Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2016, 11:05   #1906
BHPian

Rules to follow for installing Mobile towers on housing society

I have been struggling to get my coop housing society to follow recommended guidelines to get members approval for renewals/ new installation/ removal of Mobile towers in our premises( Terrace). Maharashtra govt has given clear guidelines as mentioned below

Mobile Tower Directive In English.pdf

Corrigendum Regarding Mobile Tower GR In English.pdf

highlights being

The Property / Real Estate Thread-highlights.jpg

The office bearers tough are ignorant to this and always refuse to follow this prescribed way to deal with the AGM and recommendations on how to use the money.

I am planning on filing complaint with the registrar against this.

Would appreciate any help/ opinions from any experts who have dealt with similar situation or any legal expert who can help me get the CHS to comply with the rules.

@mods-Didnt find a topic for this particular reason so starting a new thread. Apologies if i missed one. request the mods to merge it appropriately if there has been an oversight from my end.
Old 28th October 2016, 22:26   #1907
BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Folks,

I request experienced pros to please help out regarding this dilemma.

Currently evaluating a few 2 BHK options near the old madras road area, namely Prestige Tranquility and Definer Kingdom. I agree both are of very different reputations but hear me out.

PT :

Overall verdict is very positive, with some mixed reviews thrown in online, namely about construction quality, cost cutting etc. Could folks who own a place there, or living on rent currently please help me with genuine opinions regarding the overall quality, approvals and safety of the project?

The collapse of a tower in Prestige Shantiniketan a few years ago is fresh in my mind and hence I'm very cautious about this. If this project adheres to the brand's overall quality levels I'll be in a much better position to evaluate, but living in a 22 floor high-rise built by a group whose earlier project collapsed is not very confidence inspiring. Moreover they're marketing it as a "budget" project so who knows what corners they've cut.

Looking at a lower floor option only as prices are pretty insane for this. Talking to owners who are willing to resell their property also.

Definer Kingdom :

Obviously a lesser brand so reviews online are decidedly mixed, but pretty decent pricing which I can afford better than Tranquility. Mixed reviews online about construction quality, location and cost cutting but a colleague of mine has been living there for a month and he's given pretty favorable reviews, and has even gone on to say that if one were to believe the opinion of carpenters etc who work in all of these projects, the construction quality here seems to be superior to even Prestige Tranquility.

Super confused, planning a site visit this weekend for both but wanted to seek genuine, accurate feedback of the folks here, please help me out with your thoughts and overall assessment.

Last edited by Parth46 : 28th October 2016 at 22:28.
Old 29th October 2016, 00:31   #1908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Super confused, planning a site visit this weekend for both but wanted to seek genuine, accurate feedback of the folks here, please help me out with your thoughts and overall assessment.
Please do visit the sites you mention, that is super important, as only then you can have an idea.

Let me also tell you that your post has confused me a lot. I own a plot some 8 kms before Prestige Tranquility (Sorry, I couldn't locate Definer Kingdom that you talk about) at Seegehalli on Old Madras Road and I had no freakin' clue that prices were so high.

If I were you, assuming that you want to stay in Bangalore for a long time, I would instead buy a plot of land nearby and build my own house. That's what I did in Koramangala. Of course, it's a lot of effort, but well worth it if you ask me.
Old 1st November 2016, 18:54   #1909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Please do visit the sites you mention, that is super important, as only then you can have an idea.

Let me also tell you that your post has confused me a lot. I own a plot some 8 kms before Prestige Tranquility (Sorry, I couldn't locate Definer Kingdom that you talk about) at Seegehalli on Old Madras Road and I had no freakin' clue that prices were so high.

If I were you, assuming that you want to stay in Bangalore for a long time, I would instead buy a plot of land nearby and build my own house. That's what I did in Koramangala. Of course, it's a lot of effort, but well worth it if you ask me.
Thanks for your feedback - appreciate your inputs. After a site visit, I've now completely dropped this tranquility idea due to remote location, and obnoxious prices quoted by the sellers/builder.

Future area development is one thing, and price appreciation is all fine, but you can't ask buyers to pay the future price now by building your case on these two, especially with a factory next door, a dump nearby and most importantly, a very obvious lack of public amenities like groceries, shopping, schools, hospitals etc nearby.

Looking at other areas now like Rammurthy Nagar, preferably those that can give me a good combo of being well connected with Hebbal/Manyata, as well as not that remote/secluded location wise. Ideally something that will give me good north/east Bangalore connectivity.

Own land and building - sounds like a great idea sir and well worth it, but not a very practical one for a salaried guy like me. Food for thought for sure, though.

The hunt continues, feel free to pitch in with ideas.

Cheers

Last edited by Parth46 : 1st November 2016 at 18:58.
Old 1st November 2016, 20:55   #1910
BHPian

Quote:

Looking at other areas now like Rammurthy Nagar, preferably those that can give me a good combo of being well connected with Hebbal/Manyata, as well as not that remote/secluded location wise. Ideally something that will give me good north/east Bangalore connectivity.

Own land and building - sounds like a great idea sir and well worth it, but not a very practical one for a salaried guy like me. Food for thought for sure, though.

The hunt continues, feel free to pitch in with ideas.

Cheers
Let me share my thoughts.

I have been living in North Bengaluru from the past 15 years. The rates then were 600/sqft near ring road. My salary was also relatively less and felt 600/sqft was ridiculous. The asking price at the same place now is 7000/sqft. I bought an apartment and at present staying in it. Fed up with the apartment life, two years back I started looking for sites in North Bengaluru again.

1. Now most of the affordable sites are "B Khata". Search in net and you will find that there is nothing called as "B Khata".
2. Finding "perfectly" legal sites in next to impossible. If you find any, they are beyond reach of salaried individuals. Many people risk the savings and purchase illegal ones hoping that everything will be regularised in so-and-so scheme which may never see the day of light. Nothing like demolitions may happen BUT the city has lost its charm due to all the unplanned constructions. I feel Bengaluru as a city is already dead with no quality of life left. I do not like to live in a city which has no soul.
3. Be "very" wary of lands in Devanahalli. I have lost one year of my life fighting to get back my money I had paid for the villa which was "excellent" but totally illegal. Again believe me, I had to spend a fortune on my lawyer for scrutinising some of the "ancient" documents in old Kannada to understand that the villa was illegal.
4. I am personally very wary of real estate in Bengaluru. Banks, officials, owners - everyone is trying to con the gullible people. I am alternatively looking to buy lands outside of Bengaluru and move out later.

I was born and brought up in small town in North Karnataka. I have been staying in Bengaluru from the past 20 years and still not able to "connect" with the city. So my thoughts may be bit out of place.
Old 1st November 2016, 21:15   #1911
BHPian

Has anyone here invested in UDS property? Some builders are selling Undivided Share property in commercial properties, which is purely for rental.

You dont own any demarcated office space, but only virtual squarefeet on a particular floor. Which is then leased out & you get lease pro-rata based on the area you own.

What are the legal implications of owning such a property? Does one get loan? Are they easy to resell?
Old 2nd November 2016, 10:59   #1912
BHPian

Guys, Any suggestions about the growth towards the new SEZ near KIADB Bagalur ? Apparently this area is just ~3kms from the International Airport. The KIADB is am told ~10000 Acres and Aerospace, Hardware, IT and Financial parks are coming up. But I dont see any constructions except for shell who apparently are moving their entire IT to this place by first quarter of 2017. The gated communities around this place are quoting around 2-3K/SFT. Will it be a good investment.

Thanks,
Rajesh
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:54   #1913
BHPian

Need some advice for Bangalore guys.

We are looking for a 1BHK purchase in Koramangala area for our office guest house.

Requirements are:
1. Gated campus
2. Not more than 15 years old
3. One four wheeler parking
4. Not too far off from 17th E Main, 6th Block

Can some help me understand about the possible rates?
I am getting quotes from 8k to 12k per sq ft.
Old 2nd November 2016, 13:39   #1914
Distinguished - BHPian

Please help suggest what is the typical brokerage one pays for high value flat rentals? Does it still stick to 1 month rent or is the norm lower for these kind of flats?
Old 2nd November 2016, 13:43   #1915
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Please help suggest what is the typical brokerage one pays for high value flat rentals? Does it still stick to 1 month rent or is the norm lower for these kind of flats?
Honestly - it depends on the broker in question.
The larger/professional brokers will not budge from their 1 month rental policy (in some cases, may ask for more depending on the tenure you're planning on renting for); whereas the smaller ones can be negotiated with (but then again, they deal with less value apartments).
Let me know if you need any help!
Old 2nd November 2016, 14:25   #1916
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

I request experienced pros to please help out regarding this dilemma.

Currently evaluating a few 2 BHK options near the old madras road area, namely Prestige Tranquility and Definer Kingdom. I agree both are of very different reputations but hear me out.

PT :

Overall verdict is very positive, with some mixed reviews thrown in online, namely about construction quality, cost cutting etc. Could folks who own a place there, or living on rent currently please help me with genuine opinions regarding the overall quality, approvals and safety of the project?

The collapse of a tower in Prestige Shantiniketan a few years ago is fresh in my mind and hence I'm very cautious about this. If this project adheres to the brand's overall quality levels I'll be in a much better position to evaluate, but living in a 22 floor high-rise built by a group whose earlier project collapsed is not very confidence inspiring. Moreover they're marketing it as a "budget" project so who knows what corners they've cut.

Looking at a lower floor option only as prices are pretty insane for this. Talking to owners who are willing to resell their property also.

Definer Kingdom :

Obviously a lesser brand so reviews online are decidedly mixed, but pretty decent pricing which I can afford better than Tranquility. Mixed reviews online about construction quality, location and cost cutting but a colleague of mine has been living there for a month and he's given pretty favorable reviews, and has even gone on to say that if one were to believe the opinion of carpenters etc who work in all of these projects, the construction quality here seems to be superior to even Prestige Tranquility.

I had a look at Prestige Tranquility and was on the verge of purchasing a resale apartment. Why I didnt go was the location was a bit remote for me. I agree in a couple of years a lot of changes will be coming- the proposed alternate 6 lane airport road will be right in front as well as an idea for a golf course on top of the old landfill. Right now the surroundings are not that great. The apartment i was considering looked over some kind of small scale industry. The price quoted for a Prestige flat was quite enticing but I dropped it due to the location.

If you looking in Northern Bangalore, you could try Nikoo homes or something. Remembered seeing an ad somewhere and it seemed to be good.
Old 2nd November 2016, 14:36   #1917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmeister View Post
I had a look at Prestige Tranquility and was on the verge of purchasing a resale apartment. Why I didnt go was the location was a bit remote for me. I agree in a couple of years a lot of changes will be coming- the proposed alternate 6 lane airport road will be right in front as well as an idea for a golf course on top of the old landfill. Right now the surroundings are not that great. The apartment i was considering looked over some kind of small scale industry. The price quoted for a Prestige flat was quite enticing but I dropped it due to the location.

If you looking in Northern Bangalore, you could try Nikoo homes or something. Remembered seeing an ad somewhere and it seemed to be good.
Thanks, agree with your points that the location is remote hence I'm dropping it as well.

Nikoo is more in the North and I don't find the overall thannisandra area that hot, would prefer something well connected with both North & East, Nikoo would cut me off a fair bit from OMR, Koramangala, OAR type locations. Also, big $$$ quotes for Nikoo, negotiable of course but still.

Not a fan of the big waiting periods for under-construction flats either

Last edited by Parth46 : 2nd November 2016 at 14:38.
Old 2nd November 2016, 15:30   #1918
BHPian

For almost ready properties there are some nitesh / unishire properties in north bangalore.
Old 4th November 2016, 15:53   #1919
Distinguished - BHPian

Are there any BHPians that are real estate agents in Pune?
Old 4th November 2016, 16:24   #1920
BHPian

Who are the good builders in Bangalore?
I know about Sobha, Prestige, Brigade and Embassy to be in the top tier. Are there any others?
The problem with Prestige is the quality of construction. I live in Prestige Shantiniketan (on rent) but the construction quality is terrible.
I've been hunting for apartments for a while but nothing's satisfied me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks