Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2011, 14:52   #751
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

^^ Fortunes were made 10 years ago. These were the people who were at right place at right time. Now IT scene is different. Its has changed. Matured. And salaries have stabilized. So getting such kind of returns in today's age might be a tough task.
Old 6th September 2011, 16:01   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
^^ Fortunes were made 10 years ago. These were the people who were at right place at right time. Now IT scene is different. Its has changed. Matured. And salaries have stabilized. So getting such kind of returns in today's age might be a tough task.
I like your statement "Salaries have been stabilized". Can you explain further.

As far as the current situation of the real estate it is strongly suggested to be out of any investment. Because i am myself in all these for quite some time even though this is not my profession. I personally feel still investing in FD is one good option where the growth is guaranteed and the money is safe.

Those properties which gave returns earlier are they themselves taking double the time in today's market to offer those kind of returns.May be for a very long run say 10-15 years make some sense for investments. That too the Apartments will surely see the down turn.
Old 6th September 2011, 16:32   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
@ spitfire, mr_bean

Thank you for all the inputs. Well, i have seen a lot of people in the last couple of years who have made a fortune in areas like Koramangala , Hsr layout and others having invested in there in the past.
Running rate of HSR Layout was in the 200-500 psqft during the 2002-03 time frame, people indeed made a fortune here. I hear lot of my colleagues still cribbing about the missed opportunity. The key here is to invest smart.

You seem to looking at the koramangala & hsr layout, You can explore areas beyond doddakannelli sarjapur, but these areas will take its time to provide a sound return.
Mr_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 16:34   #754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I like your statement "Salaries have been stabilized". Can you explain further.

I personally feel still investing in FD is one good option where the growth is guaranteed and the money is safe.

Those properties which gave returns earlier are they themselves taking double the time in today's market to offer those kind of returns.May be for a very long run say 10-15 years make some sense for investments. That too the Apartments will surely see the down turn.
What I meant was that the heydays of IT are over. Now its just another industry. Gone are the days when there were too many openings and number of skilled people was too less. At that time being an average joe was more than enough to get plum assignments. Every Tom Dick and Harry minted money abroad and invested it in real estate. I am talking of period from 1997 onwards till about say 2004, although there was a dip in between.

Now things are different. You can still make lot of money but your REALLY have to be very good at whatever skill set you have.

Coming year will be an interesting one as far as real estate and market is concerned. I am watching.
download2live is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 16:47   #755
BANNED

After living in bangalore and adapting to the life there, it was difficult to start all over again in Chennai.
Now facing a serious problem of finding a quality project with almost everything in-house somewhere inside the city.

Can anyone help?
Looking for a 3 bedroom flat with all amenities, >1350sqft.
Is there any good project you people know of in the western part of chennai.

Even open for secondhand flats under a good builder.
Old 6th September 2011, 16:48   #756
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Thank you for all the inputs. Well, i have seen a lot of people in the last couple of years who have made a fortune in areas like Koramangala , Hsr layout and others having invested in there in the past. So was wondering if there is room for such investments even now albeit in other areas.
You only saw the people who made profits. Did you try and find out how many lost out in their investments too?

Presently the only affordable and viable option for you is under BIAAPA limits. But dont expect what your friend reaped.

Quote:
Well, i dont really know much about real estate, but having seen people invest in land and reaping in the benefits is luring me in.
Here you say land. Land is different to apartment.

Also you have got the money from sale of ancestral land. Old jungle saying - invest the money back into what you made it from (Hint).

PS: You have a lot to learn. Start from the first post of this thread. By the end of it. I guarantee you, what we are saying will make sense. Until then FD that money.
Spitfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 22:11   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
You only saw the people who made profits. Did you try and find out how many lost out in their investments too?
ya, i have heard a lot of horror stories about that too. Like it was pointed out above, its all about being in the right place at right time.

Quote:
Here you say land. Land is different to apartment.
No, actually if you had seen earlier, i was/am asking which is better , Land or flat for investment.

Quote:
You have a lot to learn. Start from the first post of this thread. By the end of it. I guarantee you, what we are saying will make sense. Until then FD that money.
You are right on the money. I am absolutely naive in real estate. I ll slowly go through the thread and that might probably help. Until then like you said, FD is the way to go

PS : Are there no more areas like Hsr layout and Koramangala and others which have absolute scope for growth like they did ? And available now for as low as they did.

Wouldn't Metro, whenever it gets completed have a bearing on Bangalore real estate ?
Old 6th September 2011, 23:13   #758
Senior - BHPian

@karty_83 I stay in Koramangla and purchased my apartment in 2003.
Now since you are asking about ideas like HSR and Koramangala let me chip in and give you some perspective.

Koramangala in 2011 with retrospective effect looks like lots of appreciation
but lets do a reality check there are lots of factors.

1. Unprecidented growth in population of Bangalore between 2001 - 2008 due to near 50% growth in IT industry this gold rush has now tapered down.

2. Interest rates were all time low 7.5 ~ 8.25 % between 2004 - 2008 and many people took 15 year loans to invest in property and this rush has also died down as interest is now 13.5 ~ 14.75%

Whatever was the price in Koramangala at that time was more compared to elsewhere as salaries were less in a price of a plot in Koramangala / HSR you could have purchased a whole acre in Sarjapur town in 2003. So things always look rosy if you look back.

If you compare appreciation in Koramangala with appreciation in say whitefield , for same amount of investment the money in whitefield has multiplied more.
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 14:18   #759
BHPian

Im glad there is a real estate thread on team bhp, this actually stopped me from making a hasty decision. I was about to book at Chartered Beverly Hills, but then i wanted to know everything about the gimmicks the builders play and get better info before buying a apartment.

That being said, im being offered an apartment in Kattriguppe close to the ring road and main road. Its an small block abt 10 apartments, privately built. 2.5 BHK 1300 sqft. Rate 55 laks. Is this a reasonable rate for such an apartment? Kindly suggest.
Old 12th September 2011, 16:05   #760
BHPian

Read in the paper about Shobha's plots near Int'l airport going at 2750 and almost sold out!!! Man this is crazy for me, talk about premium, this is almost double of what should be the rate unless i am missing something major here! Heard from a friend in the field, bookings have come down drastically now, almost 1/5th to 1/10th in some major projects. That said, rates are not falling, only that some players like Purva are asking only 20% till you move in
Old 12th September 2011, 16:12   #761
BHPian

Which areas in Madras South can I look at for buying a plot with a budget of Rs.1000/- per sqft. Not for immediate construction / occupation. Prefer areas with future appreciation potential.

How does Thirumazhisi appear? "Amma" recently announced her plans for this place, i believe.
Old 12th September 2011, 16:19   #762
BHPian

Has anyone heard of Sterling Developers. They have an apartment being constructed at brookfield which is in the range of 45(2BHK)-65(3BHK) lakhs . Is it reasonable?
Old 12th September 2011, 18:28   #763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motortechie View Post
Has anyone heard of Sterling Developers. They have an apartment being constructed at brookfield which is in the range of 45(2BHK)-65(3BHK) lakhs . Is it reasonable?
If it is around Brookefield, then yes. I can't say its reasonable. But that's the rate over here.

Btw, I see people mentioning about investing in FD giving good returns. (Or I understood wrong?)

Banks are smart. They do not have those 10% schemes for those FD that are invested for long term. I think less than 24months are the one that has such interest rates.

Next if you take the returns, its taxed at your tax slab. Think about the RE investment. It can be made zero if reinvested.

So, in my opinion, RE is much better choices than a FD. Unless you want to invest money that would be required by you in short term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Guys, any reviews on Mahaveer Varna? Situated on the Whitefield road, looks like a decent budget buy. Only Prestige Tranquility looks within my budget of around 35 lakhs.
One of my friend finished the registration with Varna last month. He gave a good feedback about this. And I too believe that this place will be picking up for sure.

1. Its just opposite to the 10down villa.
2. Just before the big complex that is coming up. Its build by army welfare group and I think directly from central govt. So, its assured that this place will have bus stand, and other facilities shortly.

Add to that, that is the only place (near by ITPL) where there are huge land banks

Prestige Tranquility is almost near Budigere. I am not sure if that would be a better option. Atleast for the next 5-6 years. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th September 2011 at 21:00. Reason: Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.Thanks
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 19:03   #764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motortechie View Post
Sterling has it's properties in other locations, so they are now into the premium rate slabs. Their 3 BHK's in Banashankari (ring road) were going at 80+.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 20:26   #765
BHPian

Why is everyone talking or going behind premium flats. Why not smaller builder?
For example, in my area (Hebbal) Godrej property sells out for 70-80L for 2 BHK and a small builder charges 30-35L right behind the godrej compound.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks