Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2023, 14:00   #2776
BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amay1283 View Post
Hello Everyone!
I had a query around purchasing ready to move in homes. Is there any reliable agency in Bangalore which can ascertain things like construction quality of the house, plumbing, proper electrical wiring including earthing, etc
You can try https://www.homeinspektor.com/, had used their services 2 years back while taking possession of my apartment.

They don't perform any structural checks but will check for hollow tiles, electrical circuits, leakages, inconsistent finishes, fine cracks in walls and few more things.

Rates depend on size of apartment, for a 2bhk approx 8-9k two years back.
Gaur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 13:19   #2777
Senior - BHPian

In Kerala, is there no need for the buyer to be present when registering a property?

I am in Bangalore and the property is in Trivandrum. The builder is saying that I just need to give my thumb impression on the sale deed and send it to him and he will do the registration. Apparently, this is how NRIs do it.

Of course, I will be going but wanted to check if that is the norm or if the builder is trying to hide something.

Also, does anyone know about property inspection services in Trivandrum? Google is not coming up with anything relevant.

Last edited by Jaguar : 27th May 2023 at 13:23.
Old 27th May 2023, 14:20   #2778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Also, does anyone know about property inspection services in Trivandrum? Google is not coming up with anything relevant.
Got curious about the availability of such a service in Kochi and found this https://assureinspections.in/
They are in Kochi, but I see testimonials on the website showing the location as TVM. Maybe they do pan Kerala.
rajesh1868 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 15:14   #2779
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In Kerala, is there no need for the buyer to be present when registering a property?.
Interesting. Here in KA, we even have our pics on the back-side of page-1. If the sale is being done through PoA, then the PoA holder's pic gets in there. We even need to give a thumb impression on the reader.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 23:28   #2780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In Kerala, is there no need for the buyer to be present when registering a property?.
It’s true. In KL, it is not required to be physically present during registration.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 20:44   #2781
BHPian

For folks living in Mumbai, have any of you invested/ planning to invest in Vicino Mall , Andheri West ( formerly known as Mega Mall)
The property to me looks very lucrative and is also decently priced at 22000-24000 psqft .

I am looking for a commercial office space for my own business of around 800-1000 sqft, preferably with natural light, which unfortunately the unit available at Vicino doesn’t get. This will be partially bad for my business but as an investment this property will age well.

I have seen another property in Laxmi Nagar, Goregaon west (Shree Sai Corporate Park)
12 year old glass building, very well maintained and unit available for sale has ample natural lighting. However the surrounding area is very shady ( full of slums,etc) but lot of construction is happening so should be okay in 5 years.

The former is good an investment but just about okay for my business where as the latter is okay as an investment but good for my business.
Please advise!
Old 5th June 2023, 15:02   #2782
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco_boost View Post
For folks living in Mumbai, have any of you invested/ planning to invest in Vicino Mall , Andheri West ( formerly known as Mega Mall)
The property to me looks very lucrative and is also decently priced at 22000-24000 psqft .

I am looking for a commercial office space for my own business of around 800-1000 sqft, preferably with natural light, which unfortunately the unit available at Vicino doesn’t get. This will be partially bad for my business but as an investment this property will age well.

I have seen another property in Laxmi Nagar, Goregaon west (Shree Sai Corporate Park)
12 year old glass building, very well maintained and unit available for sale has ample natural lighting. However the surrounding area is very shady ( full of slums,etc) but lot of construction is happening so should be okay in 5 years.

The former is good an investment but just about okay for my business where as the latter is okay as an investment but good for my business.
Please advise!
Any reason you feel the Mega Mall location will be good as an investment? From what I've seen real estate prices have been more or less stagnant unless there is any infrastructure changes coming up that would see it get a boost. I have a few commercial units in Malad on S.V. Road that I am keen to sell and prices have been stagnant last few years.

For this reason alone, I would rather invest in a property that is better for my business - because the business is paying for the office so rather have that do well and generate a better return than the property in question would.

Also, if there is construction happening in the Goregaon Option - with slums being removed / rehabilitated : the nicer ambience could have a higher impact on prices going forward and could be a better investment keeping in mind an appreciation once the neighborhood is developed and becomes more popular.
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 14:05   #2783
Distinguished - BHPian

An NRI friend is looking to buy a flat in Hyd. Could Hyd members please pitch in with some suggestions?

Requirements:

Ready-to-move 3BHK within 1-2cr budget.

Needs to be in a VERY LARGE gated campus that is very well maintained with a family friendly community feel. He found L&T Serene county to be less "appealing/impressive". Has not visited PBEL City, but online reviews are not encouraging. Aparna Sarovar Grande was dropped because his relatives didn't approve of the area. He liked a project called Rajapushpa Atria but found it to be beyond his budget (also nothing seems to be up for sale).

No requirements of proximity to offices or schools. Hope to find fairly priced large campus projects instead of paying premium due to proximity to offices/schools.

After a cursory exploration of Hyd RE prices online, I got the impression that the city has become more expensive than Bangalore. Some really sad looking villa projects are being listed for 7-10cr and high end ones are being listed at 25-30 cr!

Thanks.
Old 10th June 2023, 14:46   #2784
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Has not visited PBEL City
This happens to be moderated by one of our moderators!!!! (its not me!)
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 15:24   #2785
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
An NRI friend is looking to buy a flat in Hyd. Could Hyd members please pitch in with some suggestions?

Requirements:

With the current prices, ready to move 3bhk flats will cost closer to 2 cr or more. NCC Urban, My Home Avatar, Rajapushpa projects in Narsingi could be options. Or he can look at Tellapur area where several projects have come up now.

Prestige Highfields is a large project and feels very good inside but maybe beyond his budget.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 20:33   #2786
Senior - BHPian

Is there a website from where I can download Noida authority sector maps ? I tried on google, found a few websites, but there the plot numbers are not visible due to low resolution of the map files.

Need one of Noida Sector 51 area locality map.

Sample image attached here, can't read plot numbers from this one. Since this is a public document, should be available online. Google results are not showing any official website for this. Other websites have low resolution files Or files with such a resolution where its impossible to read the numbers.
Attached Thumbnails
The Property / Real Estate Thread-52.jpg  

Old 19th June 2023, 20:07   #2787
BHPian

Does anyone have a view on M3M India? Given the current situation with their promoters, is it prudent to invest in their just launched projects on Golf Course Extension or Dwarka Expressway?
Old 17th July 2023, 16:31   #2788
BHPian

Quote:

Requirements:

After a cursory exploration of Hyd RE prices online, I got the impression that the city has become more expensive than Bangalore. Some really sad looking villa projects are being listed for 7-10cr and high end ones are being listed at 25-30 cr!

Thanks.
Caveat emptor: Massive bubble/hype being built up in Hyderabad with owners/builders salivating at the prospect of windfall profits at the cost of hapless buyers.

Just yesterday in my society the owners were discussing methods of fixing price minimum to Rs. 11000 per sqft with a proposal to name and shame anybody who puts a lesser rate on any online portal. And to always to put the word "premium" when posting adds online. I know actual sales are happening around Rs. 7800 per sqft quietly within the society.

NRIs are the favorite "bakras" to fleece. I would recommend your fried to first rent a place. Then spend some time understanding/researching before buying.

Last edited by JediKnight : 17th July 2023 at 16:43. Reason: Fixed a spelling mistake.
JediKnight is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 20:47   #2789
BHPian

Bangalore folks - Looking for my first property investment. Would liked to have bought something which I could live in - but seems like you can't buy anything in 1.x Cr in the Indiranagar area. So now open to buying something for just investment purposes.

Looking for newer construction - open to floors or apartments. How should a noob go about this? All property forums/sub reddit seem to be dead.

Any reviews on the Godrej Athena project?
Old 30th July 2023, 20:59   #2790
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Bangalore folks - Looking for my first property investment. Would liked to have bought something which I could live in - but seems like you can't buy anything in 1.x Cr in the Indiranagar area. So now open to buying something for just investment purposes.

Looking for newer construction - open to floors or apartments. How should a noob go about this? All property forums/sub reddit seem to be dead.

Any reviews on the Godrej Athena project?
The access roads to Athena is a nightmare. Also a mosque or two in the neighbourhood along with a temple and church. Expect noise all through the day and year.

Property will appreciate though.

Athena is over 2.5cr last I checked. Indiranagar is all 3+.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks