Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2020, 20:11   #2326
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Actually there is some logic in T junction plots not being preferred. If the house is facing a major road perpendicularly, imagine the sight you are greeted with when you open your gate. Also at night, headlight from vehicles will create a disco lights effect on your walls, along with music via honking due to the 3 way intersection. These plots are also called as 'road hit' plots in common parlance. Some plots are 'road hit' by small internal cross roads with very little traffic and the above problems hardly affect it. Some plots have road hits on only one portion of the frontage.

Here is some Vastu trivia I learnt. Not all road hits are bad as per vastu. There are good road hits and bad road hits depending on which part of your plot is meeting the road!
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 20:31   #2327
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Also at night, headlight from vehicles will create a disco lights effect on your walls, along with music via honking due to the 3 way intersection.
That would be worse in a corner site, due to 4 way intersection. But corner sites are very popular.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
These plots are also called as 'road hit' plots in common parlance. Some plots are 'road hit' by small internal cross roads with very little traffic and the above problems hardly affect it. Some plots have road hits on only one portion of the frontage.
Corner sites can suffer the same due to under-steering cars from two sides.

As I stated before, there is no logic in how Vastu is applied. Same issue is fine in some plots and bad in some other plots.
Old 27th July 2020, 20:56   #2328
Senior - BHPian

Very entertaining stuff from @Samurai. The vaastu experts have created so much havoc now a days that it is impossible to buy a plot now a days.

From my experience the biggest due diligence you have to do is on Who are your neighbors and what could be their end goals. No vaastu can save you from them. If a friendly enterprising Businessmen is planning a 5 floor PG in the adjacent plot, guarantee that your life and investment is gone for a toss. A guy is attending calls from a PG adjacent to my home at 2AM..!! His days are your nights and vice versa.All entertaining stuff in your bedroom when you are trying to get some sleep after a tiring day.

All the positive energy from Vaastu will evaporate in thin air. The place will look and sound like a college hostel. Your peace of mind will exist only in dreams only if you could sleep.

Roads with dead end are always good for less traffic and commotion.But in gated layouts, one day you will discover that the company has acquired the adjacent property for phase x and your dead end has become a major through fare.

Last edited by poloman : 27th July 2020 at 21:06. Reason: Avoid stereotyping
poloman is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 09:41   #2329
Distinguished - BHPian

Vaastu was the ancient way of architecture layout. Don't put the toilet next to the kitchen; don't put the sewer next to your water supply etc. It has been converted in the last 30 to 40 years into a game by so called Vaastu experts to fleece money from the innocent and the scared - my opinion, others are likely to differ. Vaastu comes into play when you are well off and can afford to be choosy. My father served in the defence forces. In my first 18 years I lived in about 8 different apartments due to transfers. You didn't have a choice - you took the flat the Navy allotted to you regardless of which direction it faced. And life was quite fine. The fears are only in our minds. The best years of my career/business were when we lived in a bunglow that firmly faced South-South. We all will face our share of ill luck in life - ill luck that seems we don't deserve - and it does happen. We all will equally face ill luck that was partly or wholly of our own making. Why blame Vaastu or Astrology or Numerology. Your actions and words and thoughts and intentions carry way way way more power than these. I don't wish to hurt the sentiments of those who believe in Vaastu etc. Just stating my views.

PS: Personally I stay away from these {Vaastu, Astrology, Numerology} completely. Though I respect the right of others to pursue them.
V.Narayan is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 10:11   #2330
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Vaastu was the ancient way of architecture layout. Don't put the toilet next to the kitchen; don't put the sewer next to your water supply etc. It has been converted in the last 30 to 40 years into a game by so called Vaastu experts to fleece money from the innocent and the scared - my opinion, others are likely to differ. Vaastu comes into play when you are well off and can afford to be choosy.
Absolutely, well said. In my opinion this was just a set of principles/guidance/thumb rules to get the layout right to ensure good flow of light and cross ventilation in the home. It's been converted over the years into a racket that traps many people by scaring them with bad luck and superstition based consequences.

Even many non-belivers actually think why take a chance with Vastu when we're spending so much on buying/building homes!

Last edited by NPV : 28th July 2020 at 10:36.
NPV is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 12:01   #2331
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Another factor which has added to this craze is property as an investment. Earlier, a house was for life for one's own use.
Now when you buy property for investment, it doesnt matter what your belief is. You need to take into account the belief of the future buyer. Then things like Vaastu, swimming pool facing, outside facing, etc etc start coming into play and the RE companies start hyping up on those.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 02:28   #2332
BHPian

Apparently our guys started this trend even in US market. I am currently scouting for a home in Dallas area and the trend here is also the same. Basically Dallas suburbs are slowly becoming a mini India with growing IT population. Most of the homes facing a road like a T junction or L junction is not getting enough traction.

I saw a property last week which was constructed right on a T junction. The plan is excellent and home is exactly matching my requirements on size as well as price. But after some deliberation, we skipped the home as it is in market for more than 3 months. Other homes in the area were getting sold within a week after coming into market. The real estate agent also said it might cause a problem in future if you plan to sell it. Being an independent contractor on work visa, I cannot take risk on a home which I may not be able to dispose off easily.
hema4saran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 17:25   #2333
BHPian

Are there any bhpians who have invested in greater noida ? Or anybody residing in that area. Looking to invest in a 3 bhk in gr.noida in coming few months. Any help would be appreciated. Have shortlisted arihant ambar till now.
speedfreak01 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 19:45   #2334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
Are there any bhpians who have invested in greater noida ? Or anybody residing in that area. Looking to invest in a 3 bhk in gr.noida in coming few months. Any help would be appreciated. Have shortlisted arihant ambar till now.
I have invested about two years back in row house in Greater Noida. The market is still subdued but hope to see resurgence after airport comes up. Happy to share insights. Please PM.
Old 14th August 2020, 20:22   #2335
BHPian

In my part of the country, most of the small plots are booked up by dealer cartels and then sold out to the end users at a profit of approximately 5 to 10% of total price.

There is simply no way of getting any plot directly from the original owner .In case of plots in govt authority developed sector and during initial draws , the number of applicants for the small plots upto 200 Sq yards is usually 200 to 1000 times the no of plots .Hence whatever plot and in whichever direction gets alloted is usually accepted with folded hands to be sold at a premium or to be kept for end use.

However ,things change when somebody enters the secondary market where all the concepts of vaastu are applied by property dealers /brokers to first reduce the price while buying them from common investors and then fleece the buyers while selling them.

The plots which are hot sellers are corner plots,park facing ,Sector road location ,near commercial areas and of course the usual vaastu concepts .It's all an open market with a type of auction process where the plots are bought and sold in secondary market.
Old 21st August 2020, 12:01   #2336
M35
BHPian

I have some Rs.12 Lacs parked with Puravankara builders which I need to use it now.
  1. Book the pre-launch Purva Zenium in airport road area, Bangalore via their subvention scheme through SBI ( Nothing else to pay now, just pay the rest around Rs.70L at possession in 2023 March )
  2. Buy a Ready-to-occupy Purav Moonreach in Kochi (the possession year 2013). There are just two left and it costs around Rs.92L

Since I am based out in Kerala, my heart is in favour of the Moonreach but mind thinks the Bangalore one makes sense as an investment point of view. I could sell it off in 2023 and buy one back in Kerala then

Any suggestion?
Old 21st August 2020, 16:25   #2337
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
I have some Rs.12 Lacs parked with Puravankara builders which I need to use it now.
  1. Book the pre-launch Purva Zenium in airport road area, Bangalore via their subvention scheme through SBI ( Nothing else to pay now, just pay the rest around Rs.70L at possession in 2023 March )
  2. Buy a Ready-to-occupy Purav Moonreach in Kochi (the possession year 2013). There are just two left and it costs around Rs.92L

Since I am based out in Kerala, my heart is in favour of the Moonreach but mind thinks the Bangalore one makes sense as an investment point of view. I could sell it off in 2023 and buy one back in Kerala then

Any suggestion?
Ideally take your money out of Puruvankara!

I would buy a ready to occupy flat and take the Kochi option assuming area is good. A higher loan liability but controllable as you can sell the asset. Forget the pre-launch option unless you have no need for the liquidity. I exercised such an option on a project in Kanakpura road - I should have got paid in 2018 but De-mon, GST, crashed economy and now COVID. I should be able to cash out towards the year end bit have no expectations at this point in time.
ajmat is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 21:03   #2338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post

Any suggestion?
I don't think the Bangalore one makes sense from an investment point of view. The market is generally over-priced and there is a huge supply. So reselling at a price you have in mind maybe difficult. And considering it is pre-launch, it may take longer for you to get it in the current situation.

Since you are Kerala based, the Kochi one makes more sense. But if you are only buying because some funds are locked, maybe makes sense to try to exit out.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 13:28   #2339
BHPian

Can anybody who is in the market for house/flat/land, share their experience on the market condition?. To my surprise, the quoted price is higher than the pre covid price. ( Or the same in some cases). This is contrary to what you see in online articles etc. These are properties are not good either. I understand this is a quoted price not the transaction price. But it will some idea about the supply/demand scenario.

Also, after covid, people realized that one can work from anywhere. I dont see permanent work from home becoming the norm. But we cant rule it out. It can be done on a case by case basis. Considering this, I am wondering if one should make a large ticket purchase now. ( Even if its for own use. Not for investment. I dont believe in real estate as an investment) . I want to know the thought process of others who are looking to buy now. Or any advice from others would be great.
adithya.kp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 14:52   #2340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
I am wondering if one should make a large ticket purchase now. ( Even if its for own use. Not for investment. I dont believe in real estate as an investment) . I want to know the thought process of others who are looking to buy now. Or any advice from others would be great.

This should be easy one for you since you are looking for self use and not for investment. The RE market was and is already inflated almost everywhere. That said, the question is are you financially ready for it ? I.e. Do you have 20% for down payment, additional 10-20% for interiors etc. And do you work for any known company and have a good credit score to obtain a loan from the bank?. If the answers are yes then you are ready to buy house for your own use and you could get a good deal ( home loan rates are already hovering around 7 %) from the developers.

Just fix your budget first, select 4-5 projects based on your requirements and give them the indications that you are ready to purchase but strictly within your budget. Have realistic expectations on the cost, good projects from the reputed and safe builders will cost more.

Last edited by vb-saan : 25th August 2020 at 18:17. Reason: Quote tags fixed. Thank you!
hondafanboy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks