Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2020, 06:32   #2371
BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
I'm considering to purchase a land with 1600 Sq ft of land area where duplex houses are being promoted in my town area. The location of land is what I like about. But my doubt is will I be able to construct a duplex/villa with two car parking space? There is absolutely no compromise for me on two car parking space. What is an ideal dimension required for parking sub 5m car say for an Innova dimension ? (I know I have to forego my dream of buying an Isuzu Dmax)
15-16' × 9' is what I consider min when designing slots, whether side by side or back to back. You can also look at one long (D Max) and one short (Swift) if 'short' on space.

A split level house is an option, but will become a nightmare to navigate as you age.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 18:36   #2372
BHPian

Bangalore folks, any suggestions on a 1BHK in Whitefield area in either Brigade Cornerstone Utopia or the newly launched Prestige Waterford?
This would be a purely investment purpose for a rental income.
Both the flats would be available around 2023/24.
Prestige flat is ~600sq ft around 55lakhs.
Brigade flat is ~700sq ft around 50lakhs.

Query: Are these good investments? I've heard that 1BHKs in tier-1 builders sell out like hot cakes, esp. in Bengaluru. Views please.
Old 22nd September 2020, 19:47   #2373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Bangalore folks, any suggestions on a 1BHK in Whitefield area in either Brigade Cornerstone Utopia or the newly launched Prestige Waterford?

Query: Are these good investments? I've heard that 1BHKs in tier-1 builders sell out like hot cakes, esp. in Bengaluru. Views please.
They might sell like hot cakes but I always wonder who buys them later on from the first owner? Another investor kinda guy?

Would rather suggest up the budget to 2br and at least you have an exit push comes to shove.

Wow, 55 lakhs for 600 sq ft. Makes my eyes water. Just super inflated prices. Am sure that is super built up area as well?
Old 22nd September 2020, 20:08   #2374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
They might sell like hot cakes but I always wonder who buys them later on from the first owner? Another investor kinda guy?
Well, 1BHKs almost always find a buyer from what I've heard. And they are always in demand (well not exactly right now, but...) esp. in Tier-1 builders (Salarpuria, Sobha, Prestige, Brigade).

Quote:
Would rather suggest up the budget to 2br and at least you have an exit push comes to shove.
2BHKs are at an eye watering [75lakhs+registration charges] which will make it 80lakhs+. I doubt if anyone is going to pay 1cr in another 5 years for a 2BHK. They do get 35k per month rent in decent societies.

Quote:
Wow, 55 lakhs for 600 sq ft. Makes my eyes water. Just super inflated prices. Am sure that is super built up area as well?
Yup, carpet area is 413sq ft.
Old 22nd September 2020, 20:09   #2375
Senior - BHPian

It is interesting that during a pandemic and an economic recession, this is the most active that I have seen this thread ever be.
Old 22nd September 2020, 20:32   #2376
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
It is interesting that during a pandemic and an economic recession, this is the most active that I have seen this thread ever be.
It’s because people have way too much time in their hands and no where to go
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 21:24   #2377
BHPian

NCR folks specially from Dwarka side, did anyone check the Dwarka Expressway projects. With recent developments in and around Dwarka like convention center, diplomatic enclave and the express way work in full flow what is the projection about the apartments on express way in Gurgaon.
Old 1st October 2020, 10:34   #2378
BHPian

Need some input from fellow bhpians who have experience with property matters.

We have an offer to buy the rental flat we are living in Indiranagar Bangalore. However, the apartment is 20 years old. We have stayed here for close to 4 years and are aware of the pros/cons of the locality.
From my initial inquiries, the quoted price is just less than the undivided land share which comes to 665 square feet (as per the official papers).

For context - we intend to stay here for a while. The apartment is a 1245 sq. feet unit with 2 beds, 2 baths and a dining room. It includes a parking space. There is no lift in the building and its on the second floor.

What are the things we have to keep in mind while considering this transaction? What are the questions to ask the seller

Our initial thoughts are that we will have to spend some money on remodeling the interiors and electricals - at the very least - and we have to budget for that in the total price
Old 1st October 2020, 12:02   #2379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The smaller sized flats do sell out easier. The logic simply being that the pool of people willing to buy something at < 50L is far higher than trying to find someone who can shell out >1.2 Cr for a bigger home.

My own example - I was trying to sell a 3 BHK (1407 Sq Ft ) on a main road, a 10 year old building from a very reputed builder, with 2 metro stations within 5 mins walk on either side. A year + reducing 12%, and i still can't find a buyer at all.
On the other hand, i also had a brand new 1.5 BHK (610 Sq Ft ), a couple of KM's inside from the main road, 5-7 mins by Auto from the nearest metro, a Tier 2 branded builder at Blr, and this one got me more than a dozen enquiries and i could sell within 10 days of posting on one real estate web portal.
jkrishnakj is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 12:26   #2380
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In the current post-COVID situation with many employers embracing Work From Home and many considering reduced office spaces going forward, it could lead to reduced demand for rentals, so it would be quite speculative any way you look at it.
Old 3rd October 2020, 09:34   #2381
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
The smaller sized flats do sell out easier.
On the other hand, i also had a brand new 1.5 BHK (610 Sq Ft ), a couple of KM's inside from the main road, 5-7 mins by Auto from the nearest metro, a Tier 2 branded builder at Blr, and this one got me more than a dozen enquiries and i could sell within 10 days of posting on one real estate web portal.
Not only for sale even for rental this is right. My relative who owns opposite triple bedroom flat close to 1700 sft couldn't find a good tenant at reasonable price. People nowadays prefer only double bedroom flats with ~1200 sft area whether for sale or rent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousElf View Post
Need some input from fellow bhpians who have experience with property matters.

We have an offer to buy the rental flat we are living in Indiranagar Bangalore. However, the apartment is 20 years old. We have stayed here for close to 4 years and are aware of the pros/cons of the locality.
From my initial inquiries, the quoted price is just less than the undivided land share which comes to 665 square feet (as per the official papers).
Unless you're very particular about the location or getting the flat at very good bargain, my suggestion to you is to look out for a new property or < 5yrs property. 20 year old flat is too much time considering building worthiness. But if you're buying this to let out then it can be considered. Remember in case you buy it and want to sell it off in 7-10 years it is going to be more difficult for you.

Last edited by ajmat : 3rd October 2020 at 11:59.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 17:44   #2382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Not only for sale even for rental this is right. My relative who owns opposite triple bedroom flat close to 1700 sft couldn't find a good tenant at reasonable price. People nowadays prefer only double bedroom flats with ~1200 sft area whether for sale or rent.

Unless you're very particular about the location or getting the flat at very good bargain, my suggestion to you is to look out for a new property or < 5yrs property. 20 year old flat is too much time considering building worthiness. But if you're buying this to let out then it can be considered. Remember in case you buy it and want to sell it off in 7-10 years it is going to be more difficult for you.
Thanks for your response. We are planning to stay in the locality as it is close to everything we need (from a 5-10 year perspective). And we will not be highly leveraged - with EMI close to our current rent and closed in 5-7 years. We are approaching it as an expense and not an investment - if we go ahead with the transaction.
Old 3rd October 2020, 19:50   #2383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousElf View Post
Thanks for your response. We are planning to stay in the locality as it is close to everything we need (from a 5-10 year perspective). And we will not be highly leveraged - with EMI close to our current rent and closed in 5-7 years. We are approaching it as an expense and not an investment - if we go ahead with the transaction.
If you are clear that it meets all your requirements for the next 10 years, then go ahead. Generally buildings have a long life. Majority of them last for a century easily. So 20 years is just the start.

As the rent is close to the EMI it is not a financial burden as well. At the end of 7 years you have an asset as well.
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 19:52   #2384
Senior - BHPian

There are no tenants in the market for areas in the IT corridors. 30-40% of apartments and 90% of PGs in my area are empty. Landlords are attempting panic deals, still no takers. The young floating population have fully left the city.
The rampant PG' fication of properties have come to a screeching halt.
poloman is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 20:11   #2385
BHPian

Dear members, what is your opinion about Mantri Carica and Shriram Earth projects near Mysore road? I got a quote for ~26L for a 1500Sqft plot from both of them (they are literally located opposite to each other), is this a good deal?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks