Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2020, 00:37   #2356
BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Looking to buy a plot in a gated community in Hyderabad. Plan is to build and move in within the next 2-4 years.

Some questions:
- What are some recommended builders/developers that are easy and safe to deal with? We're only aware of Aparna, and want to expand our search.

- We're looking to place ourselves close to the existing corridor for commute reasons. What are some upcoming areas to look out for?

- How's the RE market looking in Hyderabad? It's been running hot for years now.

Thanks!
Old 21st September 2020, 09:45   #2357
KPR
BANNED

I'm considering to purchase a land with 1600 Sq ft of land area where duplex houses are being promoted in my town area. The location of land is what I like about. But my doubt is will I be able to construct a duplex/villa with two car parking space? There is absolutely no compromise for me on two car parking space. What is an ideal dimension required for parking sub 5m car say for an Innova dimension ? (I know I have to forego my dream of buying an Isuzu Dmax)
Old 21st September 2020, 10:39   #2358
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
I'm considering to purchase a land with 1600 Sq ft of land area where duplex houses are being promoted in my town area. The location of land is what I like about. But my doubt is will I be able to construct a duplex/villa with two car parking space?
Dimensions of land please!! Typically you'll leave 2 meters space in front and between 1.2 - 1.5 m on sides minimum and this figure will be higher for taller buildings. From boundary, you need to set aside 60 cm - 75 cm for wall, pillar and gate. (Assuming a sliding one.) The D'Max seems to be 5.3m x 1.9m wide. If you put the car parking on a corner of the building, the 1st floor at this corner on a pillar, offset the pillar from side boundary by 2.6 - 3 m and another 3 m from front boundary, a 4.2 - 4.5 m depth for car parking on building will suffice. You still have 1m or more between building and gate which you can cover with sheet fabrication.

Similar width for the 2nd car needs to be provided. I am providing only indicative dimensions. If the road is narrow, the gate and car parking needs to be wider. So do consult an architect.

Bottom line - you get just one or two small rooms and a stair case on the ground floor.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 10:48   #2359
KPR
BANNED

Sorry for not mentioning dimension. It is 30x53 ft plot.
Old 21st September 2020, 11:06   #2360
BHPian

Quote:
I don't have enough experience on this topic but I am in the process of selecting a plot for house construction as well. Based on on what I have gathered so far, you do have enough space in terms of the length of the plot i.e. 53 but the width might be a limiting factor for side by side parking for which i think minimum 18x18 space is required. But If I think , you may be able to get back to back car parking instead of side by side and if the stilt parking is not allowed. Also, see if you can find a plot with 40ft in width.
hondafanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 11:17   #2361
BHPian

Quote:
I'm considering to purchase a land with 1600 Sq ft of land area where duplex houses are being promoted in my town area. The location of land is what I like about. But my doubt is will I be able to construct a duplex/villa with two car parking space? There is absolutely no compromise for me on two car parking space. What is an ideal dimension required for parking sub 5m car say for an Innova dimension ? (I know I have to forego my dream of buying an Isuzu Dmax)
I don't have any opinion on the required space/dimentions for your needs (I live in apartment you see ) but can you consider a stack parking / lift for your needs?

These are not very expensive and will be helpful in utilizing the space better if your ceiling height is good.
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 11:43   #2362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

KPR - My house is on a 30X50 plot size. Though I do not keep both cars in the parking area , I have easily been able to park my Innova and my Baleno in the space available.

We do not have a compound wall / gate and therefore the Baleno has the front wheels jut out to the road if I keep both the cars inside.

With a proper design and layout , you should easily be able to keep two cars inside.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 11:55   #2363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You can make the entire ground floor as stilt parking. And you can plan the duplex on the first and second floor. With this, except for the staircase, the whole ground floor will be dedicated to parking vehicles. You can easily park your Dmax as well .

Any decent architect will be able to position the pillars right so that you have two full length rows of space front to back to park the cars. A sliding gate will ensure that you can move your cars in and out without the big gate swing out onto the road. We have a similar house in the family in a 30x50 plot and they can park 4 sedans comfortably

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 21st September 2020 at 11:56.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 11:57   #2364
Senior - BHPian

I have been doing some research on this. Two cars parking ( specially if one is a big SUV/MUV like Innova) is possible in less than 2000sqft is possible only with your living space moved to first floor. Ground floor can be used for parking two big cars and a party area/guest bed room/ office space.

If you accommodate 2 car parking and living area on the ground floor in a plot with 30sqt road frontage , the design will become too much squeezed and the house will have a cramped feeling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
You can make the entire ground floor as stilt parking. And you can plan the duplex on the first and second floor. With this, except for the staircase, the whole ground floor will be dedicated to parking vehicles.
The aesthetics of the house will be compromised if you use the entire ground floor for parking.

Last edited by poloman : 21st September 2020 at 12:01.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 12:23   #2365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
I don't have enough experience on this topic but I am in the process of selecting a plot for house construction as well. Based on on what I have gathered so far, you do have enough space in terms of the length of the plot i.e. 53 but the width might be a limiting factor for side by side parking for which i think minimum 18x18 space is required. But If I think , you may be able to get back to back car parking instead of side by side and if the stilt parking is not allowed. Also, see if you can find a plot with 40ft in width.
I have a plot of 2250 in my hometown which I'll develop after a couple of years. I've been gaining ideas and design insights from this particular youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Buildofy

Keep us posted with the development.
Old 21st September 2020, 14:31   #2366
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
But If I think , you may be able to get back to back car parking instead of side by side and if the stilt parking is not allowed. Also, see if you can find a plot with 40ft in width.
Thanks for the input. When location is good, plot is small. I love to own a farm and stay there forever. But family needs a city life .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
I don't have any opinion on the required space/dimentions for your needs (I live in apartment you see ) but can you consider a stack parking / lift for your needs?

These are not very expensive and will be helpful in utilizing the space better if your ceiling height is good.
That's a good suggestion which I'm pondering over. I've seen malls parking one car above another using hydraulic parking solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I have been doing some research on this. Two cars parking ( specially if one is a big SUV/MUV like Innova) is possible in less than 2000sqft is possible only with your living space moved to first floor. Ground floor can be used for parking two big cars and a party area/guest bed room/ office space.
Thanks for input. Stilt parking will cause construction cost go up considerably. Any solution you've found from your research?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
You can make the entire ground floor as stilt parking. And you can plan the duplex on the first and second floor. With this, except for the staircase, the whole ground floor will be dedicated to parking
Stilt parking is a choice but cost of construction goes up too. Atleast Rs.1200/ sft for stilt alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
KPR - My house is on a 30X50 plot size. Though I do not keep both cars in the parking area , I have easily been able to park my Innova and my Baleno in the space available.

We do not have a compound wall / gate and therefore the Baleno has the front wheels jut out to the road if I keep both the cars inside.

With a proper design and layout , you should easily be able to keep two cars inside.
Interesting. What is the size of your parking lot? Can you share a photo of two cars in parked condition if possible. This will be helpful for many.

Last edited by KPR : 21st September 2020 at 14:35.
Old 21st September 2020, 14:46   #2367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Stilt parking is a choice but cost of construction goes up too. Atleast Rs.1200/ sft for stilt alone.
Agreed, but if your land costs are much higher, this is the better option. Better utilization of available land also ensured.
If you have a 50ft road frontage and 60ft deep site then only you can accommodate two big cars back to back or side by side. But do you need or can afford such a large plot just to accommodate cars?
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 15:18   #2368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If the 1200/sft includes everything like sump, compound, stilt tiles, electrical, pillars, roof then i would say i would say it is worth it. Maybe, you can negotiate and reduce the price further to say 1100/sft

Think long term. I would say it would cost less than the IZUSU that you want to buy. You can always buy the car a bit later but the house cannot be modified to accommodate the car later.

That space can be used for small family get togethers, washing your car in shade 24x7 and many more. It will be like owning a spare 1200 sq ft plot free of cost. That too which is right underneath you

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 21st September 2020 at 15:23.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 16:12   #2369
KPR
BANNED

Thanks sagarpadaki and poloman Thanks for your input. Cars, land area, house rooms there's no end to it. A stilt parking in case of less available space instead of room size compromises will only be ideal for future.
Old 22nd September 2020, 00:44   #2370
BHPian

Quote:
A stilt parking in case of less available space instead of room size compromises will only be ideal for future.
One point that you may want to consider is that having a stilt parking may be an impediment for senior family members to venture out. That applies to us as well since a house will at-least have a life of 40-50 years before one thinks about demolishing it and starting afresh.

I am in the same predicament and have chosen to forego having a stilt parking for this very reason. Ideally a good compromise would be something like having only the living room and servant areas on the ground floor which would free up quite a bit of space for parking two or even three cars. But that still is a compromise for senior citizens as the bedrooms will have to be upstairs anyway. Installing or planning a space for an elevator is then another solution albeit at a significant cost.

And finally, its debatable, but to some, a house with stilt parking looks more like an apartment than a villa.

Do let us know what you decide finally.
theMandarin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed