Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2018, 07:50   #2116
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
On a side note, will there be any issues driving a MH regd car in Bangalore? Will be here for 18 months.
Welcome to Bangalore

Since you're looking for a flat specifically in CV Raman Nagar, I'm assuming you decided based on work locations and mode of commute for you and spouse, kids school location, etc. Some of the interior locations around Kaggadasapura have narrow roads and there are traffic jams around the railway track, keep that in mind when deciding on the flat.

Regarding the MH registered car - as per the law you need to pay Life time tax in Karnataka if your stay extends beyond a year. Make sure you have some proof like PUC certificate, fuel bills, toll receipts, etc from your current location (Mumbai ?) that will help prove your date of relocation to Bangalore.
Old 9th October 2018, 23:36   #2117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Welcome to Bangalore

Since you're looking for a flat specifically in CV Raman Nagar, I'm assuming you decided based on work locations and mode of commute for you and spouse, kids school location, etc. Some of the interior locations around Kaggadasapura have narrow roads and there are traffic jams around the railway track, keep that in mind when deciding on the flat.

Regarding the MH registered car - as per the law you need to pay Life time tax in Karnataka if your stay extends beyond a year. Make sure you have some proof like PUC certificate, fuel bills, toll receipts, etc from your current location (Mumbai ?) that will help prove your date of relocation to Bangalore.
Thanks for the quick reply. I will be visiting Bombay by the car frequently during the 18 months, hence the proof of fuel bills, toll receipts, PUC etc should not be a problem. Hope the RTO in Bangalore doesnt harass me too much.
Old 10th October 2018, 08:55   #2118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
I've recently relocated to Bangalore. Looking for a flat on rent or ownership around CV Raman Nagar. Any leads will be appreciated.

On a side note, will there be any issues driving a MH regd car in Bangalore? Will be here for 18 months.
If you plan to be here only for 18 months, does not really make sense to buy. Would be better to get a nice place for rent. Will work out far cheaper. Even if you have long term plans, would suggest to rent first, get a sense of the areas, prices and your requirements and then take a call.
Old 10th October 2018, 09:54   #2119
BHPian

Hello folks,

We have just began searching for an apartment in Bangalore and as per current research, it seems highly likely that we may end up buying a resale property (2-3 years old). Now, this would be a first time experience for me as earlier the purchases were always, directly from the builder.
In case of purchase of a resale property, what is the due diligence to be followed? Should I involve a lawyer? I would be taking around 60% loan and am planning to go to the bank this weekend to begin that conversation. Does the due diligence done by bank suffice?

Also, does anyone know a good lawyer between Marathahalli and Whitefield who can be of help here (of course for a fee).

Sorry for so many questions.
Old 10th October 2018, 20:38   #2120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Hello folks,

We have just began searching for an apartment in Bangalore and as per current research, it seems highly likely that we may end up buying a resale property (2-3 years old). Now, this would be a first time experience for me as earlier the purchases were always, directly from the builder.
In case of purchase of a resale property, what is the due diligence to be followed? Should I involve a lawyer? I would be taking around 60% loan and am planning to go to the bank this weekend to begin that conversation. Does the due diligence done by bank suffice?

Also, does anyone know a good lawyer between Marathahalli and Whitefield who can be of help here (of course for a fee).

Hi
1. Please involve the advocate as it will help you with the "to-do" list. As it is a resale, it might be prudent to get a advocate.
2. Of course, the bank will ask you to bring in the property papers (normally it is a big book) or they may approach the builder depending upon the bank. The bank will also take a legal opinion before loan approval and disbursement so it might be okay to go with them.
3. I'm sorry, won't be of any help on the advocate's reference in those areas.
Cheers
Old 11th October 2018, 08:17   #2121
BHPian

Quote:
In case of purchase of a resale property, what is the due diligence to be followed?.
1. Get the apartment inspected thoroughly by a mason.
2. Get an EC.
3. Check with apartment owners association if all bills are paid
4. Ask your bank to share the internal and external technical report.
5. Ask for the parking allotment letter.

Hold off paying the last 1 lakh till all of the issues have been fixed.
Old 11th October 2018, 09:36   #2122
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I know a good lawyer but in Indiranagar - they handled a sale of my Whitefield property recently. PM me if you need the details
Old 12th October 2018, 01:04   #2123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Should I involve a lawyer? I would be taking around 60% loan and am planning to go to the bank this weekend to begin that conversation. Does the due diligence done by bank suffice?

Banks are mainly bothered about your repaying capacity. Better you get everything checked by a good lawyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
3. Check with apartment owners association if all bills are paid

Some banks ask for NOC from the apartment association. Get it even if the bank doesn't ask.
Check on who's name the Katha is. If it is still under the builder's name, you would need to pay for two transfers, first to the previous owner and then to your name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I know a good lawyer but in Indiranagar - they handled a sale of my Whitefield property recently. PM me if you need the details

I too know a good lawyer who helped with my property registration,. again in Indiranagar. Maybe the same guy ajmat is talking about. PM me for details.
Old 12th October 2018, 08:03   #2124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
Hi
Thanks sumzup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Hold off paying the last 1 lakh till all of the issues have been fixed.
Thanks Vinu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Thanks Ajmat, going to PM you shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Check on who's name the Katha is. If it is still under the builder's name, you would need to pay for two transfers, first to the previous owner and then to your name.

I too know a good lawyer who helped with my property registration,. again in Indiranagar. Maybe the same guy ajmat is talking about. PM me for details.
Thanks Jaguar. I was told that most katha documents are in Kannada so in that case I would definitely need a lawyer to verify them. Going to PM you shortly. Thanks.
Old 12th October 2018, 08:31   #2125
Senior - BHPian

For people looking at buying property in Bangalore, there is a property expo organized from today until Sunday. Details as below :

Event : Property Expo 2018
Venue : National High School Grounds, Basavanagudi, Bangalore
Dates : 12, 13 and 14 October (from 10 AM to 7 pm).

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 12th October 2018 at 08:40.
Old 14th October 2018, 06:53   #2126
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Thank you! Real seller experiences are worth their weight in gold. Almost everyone has a buying experience to narrate. And all of us assume that we know what it takes to sell as well. To hear from an individual (not involved in the real estate profession) who is trying to sell a piece of personal property is very rare. But at some point I think a lot of us will be in that position and it would be good to know what to expect. Do keep us posted.
Thanks - will do so. Keeping fingers crossed for an early and reasonable conclusion!
Old 14th October 2018, 16:20   #2127
BHPian

A shout-out to all Team-bhp members from Goa. We have two 2 bedroom apartments in North Goa (AWHO Complex Harbans Vihar) which we need to sale off urgently as we have picked up another property in Chandigarh and need to pay for it from the sale of the Goa flats in the coming months.

I would really appreciate if someone can forward any good property dealer/brokers details based there. I'm already putting out the advertisement for the sale on some real estate online portals. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 22nd October 2018, 22:27   #2128
Distinguished - BHPian

Furnished accommodation for a family in Viman Nagar, Pune :

A close pal is letting out his furnished apartment for rent in Pune. The place is nicely done up, and is quite close to Phoenix mall, the airport, Symbiosis etc.

If any one is interested, please let me know.
Old 27th October 2018, 15:27   #2129
BHPian

Hello Folks!

I am planning to buy an apartment 2.5 or 3 BHK for personal use in Gurgaon. Me and my wife have been searching for right property since last 4 months and almost every weekend we head out for search.
All this search has increased our confusion as the property worth and value seems miles apart.
So just posting to know if any fellow bhpian has used the services or any trusted broker/advisor in Gurgaon
Old 12th November 2018, 18:29   #2130
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I have a 3.5 BHK, brand spanking new apartment in Raheja Vistas Premiere (builder is K Raheja Corp), NIBM Road, Pune that I want to sell off. Its ready to move and in my personal opinion, it's an awesome apartment.

I had planned on moving to Pune from polluted Delhi sometime soon, but, those plans are looking untenable at the moment. Hence, the need to sell.

Please PM if there is any interest for further details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks