Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2013, 23:09   #1156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
Hi, my girlfriend and I are looking for a home. My office is in Rajajinagar - Brigade Gateway (near the Metro Cash and Carry), and she works near Sarjapur/Outer Ring Road.

Can someone suggest a residential area which is not too far from either place. (I am willing to drive up to 12 Km).

I have shortlisted the following places:
(1) Ulsoor
(2) MG Road Area. (I don't know what the residential places nearby are called)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

P.S. We are put up in Koramangala at the moment, and I am having to drive 40 Kms a day which is killing me :(
You can check areas like rajajinagar, basaveshwarnagar, malleshwaram, vijaynagar, peenya etc. These are quite close to brigade gateway. IMHO it doesn't make sense to drive all the way from mg road to this place and also mg road and surrounding areas are way costlier than the above mentioned areas.
Old 28th January 2013, 23:24   #1157
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
You can check areas like rajajinagar, basaveshwarnagar, malleshwaram, vijaynagar, peenya etc. These are quite close to brigade gateway. IMHO it doesn't make sense to drive all the way from mg road to this place and also mg road and surrounding areas are way costlier than the above mentioned areas.
He also has a constraint that his friend drives to Sarjapur road for work. So he needs to optimise both the commutes with a common residential point.

Last edited by ampere : 28th January 2013 at 23:27.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 07:07   #1158
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Home Hunting

Quote:
(1) Ulsoor

Any other suggestions?(
Some of the residential areas close to MG Road (Ulsoor/Shivajinagar area in general) are: Ulsoor Road, Aga Abbas Ali Road, Gangadhara Chetty Road, Kensington Road (all these are close to MG Road, Cubbon Road, Old Madras Road and on the periphery of Ulsoor lake). Other options are St. John's Road, Wheeler Road (all these places have several good apartments but rentals may be on higher side).
Some more options, going little further away from MG Road in one direction would be Cox town, Fraser Town, Richards town, Cooks town, Davis Road.
Victoria Layout near Lifestyle, Cambridge Layout, Indiranagar, HAL Airport Road in the other direction going further away from MG Road.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by NPV : 29th January 2013 at 07:08.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 13:00   #1159
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Thanks everyone
@NPV: I am looking at the St. John's Road, Ulsoor area - thanks for the suggestion
Ulsoor to Brigade Gateway is actually 35-40 minutes during peak traffic.

Last edited by e1t1bet : 29th January 2013 at 13:02.
Old 31st January 2013, 15:30   #1160
BHPian

Re: Home Hunting

Quote:

Any other suggestions?
Hebbal is the best bet for you. I stay at Embassy Heritage which is right next to Brigade Gateway and my wife used to work at Prestige Jupiter (behind JP Morgan).
She tried using a car, 2 wheeler and a volvo. Finally, she settled for a Volvo. But, there was no direct bus. I used to drop her to Hebbal flyover and it use take her 40 min to reach JP Morgan from there in peak traffic.

By car, yeshwantpur to Hebbal flyover is approx 15 to 20 mins max.

Cheers
Old 31st January 2013, 15:35   #1161
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Guys, any thoughts on Adarsh Serenity in Kannamangala, Bangalore? Hearing mixed things about Adarsh. Also, concerned about overhead electricity lines that pass through a part of the property.

Last edited by anekho : 31st January 2013 at 15:41.
Old 31st January 2013, 15:37   #1162
Senior - BHPian

Been looking high and low for a budget house in Cochin. A house preferably.

Please message me some numbers of brokers who deal near palarivattom area. going there tomorrow.
Old 4th February 2013, 00:30   #1163
BHPian

Chandigarh Real Estate Thread

Hi,

I am starting this thread for Chandigarh real estate discussion as it is difficult to find any relevant info about Chandigarh real estate from general property thread.

I am currently looking to buy an apartment in Chandigarh for around max 0.95-1 cr max and need the advice. If there is any availability in any society in this budget or any other good option, please let me know. Mainly interested in a 3BHK but a good 2 BHK will also do. Let me know if you have any pointers.

Thanks.
Old 5th February 2013, 07:16   #1164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet
Hi, my girlfriend and I are looking for a home. My office is in Rajajinagar - Brigade Gateway (near the Metro Cash and Carry), and she works near Sarjapur/Outer Ring Road.

Can someone suggest a residential area which is not too far from either place. (I am willing to drive up to 12 Km).

(1) Ulsoor

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

P.S. We are put up in Koramangala at the moment, and I am having to drive 40 Kms a day which is killing me :(
Hi, you can look at areas close to outer ring road. I would think that a happy median for both of you would be hennur banaswadi area, mid way for you both. For her the big problem area would be KR Puram and for you it would be yeshwantpur railway line. Other than that with all the flyovers and underpasses, the roads are not so bad now. Volvos to sarjapur road will also be easily available and the location is close enough to the city for the occasional visit to mg road.
Old 6th February 2013, 15:56   #1165
BHPian

Hi,

I am on the look out to buy a 2 or 3 BHK ready to move in flat in East Bangalore, with a budget of around 35L. I am open to second hand flats too. If anyone knows of a flat on sale in Marathahalli, Whitefields, HSR Layout areas, do let me know.

Regards,
Shobhit

Last edited by mashmash : 6th February 2013 at 15:57.
Old 10th February 2013, 15:30   #1166
BHPian

Hi,
Had a query about my property which I need to sell of in Mumbai. This flat is mortgaged and I have a loan running.

I just recently found out that the one of the original agreements in the chain of agreements is missing (true copy obtained from registrars office exists and is in possession of bank). For the same missing agreement, I have the original registration & stamp duty paid receipt as well as the Index II reflecting change of ownership.
Can I sell the flat without any hindrance and satisfy buyer completely about there being no encumbrances?

Also the original agreement between builder and 1st buyer was done in 1989 and doesn't have a stamp duty paid receipt, although stamps are affixed on agreement. Is stamp duty payable on this and what would be the likely charges with penalties?
Old 11th February 2013, 17:26   #1167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebeezee View Post
Hi,
Had a query about my property which I need to sell of in Mumbai. This flat is mortgaged and I have a loan running.

I just recently found out that the one of the original agreements in the chain of agreements is missing (true copy obtained from registrars office exists and is in possession of bank). For the same missing agreement, I have the original registration & stamp duty paid receipt as well as the Index II reflecting change of ownership.
Can I sell the flat without any hindrance and satisfy buyer completely about there being no encumbrances?
Your loan is ongoing, then how come bank has true copy of agreement? Banks always hold original copies in their possession, and you are given the attested copies. Please confirm with bank whether they have original, which I think they must have.

If it is not direct agreement with you and your seller, but rather his old copy of agreement, yet it may be in possession of the bank. Else you can get a duplicate attested copy from the registrar's office by giving the registration number to them, and paying required fees and greasing.
Old 13th February 2013, 11:50   #1168
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

I bought myself an apartment in Cochin at South Panampilly nagar.

Now the owner of the said flat is one of the directors of the builders itself. He had bought it in his wife's name as an investment.
The lady has passed away last year,
so my advocate has asked for the following,
1. will, if any
2. legal heir certificate
3. affidavit of the children.

is this all,, any other documents required?

edit- this is the first time, i am buying a flat, what should i watch out for when buying one.

Last edited by beejay : 13th February 2013 at 11:51.
Old 13th February 2013, 17:29   #1169
BHPian

Hi,
Has anyone got more info about Sanjana Soverign apartment in Jayanagar 2nd block ?
Old 18th February 2013, 15:22   #1170
BHPian

Real estate in Kompally

Dear Hyderabad Team-BHPians,

I am looking to buy a flat in Kompally area of Hyderabad. I have heard that the going rate is around 2700 per sq ft. Before I actually proceed full steam on this, can someone guide me on the actual rates? I am looking for a 3-BHK flat in Kompally close to the Go-Kart track.

Thanks,

Travelwriter

Most Viewed