Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2011, 14:26   #661
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
As an aside. I used to have a infrared hand-held device to check the accuracy of the area quoted. 8 out of 10 times it used to not add up.
Exact comment my cousin made yesterday. When checking an apt, he felt it smaller than the model apt. He asked for the tape. And his hunch was right ..
Old 4th August 2011, 14:34   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Exact comment my cousin made yesterday. When checking an apt, he felt it smaller than the model apt. He asked for the tape. And his hunch was right ..
Builders consider center of the walls while measuring size of the room and not the length between exterior surfaces of opposite walls. Which means 3 inches are lost from each wall resulting in direct 1/2 foot reduction in measurement. One needs to factor in this trick while evaluating space requirements.

Last edited by deepaktpatil : 4th August 2011 at 14:36.
Old 4th August 2011, 14:54   #663
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Builders consider center of the walls while measuring size of the room and not the length between exterior surfaces of opposite walls.
Agree deepaktpatil. Valid point. But even that is being considered and there are still irregularities.
Old 4th August 2011, 15:02   #664
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Anyone going for Prestige Tranquility. Seems decently priced. Actually too decently priced for the builder of repute. Any catch?
Is the location bad?
Or some land issues? Water Issues?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Sign of times.
I don't totally agree. Prestige Tranquility is a budget homes project from the Prestige Group. When a 3BHK comes to just about 1200 sq ft in area, my 1375 sq ft 2BHK seems huge in comparison.

As i had mentioned earlier on this thread, most builders are now playing the budget homes concept. Offhand, i can remember Provident Welworth from the Purva Group, Prestige Tranquility, many projects from Confident Group, Ozone Evergreens from the Ozone Group and so on.

In most of the budget homes model apartments which are put on display by the builders, they do not put furniture on display. An unfurnished apartment/room appears large, but when you put furniture in it, you realize how it has shrunk. Smart ploy.
Old 4th August 2011, 22:53   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live
Anyone going for Prestige Tranquility. Seems decently priced. Actually too decently priced for the builder of repute. Any catch?
Is the location bad?
Or some land issues? Water Issues?
Couple of my friends had checked out Tranquility recently. Seems the area is surrounded by factories & industries.
kap04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 06:47   #666
BHPian

Hi,
I have shortlisted 2 projects, 1 in JP Nagar 9th phase and other on Hennur road, on the other side of the city.
Both are in the range of 1700 sqft and are in 55-60L bracket. Since I work in ORR, both are almost equidstant give or take
10-15 min difference.hennur road one. Expensive by 3-4L. Which one would be a better buy in terms of locality,water, living
experience etc.. And also in terms Of appreciation? Thanks..
Old 6th August 2011, 10:49   #667
BHPian

I happened to see the the Elite Promenade at JP Nagar 7th phase yesterday. The B towers 5 , 13th floor onward is available. The price bracket is at 71L + Regn for the 1620 sqft.

The impression that i had was:-

There were lot of cons instead of pros

1) There is nothing in the apartment except walls, even the bathroom tile and fitting seems to be of inferior quality.

2) The pricing is surely not worth for the property.

3) Puttenahalli lake stinks and the view from the B Tower 5 is horrible.

4) Very least amount of infrastructure. Just one small swimming pool for so many flats.

5) I seriously doubt the structure strength because the Puttenahalli lake is just next door. There are chances that in future the strength of the building may become weak because of the ground water source in the lake.

6) There is just 2 bathrooms that too very very small in the 1620 sqft 3 BHK flat.

7) The measurement as stated in the floor plan is simply a joke when compared to the real measurements.

8) cots cutting is very glaringly evident when seeing the common corridors, flats and all the common facilities.

9) The site supervisor and the staff were totally not interested in explaining anything or selling their property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I called up Sobha developers for the price they are quoting for the just launched Mediterranean something project they have launched somewhere near Hebbal.

They are quoting 74 lacs for a 2BHK and 84 for 3BHK. I mean what on the earth???

And funny part is that the date of handover is 3 and half years from now.
And this is pre launch offer. A supposedly cheaper one. I mean what on the earth???

But I know there are people who are rolling in cash and will buy.
Damn I feel so poor an stupid.

There is so much of black money floating around that we can never expect a price fall in real estate.

OT: In China they executed 2 high ranking officials for corruption. Wish something like that happens here.

Sobha boasts to be excellent in everything. I once had a very bad time with their staff. I was made to wait for 1 hour on Sarjapura road and finally none turned . Even the office numbers were not being connected to an operator to atleast know the location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Hi,
I have shortlisted 2 projects, 1 in JP Nagar 9th phase and other on Hennur road, on the other side of the city.
Both are in the range of 1700 sqft and are in 55-60L bracket. Since I work in ORR, both are almost equidstant give or take
10-15 min difference.hennur road one. Expensive by 3-4L. Which one would be a better buy in terms of locality,water, living
For Hennur i think paying around 55-60 is worth but it again depends on the location. After crossing the Jain heights apartments and taking a left and almost to the end of the road you reach HBR layout where i saw an apartment constructed by SLV called SLV Grand. The 3 BHK Flat of 1570 Sqft was 50L NEGO.

Also just opp to the Dominos there is one project coming up and the price range is 65-70L

Please explain what are the amenities in the JP Nagar 9th phase and Hennur flats.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 6th August 2011 at 11:44. Reason: merging posts. Please edit existing post if posting with 30mins.
rki2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2011, 12:54   #668
BANNED

Good post rki2007. More experiences mentioned here the more we will benefit. Things grew so fast here that everyone thinks they can sell off anything.

And like I mentioned last week the slowdown is happening. Very evident now.
Old 6th August 2011, 13:05   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Hi,
55-60L in Hennur road? Which builder ? I saw a couple of Sobha ones and they wanted minimum 80-90L

I also saw HM's tropical tree in RT nagar, Asking price is 1.5Cr
Old 6th August 2011, 17:19   #670
mkh
Senior - BHPian

People posting here are requested that they give the complete price and not just the cost of the apartment as that reflects more on what you pay. Ex- apartment maybe 60L, but taxes, additional car park( which almost all need now), registration add up to infact 20% more even. I saw a place that is 70L but all inclusive comes to 85L!!
As for Hennur road- most players are medium scale ones, premium guys command more. Mind you- the medium guys will face immense heat, not to say the big guys will not in the next 2 years. I saw sycon on Horamavu, the new project is sold out completely! SOMEONE is buying
Old 6th August 2011, 22:11   #671
BHPian

Thanks Spitfire I will update about all the projects i will be seeing.

@Captain slow- I also screamed when i heard the prices of HM Tropical tree also check out Purva Atria near New BEL road - Sanjay nagar that is also a shock.

Last edited by rki2007 : 6th August 2011 at 22:13.
Old 6th August 2011, 23:12   #672
BHPian

Anyone invested in land around Nandi Hills near upcoming ITIR region? I was thinking of buying some land there.Ongoing rate quoted by below developer is around 900 /sqft.

Welcome to Sitrus-Group
Old 6th August 2011, 23:45   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus View Post
Anyone invested in land around Nandi Hills near upcoming ITIR region? I was thinking of buying some land there.Ongoing rate quoted by below developer is around 900 /sqft.

Welcome to Sitrus-Group
I think the rate is high. Last weekend, checked out a site for a friend on the Devanahalli - Hoskote (NH207) and the price quoted was 450. Apparently there's an aero SEZ coming up in that area.
Old 7th August 2011, 08:06   #674
BHPian

I was referring to HM worldcity in JP Nagar 9th phase and Golden palms on hennur road..HM is quoting 57L for 1660 sqft 3bhk 10th floor flat and at Golden palms builder is not coming below 58L for 1535 Sqft 2 BHK+ 175Sqft terrace flat. Both excluding registration.

Folks...whats your opinion? should I wait or go ahead and finalize??? I am staying in JP nagar 7th phase and hence bit biased toward this area..

@rki 2007 : Your comments on Elita promenade are 100% accurate. Even though I stay stones throw away from Elita, was never interested because of their high prices, lnferior quality of construction, lame floorplans, attitude of sales people etc....
Old 7th August 2011, 08:40   #675
BHPian

@Ross:-

I think you are talking about Golden palms near Kristhu jayanthi college. If that is the location, then paying 58L +Regn is not worth at all. I have also seen the place and the apartments. It is ok and nothing remarkable to appreciate about. Something around 53-55L excl of regn but including all deposits+car park (min one , two if possible)+3 years maintenance will be a very good deal because from Hennur circle to Kristu jayanthi college, the distance is not that close.

Leave the builder for atleast a week or something, let him make a couple of calls. This exercise will get you a good deal.

HM world city also i think they were selling at 2850/- (basic rate) six months back. It is normal that the builder will increase the prices nearing completion. Anything around 54-55L excl regn will be worth for World city.

Last edited by rki2007 : 7th August 2011 at 08:43.

Most Viewed