Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2011, 12:24   #916
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshavardhan View Post
VAT and Stamp Duty are covered under different Acts in the respective States. Hence, they are collected seperately.

-Harshavardhan
Yes, that i'm aware, my question, a bit pained/rhetorical in nature was about the seeming double taxation at hand. Can you clarify that?

Thanks.
Old 29th December 2011, 21:05   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Yes, that i'm aware, my question, a bit pained/rhetorical in nature was about the seeming double taxation at hand. Can you clarify that?

Thanks.
In simple language, VAT or Sales Tax is levied by the State on the Goods (Transfer of Goods i.e., Materials to Apartment / Building, in this case) while the Stamp Duty is a tax levied on the documents, generally on the value of the transaction - Cost of Building, Land Cost (UDS) etc

-Harshavardhan
Old 4th January 2012, 23:16   #918
BHPian

I came across Esteem Enclave when i was hunting for an Apartment.

The things that i noticed:-

1) B Block is ready for occupation and it seems to be better than A block because it is a bit away from the Bannerghata Main road, so naturally free from dust and sound.

2) Location is good.It is just behind Honeywell-2 Arekere.

3) Rates look a bit more than actual. It depends on the bargaining power.

4) There seems to a land which belongs to the builder itself which was used as a garments godown and currently no activities are going on over there. My Mom said it seems to be scary. It makes me remember some old movie's climax scene.

5) Over all the construction quality seems to be good and nothing great to appreciate nor things to degrade.

6)Living/ Dining and bathrooms are good in almost all the flats.

7)Bedrooms are extremely very small and literally useless.

8) Staff were courteous, patient and helpful.

9)Almost 75% of the flats seems to be vacant and available. I do not understand why flats remained unsold with the builder for this long time.

10)Those apartments with swimming pool view are good looking and those facing the godown are odd.

I request other bhpians who have seen the place to share in their opinions.
Old 18th January 2012, 11:42   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Guys, I have a strong hunch. 2012 is going to be a good year for buyers. Start saving for that dream home now. Things are not looking too good in the realty business. And the dip is somewhere around 2012.

i.e Unless the Mayan Calender gets us by then.
Spitfire,
Any update to your earlier forecast.
How are things shaping up in Bangalore market, especially Bangalore East and South.
Appreciate your response on this.
Old 19th January 2012, 11:44   #920
BHPian

Bangalore guys,

What would be the going rate for a 150 sqm plot of Residential Land in and around Nandi Road, near the International Airport, heard that some new IT SEZ is coming in that area. Is it a good investment? thinking about 3-4 years down the line..
Old 26th January 2012, 20:46   #921
BHPian

Does anyone have any reviews about Mantri Tranquil off Kanakapura road? Other than the high tension wire going over the site are there any other negative points with regards to this apartment complex?

Last edited by ashwinurao : 26th January 2012 at 20:51.
Old 26th January 2012, 20:56   #922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinurao View Post
Does anyone have any reviews about Mantri Tranquil off Kanakapura road? Other than the high tension wire going over the site are there any other negative points with regards to this apartment complex?
Please do not buy any property / stay in a property/flat close to high tension lines as it is a proven health hazard in the long run.
Read on details Living By Power Lines
Old 26th January 2012, 21:35   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Please do not buy any property / stay in a property/flat close to high tension lines as it is a proven health hazard in the long run.
Read on details Living By Power Lines
But I am sure they are planning to relocate that? How can the residents be ok with having this wire passing through?
Old 26th January 2012, 21:43   #924
Senior - BHPian

Any good projects (2-3 BHK apartments) in Gurgaon/Dwarka/Noida?
Old 27th January 2012, 11:29   #925
BHPian

Hi friends please say whether any good gated community plots are available in Bangalore at reasonable prices. The preferred locations are Bannerghata rd, JP Nagar, Anjanapura etc or any other locations are also fine.
Old 27th January 2012, 22:42   #926
Senior - BHPian

Any idea on good projects in Mira Road, Mumbai?
Old 28th January 2012, 01:09   #927
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Any idea on good projects in Mira Road, Mumbai?
What are your requirements?
Any other location, or only Mira Road?
Old 28th January 2012, 08:41   #928
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The place seems fine, but do remember Mantri's standard practice of having to pay them brokerage when a flat is sold. Not many shops in the area yet for regular supplies. Hope you have a car / bike for commuting. Also, commuting is currently a problem due to the Metro construction on Kanakapura Road.

Future:
Mantri is also developing Iskon's lands there. A huge mall & residential complex is coming up. This is apart from the Iskon theme park. Mantri / Iskon have been asking BMRCL to extend the Metro upto their area. If that happens, then you are going to see more months of construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
3) Rates look a bit more than actual. It depends on the bargaining power.

5) Over all the construction quality seems to be good and nothing great to appreciate nor things to degrade.

7)Bedrooms are extremely very small and literally useless.

8) Staff were courteous, patient and helpful.
Rates are on higher side - as with most builders these days.

Construction quality is again not above average. Noticed the ducting area inside the flat - not properly painted. It will rust soon. So take care of such things if you buy a flat there.

I was not happy with the layouts of the flats & the pricing, hence let it go.

Staff are courteous ? remember it's a new flat, with not all flats sold yet.

In block-A, notice the common area as soon as you enter. The section rises upto the roof, with the lobby on one side & a glass front on the entrance/east side. This wall (east side, straight above the entrance of the block) - already has a lot of dust & cob-webs. Wonder how they will clean this section on a routine basis.

EE has location as an advantage. Would not worry about the Godown. Apart from Honeywell, there is the Magnolia school & British Biologoicals unit next to it.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 28th January 2012 at 09:27. Reason: merging as requested.
Old 2nd February 2012, 11:06   #929
BHPian

Ok, thanks condor and tj123 for your comments. I have dropped plans for Mantri Tranquil.

I am now considering an apartment in the old block(Orchid) of HM world city. I heard they have delayed building the amenities promised but other than that it seems to be a good apartment.

Can someone help me out with what documents do I need to collect from the current owner? Also, anything specific that I should look out for since this is a resale?
Old 2nd February 2012, 11:20   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, thanks condor and tj123 for your comments. I have dropped plans for Mantri Tranquil.

I am now considering an apartment in the old block(Orchid) of HM world city. I heard they have delayed building the amenities promised but other than that it seems to be a good apartment.

Can someone help me out with what documents do I need to collect from the current owner? Also, anything specific that I should look out for since this is a resale?

I also saw a flat at Orchid block from the builders side on eleventh floor. The exterior area was very badly maintained and more over there were no good facilities infact the facilities are available only for name sake. Also please check for the Vaasthu compliance if you believe in that.No flat was as per vaasthu so i dropped out the plan.Sepia and Nimbus block!! no way i don't want to wait for looong time.

Last edited by rki2007 : 2nd February 2012 at 11:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks