop up as years go by.
Old 11th December 2015, 17:06   #1784
BHPian

Quote:
Secondly, without living in a locality, it is not usually possible to understand it correctly. Either you need to be driven by your own experience, or you need someone local who understands the city well. The local expertise and a shelter are especially mandatory if you are buying an empty site.
Completely agree with this.

Quote:
In case you are looking at entire Karnataka, then Hubli Dharwad is on the Smart City list and they have a brand new IIT coming up.
Being a native of Dharwad and staying in Bangalore from the past 20 years, I can say the twin cities of Dharwad - Hubli have not "developed" much in terms of infrastructure or industries. But land rates have certainly gone up . In some areas they are as high as 3500 / sqft with median rates hovering around 2000 / sqft.

Good for folks who want to lead a quite retired life. Again, as mentioned above, one needs to experience the city first hand before deciding to stay put there.
Old 12th December 2015, 07:14   #1785
BHPian

just bumped into this thread.....anyone any idea about TDI projects in Kundli near Delhi border?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks