Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2018, 13:52   #2101
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Guys, any experience with Nestaway ? We have an old 2 BHK DDA Flat to be rented out in West Delhi.

Since we live about 30 mins away, I can't make multiple visits to let that out. I am exploring Nestaway to manage the entire process.
Old 28th August 2018, 17:07   #2102
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Guys, any experience with Nestaway ? We have an old 2 BHK DDA Flat to be rented out in West Delhi.

Since we live about 30 mins away, I can't make multiple visits to let that out. I am exploring Nestaway to manage the entire process.
Is it fully furnished? As in, can someone with no belongings of his own move in and start living immediately?

I don't know how Nestaway works but they do insist on a fully furnished property.

Just call them up, you will get a clearer picture.
Old 28th August 2018, 17:41   #2103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Is it fully furnished? As in, can someone with no belongings of his own move in and start living immediately?

I don't know how Nestaway works but they do insist on a fully furnished property.

Just call them up, you will get a clearer picture.
No, it's semi furnished. Nestaway is ok with it, they've done the inspection. That's not the problem, I was looking for general feedback on how Nestaway functions practically from who's dealt with them.
Old 28th August 2018, 19:10   #2104
BHPian

How is the review for the builder SLV Infrastructures in Bengaluru. I am planning on purchasing an under construction flat in their offering SLV Central Park.

Few online reviews are there which says good things about the builder. It will be helpful to know views from fellow BHPians if they have dealt with them either directly or indirectly.
Old 2nd September 2018, 03:23   #2105
Senior - BHPian

Folks, planning to invest in an agricultural land on the outskirts of Bangalore. I plan to have a small house built there along with doing farming (using help). Let me know if there are any availability of such lands?
Old 3rd October 2018, 13:24   #2106
BHPian

Guys wanted your suggestions.

The banker needs the property that they are funding, to be insured for the entire tenure of the loan. The apartment association will be taking an insurance for the entire building but after 2 months. So I want to comply with the banker's demand in the cheapest way possible. I may only need a 1 year coverage for the time being, but, please give your suggestions for 25 years also

Tenure - 25 years
Value - 1.1 Cr
Old 4th October 2018, 16:16   #2107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Folks, planning to invest in an agricultural land on the outskirts of Bangalore. I plan to have a small house built there along with doing farming (using help). Let me know if there are any availability of such lands?
I am in the same boat too. I would not mind joining forces.
Old 8th October 2018, 09:50   #2108
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Yes, thank you.
Which is why I'm looking for real experiences. Someone who actually listed their property for sale and ended up getting 'x%' of the expected. Looking for rough percentage numbers. Too much anecdotal information going around.
Hoping for some actual seller experiences.
I am in the middle of this experience. We listed our plot in Naukuchiatal, Uttaranchal for sale, in 99acres.com (free listing) in Feb. this year. Since then we have had countless calls from prospective buyers/time wasters/casual visitors. Some actually visited the plot (as we were informed by the caretaker), communicated a couple of times. Some were ready to put down a token as down payment. But when pinned down, they would not commit to a time bound agreement to complete the sale. Some wanted to negotiate the price (the root of the issue in every case, we suspect) & we agreed, that we were open to negotiation - but naturally we could not sell for peanuts while keeping circle rates, adjacent market values, plot location and other factors in mind.

The process continues......
Old 8th October 2018, 11:43   #2109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
I am in the middle of this experience.
Thank you! Real seller experiences are worth their weight in gold. Almost everyone has a buying experience to narrate. And all of us assume that we know what it takes to sell as well. To hear from an individual (not involved in the real estate profession) who is trying to sell a piece of personal property is very rare. But at some point I think a lot of us will be in that position and it would be good to know what to expect. Do keep us posted.
Old 8th October 2018, 12:54   #2110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Folks, planning to invest in an agricultural land on the outskirts of Bangalore.
Some advice from personal experience - finding a suitable plot will take time. Everyone around any big city knows the value of their land. If you find a deal that's too good to be true, it probably is. Be skeptical and of a 'what could go wrong' mindset, instead of focusing on the positives. There are too many fake layouts coming up around Bangalore, most are definitely not legal. Buying agricultural land is another story altogether. Not trying to discourage you, but land is a big investment, needs big verification. Once you find a property you like, pay a good lawyer to do the due diligence. You don't want someone coming up later claiming to be one of the legal heirs of the property, and claiming that the people who sold it to you had no right to do so without his knowledge.

Once you do buy, fence it IMMEDIATELY. We made this mistake and a small portion of that land was encroached on by an adjoining property. It took me a couple of years to recover it. Fortunately I managed to do it simply by repeated visits and building a rapport with the adjoining plot owners, instead of by going to court. I doubt that kind of luck will strike twice. Maybe even build a small structure or shed, anything to establish your ownership and credentials.

Till you finally construct your house and move there, visit the plot regularly. Plant trees now. Plant many trees, they take time to grow and not all of them survive. Out of the 10-odd trees I planted three years ago, only 5 are still growing.

Last edited by am1m : 8th October 2018 at 13:02.
Old 8th October 2018, 13:41   #2111
BHPian

Guys, any leads on good ready to move or end of year projects I can invest in Gurgaon? I really like Ambience Creacions but something inside me is holding me back. Any leads on golf course extension or anywhere in Gurgaon? Thanks!
Old 8th October 2018, 13:46   #2112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Till you finally construct your house and move there, visit the plot regularly. Plant trees now. Plant many trees, they take time to grow and not all of them survive. Out of the 10-odd trees I planted three years ago, only 5 are still growing.
Be careful with this too, once you plant trees cutting them down takes a lot of running around taking permissions from the Forest department. I have seen cases where they just wouldnt agree to letting the owners cut these trees, leading to a HUGE mess.
Old 8th October 2018, 14:01   #2113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Be careful with this too, once you plant trees cutting them down takes a lot of running around taking permissions from the Forest department. I have seen cases where they just wouldnt agree to letting the owners cut these trees, leading to a HUGE mess.
Absolutely, thanks for bringing this up.

Facing the same issue with our place in Bangalore. The trees planted in the small plot 15 years ago are now becoming a bit of a maintenance problem. Nothing major, and I really don't want to cut them, but my neighbors keep hassling me to do that. Fortunately, I keep telling them that my hands are tied because of the Forest Department!
Old 8th October 2018, 22:15   #2114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXTriX2004 View Post
I am in the same boat too. I would not mind joining forces.

I have not got any good leads till now. Will pm you in case if I find any.

Quote:
Some advice from personal experience - finding a suitable plot will take time. Everyone around any big city knows the value of their land. -- SNIP --
Till you finally construct your house and move there, visit the plot regularly. Plant trees now

Thanks am1m for the suggestion. Yes I do intend to get it all verified before putting in my money. As you have mentioned there are lot of bad elements out there trying to scam you. Till now my search has not yielded any good results. Will wait for some more time and check.
Old 8th October 2018, 23:18   #2115
Senior - BHPian

I've recently relocated to Bangalore. Looking for a flat on rent or ownership around CV Raman Nagar. Any leads will be appreciated.

On a side note, will there be any issues driving a MH regd car in Bangalore? Will be here for 18 months.

Most Viewed