Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2010, 12:39   #271
BHPian

I am hearing this for the first time. I have always this seen this as per flat basis only.
Old 20th May 2010, 13:05   #272
Senior - BHPian

Maintenance in gurgaon apartments (builder managed) has always been on sqft basis.

But it has little logic. A guy in a 2bhk can have 2 cars and 2 bikes, while in a 4BHK the guy would have one car.

Or the guy in the 4bhk has one kid and the 2bhk guy has three kids who use the park etc facilities more.

See you can keep stuff like security on a per flat basis only. Rest is all a matter of consensus.

I don't see how someone whose already paid a king's ransom for a terrace should be forced to pay more society maintenance. It is simply ludicrous.

Last edited by phamilyman : 20th May 2010 at 13:09.
Old 20th May 2010, 22:02   #273
BHPian

Any Team-BHPians have good 2BHK/3BHK flats/houses for rent around Doddanakundi area? preferably between marathalli bridge and KR Puram. Please PM me.

EDIT - The 10 months rent as deposit is still the norm around that area/bangalore in general?

Last edited by Ho0ligaN : 20th May 2010 at 22:05. Reason: adding more info
Old 21st May 2010, 00:16   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0ligaN View Post
EDIT - The 10 months rent as deposit is still the norm around that area/bangalore in general?
It is the norm in bangalore in general. My friend's cousin is trying to rent out his flat (not in the area you are looking ) and is not expecting 10 months deposit. But it seems, the broker himself is quoting 10 months to prospective tenants and asking the owner to keep quite
Old 21st May 2010, 03:55   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Is a marriage certificate a mandatory requirement for 2 unrelated people to avail a joint home loan?
When my wife and I went in for a joint home loan from ICICI in 2003, nobody asked for a marriage certificate. Which was just as well, because we didn't have one. We still haven't managed to get ourselves certified -- though the final instalment on the loan will be paid up by the end of this year.
Old 21st May 2010, 08:45   #276
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Rulez! View Post
When my wife and I went in for a joint home loan from ICICI in 2003, nobody asked for a marriage certificate. Which was just as well, because we didn't have one. We still haven't managed to get ourselves certified -- though the final instalment on the loan will be paid up by the end of this year.
I also realized i wasnt required to produce the marriage certificate when applying for a joint loan. Thanks for the information. I was able to recollect earlier, hence the question.
Old 27th May 2010, 17:57   #277
BHPian

2/3 bhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0ligaN View Post
Any Team-BHPians have good 2BHK/3BHK flats/houses for rent around Doddanakundi area? preferably between marathalli bridge and KR Puram. Please PM me.

Hi,

If you are willing to look at Brookefields, PM me and we can discuss.

PS : yes, 10 months rent is standard for the deposit in Bangalore.

cheers.
Old 27th May 2010, 18:03   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
We are in the process of finalizing the rules and regulations of the Society and are stuck in the determination of maintenance charges. There are two opinions to this debate - one is to charge the maintenance on per flat basis and the other is to charge on per sq ft basis. One group is of the opinion that charging maintenance as per sq ft is illegal and should be done on per flat basis. There are counter arguments to this. Also there is a debate as to whether the open terrace area has to be taken as half for calculating the maintenance charges for the flat or it has to be taken 100% clubbed to the carpet area of the flat.
Experts need you opinion on the same, would really appreciate if some substantial legal/non legal proof can also be provided.
Hi,
Generally, in Bangalore the practice is to charge by sft. That way smaller flats get the advantage of not shelling out same maintenance as the larger flat.
For terrace it should be charged as 1/3rd or half of built up area. that is how I am paying (1/3rd).
There is no legal substantiation, its just common practice in Bangalore
Cheers
Old 27th May 2010, 23:47   #279
BHPian

Hey Bhpians, my family is looking at getting a place in Chennai. We've never lived there, nor do we really intend to, but chances are high that my brother will be marrying a girl from a very prominent family in the South Indian film industry.

Hence there is a need for us to have a nice house somewhere in the posh locales of Chennai. I'm looking for an apartment somewhere around 3500 - 5000 sq ft in size or a landed property of equal or more space (5000+ Sq ft).

What I wanted to know was names of some areas that we should consider and relative safety in these areas. Obviously the house would be locked for most of the year, but will be fully furnished for use in those odd months in the year.

We'd be willing to spend a maximum of 5-6cr. A new property with modern amenities would be our first choice.

Suggestions please...(And thanks for taking time out to reply)

EDIT: Oh and it's been known over the years that Chennai has acute water shortage issues, what's the situation like these days WRT water and electricity?
Old 6th June 2010, 23:18   #280
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to have a co-owner of the house, not a co-applicant in the loan?
I am planning to purchase an apartment and my mother (retired) is putting a major part of the down payment. I want her to be a co-owner of the house, but would like to take the loan on only my name. Is this possible?
Old 16th June 2010, 11:11   #281
BHPian

Is there any place where I can see ads put up directly by the owners of houses/flats for rent in Bangalore? I hate involving brokers :( There are some websites, but the ads are put up by brokers!
Old 16th June 2010, 12:48   #282
Senior - BHPian

I am house hunting for the past few months and there are hardly any ads put up by the owners. Even the listings which say "brokers excuse" are put up by brokers

If you have friends in companies like Infy/Wipro who have big internal internal bulletin boards, try searching there.
Old 16th June 2010, 14:47   #283
BHPian

^^^ Try for some websites related to real estates like:
www.magibricks.com
Properties & Real Estate in India - India Property Portal
etc.
Old 16th June 2010, 16:32   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
^^^ Try for some websites related to real estates like:
www.magibricks.com
Properties & Real Estate in India - India Property Portal
etc.
@WDM007 as I had stated in my post above, these sites are infested with brokers and you hardly find an owner posted ad.
Old 16th June 2010, 16:54   #285
Senior - BHPian

Most of the individual listings posted in these websites are by brokers. I tried to find a house in BTM through this individual postings, but did not work. Took the help of a broker and found the house in flat 2 hours from 3-4 houses he had shown.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks