Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2010, 21:48   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsingh08 View Post
Mumbai folks - 2 questions for you

Noise levels - do higher floors escape street-automobile noise? I live on ground floor- any auto going past at 1AM will wake me. My friend lives on 16th floor in Worli - he too get's car noise from street.

Mosquitoes - is any area mosquito free? I used to live on 6th floor at haji ali - we had mosquitoes

Amit
you can't escape the noise level at any level during night time and for musquitoes the surroundings has to be clean.but the higher you go less the quantity of musquitoes
Old 11th January 2010, 22:26   #182
Senior - BHPian

Anyone booked apartment in Raj Nagar Extn, Ghaziabad ?
Old 12th January 2010, 15:23   #183
Senior - BHPian

Another question regarding home loans. Suppose a flat is under construction, and someone wants to apply for Home loan. Does the home loan sanction happen *after* paying the builder the booking amount?
Old 12th January 2010, 15:26   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Another question regarding home loans. Suppose a flat is under construction, and someone wants to apply for Home loan. Does the home loan sanction happen *after* paying the builder the booking amount?
first you need to book the flat maybe by paying 50k then you do an agreement on a stamp paper by 10% of flat amount. You take this agreement copy and present it to the bank along with the necessary documents(mentioned in the loan form) and the loan form for loan sanction/disbursement
Old 12th January 2010, 16:01   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
first you need to book the flat maybe by paying 50k then you do an agreement on a stamp paper by 10% of flat amount. You take this agreement copy and present it to the bank along with the necessary documents(mentioned in the loan form) and the loan form for loan sanction/disbursement
What if home is not sancioned. Does the builder return the booking amount?
Old 12th January 2010, 16:11   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What if home is not sancioned. Does the builder return the booking amount?
@DCEite,the builder will return the agreement amount/booing amount.But 99% of the builders will not give the intrest for the amount you have paid(10% of flat amount).The same will be written in the agreement also.You will be lucky if you get back the amount.Make sure about this
Old 13th January 2010, 12:02   #187
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My friend lives on 16th floor in Worli - he too get's car noise from street.
Engineers may be able to better comment on this, but I have even heard street dogs barking from my sister's 21st floor apartment. The sound from car's honking is a permanent fixture at a friends 10 storey apartment. Someone told me it's due to noise echoing from other buildings, while yet another explained that sound travels up.
Old 13th January 2010, 12:19   #188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sound travels in mechanical waves. A mechanical wave is a disturbance that moves and transports energy from one place to another through a medium. In sound, the disturbance is a vibrating object. And the medium can be any series of interconnected and interactive particles. This means that sound can travel through gases, liquids and solids.
HowStuffWorks "How Sound Travels"

Now the higher you go the lesser the obstructions that can absorb that disturbance.

Sort of like this quick image I created
The Property / Real Estate Thread-untitled.jpg

btw, I live on the seventh floor of a building. Its adjacent to a flyover and a busy intersection.

I love the view but the noise especially during wedding season is a killer.

Last edited by bblost : 13th January 2010 at 12:20.
Old 13th January 2010, 17:13   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mumbai folks - 2 questions for you

Noise levels - do higher floors escape street-automobile noise? I live on ground floor- any auto going past at 1AM will wake me. My friend lives on 16th floor in Worli - he too get's car noise from street.

Mosquitoes - is any area mosquito free? I used to live on 6th floor at haji ali - we had mosquitoes

Amit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
HowStuffWorks "How Sound Travels"

Now the higher you go the lesser the obstructions that can absorb that disturbance.

btw, I live on the seventh floor of a building. Its adjacent to a flyover and a busy intersection.

I love the view but the noise especially during wedding season is a killer.
I moved from the 4th floor to the 2nd floor and now live on the ground floor. From what I have experienced, the ground floor is the quietest. I had gone to a relatives flat on the 9th floor last month and the noise was so much that I couldnt sleep.
I have noticed that good windows like Fenesta do cut down noise by a good deal. I have them in my flat and the difference in sound insulation is really huge.
Old 19th January 2010, 16:31   #190
Team-BHP Support

HM Symphony

Anyone who has bought an apartment in HM Symphony on Jail road (off Sarjapur road), please get back to me immediately. Its kinda urgent.
Old 20th January 2010, 14:54   #191
Senior - BHPian

Can a co-borrower who is not salaried (retired and getting pension) reduce the tenure and loan eligibility of the main applicant even when the main applicant's salary alone meets the loan eligibility?

This is what the builder is telling me, that there is no problem if i take the loan singley, since the eligibility criteria are met (salary, from 16 etc.), However he says that if i make my father the co-applicant my loan tenure would decrease to 10 yrs since my father is 60 right now and HFCs consider only 10 yrs of pension life. Isn't this ridiculous, since it would be me who is paying the EMI and my salary *alone* meets the loan criteria comfortably ! Infact i would think that adding a co-applicant who is getting atleast something (pension) should actually make my case stronger ?
Old 20th January 2010, 15:04   #192
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can a co-borrower who is not salaried (retired and getting pension) reduce the tenure and loan eligibility of the main applicant even when the main applicant's salary alone meets the loan eligibility?

This is what the builder is telling me, that there is no problem if i take the loan singley, since the eligibility criteria are met (salary, from 16 etc.), However he says that if i make my father the co-applicant my loan tenure would decrease to 10 yrs since my father is 60 right now and HFCs consider only 10 yrs of pension life. Isn't this ridiculous, since it would be me who is paying the EMI and my salary *alone* meets the loan criteria comfortably ! Infact i would think that adding a co-applicant who is getting atleast something (pension) should actually make my case stronger ?
This is a ridiculous claim by the builder.
There is no such thing. In fact I just got my loan processed with my wife as co-applicant, she being a homemaker and like you I'm the sole applicant with salary and all the reqs. I had approached IDBI.
Old 20th January 2010, 15:32   #193
Senior - BHPian

@DCEite, your builder is doing a big joke and you can directly laugh at him. When your salary itself is enough then HFC's/banks don't consider co-applicant. If a co-applicant is there then you will get more loan amount(if required).The tenure will never come down.Moreover 95% of times the banks don't entertain pensioner.It will be on paper but while applying they will reject it.Even if you go by rules then they will find some mistakes to reject it. This is my experience.Many banks take surety/guarantor.So you can make your dad as guarantor.

+100 to what JVH has said
Old 20th January 2010, 15:48   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Builder is right to some extent.

Adding your father as co-applicant would make this loan complex. Reason is beyond retirement, EMI would be a very high percentage of income. This is about EMI that would be paid by him.

This would trigger bank's systems.

You can explain things and sort this out with branch manager.

He/She can solve this in multiple ways:

1. Give option to your father to pay up outstanding at retirement using proceeds from PF / other investments (baloon payment)
2. Step down EMI at age of retirement
Old 20th January 2010, 15:57   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Do they offer 24 hour water - Mumbai has a damn acute water problem
Yep. Both of them. They also have recycling of water and sewage treatment plants, as required by law.

Most Viewed