Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:12   #1876
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

I saw this Prestige place in 2012. Nearby there is also something called Pruksa Global - a gated community.
Tiny town houses!
Prestige was just coming up and they had dug and made the foundation then.
Nice place overall then. Not so nice now.
Water is the perpetual problem.
Old 22nd April 2016, 17:00   #1877
BHPian

Apologies for the vague question, but here goes. I am looking for a flat (preferably in a complex, else a standalone g+4 property) within 35-40L budget in South Kolkata. Anywhere across the EM bypass would do, preferred locations are Mukundapur, Singhabari, near Ruby Hospital, Jadavpur, probably even Sonarpur. Also Rajarhat new town (not Chinar Park and the inner areas). An under construction flat with 1-2 years possession time frame is ok, because I do not have cash to stump up even the 20% minimum down payment (as 80% is the max loan eligibility). The kicker is, that 1200 sq ft or up flats only are required. I am willing to look at standalone or small but reputed developers to avoid the big real estate group costs. If anyone can point me to any contacts or properties that they know of, it would be much appreciated, thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 12:42   #1878
Senior - BHPian

Ajmera Realty? Don't seem to be nice folks to deal with.

Old 23rd April 2016, 14:33   #1879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Ajmera Realty? Don't seem to be nice folks to deal with.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=hXvGTLDkb_c
My childhood friend stays with his family in Ajmera Infinity and he said me the actual issue.

So Ajmera Infinity is a huge gated community with many amenities and facilities. My friend took possession around 2011 IIRC.

Ajmera came up with their new project just beside the current project. I don't know what they showed to customers while selling flats of the new project.
But when the time came for possession, they asked the owners to use the existing amenities of Ajmera Infinity.
Obviously the existing association of Ajmera Infinity opposed this. The new owners of the new Ajmera protested this. Things started turning ugly and the Infinity owners built up a wall blocking the entry of the new apartment owners to their gated community. It was broken down, bad arguments, quarrels, etc went on.

Now it seems that the existing Ajmera Infinity premises has certain private guards (apart from society security) who are keeping a close watch on the new apartment folks.

My question to the new apartment owners: Weren't you folks aware this you are not allowed to use the Ajmera Infinity amenities ? Or were you sold the flats by the builder with false information ?
Old 26th April 2016, 16:19   #1880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Don't. There's a poultry farm right next door from which the feed pollutes the air terribly and then the budigere trash dump is right across.

You are better off with brigade golden Triangle which is just in the highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I saw this Prestige place in 2012. Nearby there is also something called Pruksa Global - a gated community.
Tiny town houses!
Prestige was just coming up and they had dug and made the foundation then.
Nice place overall then. Not so nice now.
Water is the perpetual problem.
I got the same answers from many people. I decided to go with VBHC Serene Town in Kannamangala, Whitefield. Booked one on the 14th floor. Cannot go upstairs to see what the view would be but hoping it would be a great one.

Thanks for the tip guys!
Old 26th April 2016, 16:43   #1881
BHPian

I was going around Hennur road last weekend and the week before that. Visited Mantri webcity and Shriram Luxor. I am looking to dispose the apartment I am currently staying in and buy a bigger one (Reason : son's demand for other amenities ).

I personally did not like web city project purely based on the reviews.

I could not get any feedback on Luxor. Has anyone booked / purchased there?
Old 26th April 2016, 23:53   #1882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
My childhood friend stays with his family in Ajmera Infinity and he said me the actual issue.

So Ajmera Infinity is a huge gated community with many amenities and facilities. My friend took possession around 2011 IIRC.

Ajmera came up with their new project just beside the current project. I don't know what they showed to customers while selling flats of the new project.
But when the time came for possession, they asked the owners to use the existing amenities of Ajmera Infinity.
Obviously the existing association of Ajmera Infinity opposed this. The new owners of the new Ajmera protested this. Things started turning ugly and the Infinity owners built up a wall blocking the entry of the new apartment owners to their gated community. It was broken down, bad arguments, quarrels, etc went on.

Now it seems that the existing Ajmera Infinity premises has certain private guards (apart from society security) who are keeping a close watch on the new apartment folks.

My question to the new apartment owners: Weren't you folks aware this you are not allowed to use the Ajmera Infinity amenities ? Or were you sold the flats by the builder with false information ?
Since your friend stays in Ajmera Infinity, his version favors the Infinity folks.

Here is another version I read on Facebook:-
This is a not a new project but a second phase of the same project. So obviously the amenities shown were common. It is only when the Phase 1 folks stopped the Phase 2 folks from using the common facilities, did this become an issue.

Your post indicates that the Phase 1 folks are the ones who built a wall. So they allowed another construction within their compound and still were not aware of the fact that the facilities would be common?

PS: I have no bias towards anyone here and just posted a counter argument based on what I read on FB.
Old 27th April 2016, 07:31   #1883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
This is a not a new project but a second phase of the same project. So obviously the amenities shown were common. It is only when the Phase 1 folks stopped the Phase 2 folks from using the common facilities, did this become an issue.

Your post indicates that the Phase 1 folks are the ones who built a wall. So they allowed another construction within their compound and still were not aware of the fact that the facilities would be common?
Ah, I see. This is news to me that the new construction is part of the old project.
There used to be a compound wall earlier IIRC. May be it was demolished to facilitate construction. But yes, current owners should have raised flag when the construction of the new flats started.

So yes, my knowledge could be biased based on my friend's feedback. But it feels really bad for the new owners who are now in No Man's Land :(
Old 27th April 2016, 10:02   #1884
BHPian

These questions are to all the real estate/property gurus on this forum.

I own 3 properties in Noida and Ghaziabad (One that I currently reside in, One is nearing completion (90%) and one is expected to complete by 2018).

As my current 3 BHK flat is proving to be less spacious for the family and the 2nd property not near completion (even though it is 90% ready), I have started to look at alternatives (ready to move in properties in Gurgaon, Delhi). I have excluded Noida from the list as I don't want to invest any more in Noida/Ghaziabad.

I liked Central Park-2, Sector 48, Sohna Road. http://www.centralpark.in
I approached the builder and was given a quote (say XXX). However, when I approached a couple of brokers, they have offered me a quote which is substantially less than what the builder is quoting me.

I do understand that the brokers are offering me 'resale' properties. However, I am still finding it hard to contemplate the difference in the BSP between the two options.

Q1) What are the points/documents/things I need to watch out for when dealing with brokers and 'resale' properties?

Q2) I liked the location. However, I would like to understand the normal travel times during peak hours between the location and central delhi (CP being the point of reference)

Q3) What is difference in the cost of living between Indirapuram and Gurgaon?

Q4) Any preferred banks I should go for financing? The project is being funded by most private banks.

Q5) The property market is in a slump at the moment. Is it a sensible decision to buy yet another property?

Q6) Any other areas/localities I should look for keeping the following in mind:
a. Commute to Gurgaon and Central Delhi
b. Safe (esp for women)
c. Should have open space and ease of parking
d. Good fit and finish
e. Easy access to malls/restaurants/shopping etc.

Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Saurabh
Old 28th April 2016, 17:09   #1885
Senior - BHPian

Looking at investing in Pune, budget approx 50 lacs. Know anything suitable with the potential of going on rent easily plus hopefully capital appreciation?
Old 28th April 2016, 20:04   #1886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
I was going around Hennur road last weekend and the week before that. Visited Mantri webcity and Shriram Luxor. I am looking to dispose the apartment I am currently staying in and buy a bigger one (Reason : son's demand for other amenities ).

I personally did not like web city project purely based on the reviews.

I could not get any feedback on Luxor. Has anyone booked / purchased there?
I thought Mantri was a very reputed builder with parts sourced in house like Sobha.
What were the reviews you've heard?
I'm looking for an apartment myself and I'm considering Hennur and Varthur/Hopefarm jn. Sobha City and Mantri WebCity in Hennur/Thanisandra appealed to me.

I don't know about Shriram Luxor but in general I thought Shriram built budget apartments (relatively) when compared to the other biggies like Sobha, Prestige, Embassy, Brigade, Mantri etc.
The quality levels of Shriram could be a lot lower than the Mantri and the other big builders in Hennur.
Things may be different with this specific project though.

Last edited by dozer : 28th April 2016 at 20:10.
Old 28th April 2016, 20:08   #1887
BHPian

I'm considering Prestige Lakeside Habitat in Varthur road.
Their possession date is October 2018. I am assuming a delay of at least 1 year no matter what they say.
The problem is they're expecting a time bound payment regardless of how much is developed and 90% of the amount to be paid by Feb 2018. That's most of the fee paid 1.5 to 2 years prior to actual possession.

I know Prestige is a reputed builder but is there anything I should be aware of?
Has anyone negotiated with Prestige; if so by how much and any tips?
Old 28th April 2016, 22:11   #1888
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer View Post
I'm considering Prestige Lakeside Habitat in Varthur road.
Their possession date is October 2018. I am assuming a delay of at least 1 year no matter what they say.
The problem is they're expecting a time bound payment regardless of how much is developed and 90% of the amount to be paid by Feb 2018. That's most of the fee paid 1.5 to 2 years prior to actual possession.

I know Prestige is a reputed builder but is there anything I should be aware of?
Has anyone negotiated with Prestige; if so by how much and any tips?
Massive problems to be expected because of varthur Lake encroachment. Expect Bbmp to come hammer and tongs at residents once the builder is out. Also, expect mosquito menace and a general stench from varthur over a period of time. I stay away from prestige because of the time bound payment issue.

Unfortunately you will have to hire a good lawyer to guide you for any property deal in Bangalore. Else you are screwed from day 1.
Old 28th April 2016, 22:25   #1889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer View Post
I thought Mantri was a very reputed builder with parts sourced in house like Sobha.
Beware of Mantri, they are reputed for encroachments be it near Bellandur Lake or Mantri Mall and many others. They fight residents associations tooth and nail to get their way.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/citi...cle2811564.ece
Old 28th April 2016, 22:48   #1890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Massive problems to be expected because of varthur Lake encroachment. Expect Bbmp to come hammer and tongs at residents once the builder is out. Also, expect mosquito menace and a general stench from varthur over a period of time. I stay away from prestige because of the time bound payment issue.

Unfortunately you will have to hire a good lawyer to guide you for any property deal in Bangalore. Else you are screwed from day 1.
Hmm, I thought Lakeside habitat was about 1 to 2 kms from the lake. But I'm not certain.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks