Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2011, 12:50   #571
BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
1. Investment for Horizon of 5 years
2. Safety of the investment in a proposed layout which is seeking approval from (??) authorities.

3. May be constructing and living there after 10+ years.
I had the same thoughts in 2008 & eventually invested in a bmrda layout (concept city spring garden at 800 per sqft), to be frank nothing has changed on this stretch. During my last visit to the layout, I received a "Welcome to TN" message from Airtel

10 years down the line, the prospects would be bright.
Old 6th July 2011, 13:40   #572
BANNED

Considering Sarjapur-Attibele.

Quote:
1. Investment for Horizon of 5 years
My take: Long term returns wont be great.

Quote:
2. Safety of the investment in a proposed layout which is seeking approval from (??) authorities.
Confidant is good. They have been holding that land for some time now.

Quote:
3. May be constructing and living there after 10+ years.
Well if I was you had money to spare and was not the only investment ever (house wise). I would go for it.

Why not Hosur?
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 13:46   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Considering Sarjapur-Attibele.
My take: Long term returns wont be great.
Confidant is good. They have been holding that land for some time now.

Well if I was you had money to spare and was not the only investment ever (house wise). I would go for it.
OK that sounds positive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Why not Hosur?
Sort of mental thing , the rates on 3-4 Km this side of border are better today and they will be better tommorow as well I guess.
Old 6th July 2011, 14:16   #574
BANNED

Quote:
Sort of mental thing , the rates on 3-4 Km this side of border are better today and they will be better tommorow as well I guess.
There are some pros and cons.

Hosur has some good schools, hospitals and other facilities.

It used to be unsafe, quite dangerous actually but things are much better now.

Also the corruption there is more containable and construction activities are cheaper and more easy to control. Raw materials are not an headache as it is here.

You should explore a bit more before clamping down.

Why the preference for this area?
Old 9th July 2011, 10:08   #575
Distinguished - BHPian

@Spitfire, that comment about water killing this city will eventually apply to a lot of places.

Btw, what is your take on South Bangalore ?
Old 10th July 2011, 20:49   #576
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Today none is offering fixed rates, except LIC, does that indicate ALL expect interest rates to rise? IMHO looks like that for the next 2 years at least it will be about 11 or around that much on an average. In that case is it wise to take fixed or floating- fixed for 5 years @ 11%? This considering that the loan amount will be not high(avg 15-20 lacs for 3-4 years)
Old 10th July 2011, 21:43   #577
BHPian

Any clue about the land prices in carmelaram area? Seems there are quite a number of plots available.
Old 10th July 2011, 21:55   #578
Senior - BHPian

For less than 30 lakh Rs and less than 5 years, it makes more sense to choose floating rates.

Reason is, interest burden would not be that high if loan is less than 5 years, and that would not justify premium to be paid for Fixed interest rates.
Old 10th July 2011, 22:19   #579
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
For less than 30 lakh Rs and less than 5 years, it makes more sense to choose floating rates.

Reason is, interest burden would not be that high if loan is less than 5 years, and that would not justify premium to be paid for Fixed interest rates.
I think what i need to mention is that starting loan is about 40 lacs and then expected to reduce to 25 in 3 years. Considering this, it makes sense to choose fixed? I am seeing the math, and its not making a huge impact if one chooses fixed and rates fall OR floating and rates rise, matters a LOT if there no part pre-payments. Hope not missing anything here!
Old 11th July 2011, 00:38   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Any clue about the land prices in carmelaram area? Seems there are quite a number of plots available.
Are you talking about the area off Sarjapur road? A friend was telling me on friday that you get land in the range of Rs.1800 per sq ft.
Old 11th July 2011, 05:52   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Are you talking about the area off Sarjapur road? A friend was telling me on friday that you get land in the range of Rs.1800 per sq ft.
Yep ...thats the area i was talking about. Found that place to be a nice place to settle down, lots of greenery and also didn't see many concrete jungles around there. What i was asked is about 2000 per sq ft.
Old 11th July 2011, 10:14   #582
LNK
BHPian

What's the general impression about the Vakil housings in Hosur? Is it a good long term investment, with a TIDEL park coming up there? Will it see a similar boom like what Whitefield saw?

Pretty impressed by the houses there, which are pretty much ready to move in, but a little apprehensive about other factors like security and feasibility of investment.
Old 11th July 2011, 11:44   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Yep ...thats the area i was talking about. Found that place to be a nice place to settle down, lots of greenery and also didn't see many concrete jungles around there. What i was asked is about 2000 per sq ft.
My bro, relatives & their friends recently purchased a piece of land behind wipro university, it was a group deal. But the property at this location don't have BMRDA approval and they come under panchayat land. If going for a purchase, it would be safer to immediately build your house and settle down. The location is nice & calm, but sooner or later it will be become chaotic like kaikondahalli and doddakanell

I wouldn't take a risk if the land does not have the basic approvals. Sunny brooks layout (Sunny brooks) had few problem with plots under it due to green belt thing but there are high profile people staying hence won't have much trouble. Let me check out Country side layout for vacant plots, if you bargain hard you might get at 2k psqft

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 11th July 2011 at 11:47.
Old 11th July 2011, 11:53   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
I think what i need to mention is that starting loan is about 40 lacs and then expected to reduce to 25 in 3 years. Considering this, it makes sense to choose fixed? I am seeing the math, and its not making a huge impact if one chooses fixed and rates fall OR floating and rates rise, matters a LOT if there no part pre-payments. Hope not missing anything here!
Well, you don't have many choices isn't it. LIC is the only guy giving you fixed.
Go for SBI's Maxgain scheme. You can google it for it's benefits, can offset higher interest rates.
Old 11th July 2011, 20:04   #585
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Spitfire, that comment about water killing this city will eventually apply to a lot of places.
Did you mean other then Bangalore? Or places in Bangalore.

Yes we have a big big problem here. A huge one actually.

Quote:
Btw, what is your take on South Bangalore ?
Any specific area?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks