Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2012, 14:21   #1066
BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

I am looking at a town house at Ozone Residenza at Haralur Road. Any idea about how good/bad the property is ? It is a 3BHK with 3336 Sq ft built up area.
Old 8th July 2012, 16:35   #1067
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acurafan
I am looking at a town house at Ozone Residenza at Haralur Road. Any idea about how good/bad the property is ? It is a 3BHK with 3336 Sq ft built up area.
The asking price is a bit too high thereabouts. Plus there is a big problem with water availability in general as far as I am aware.
Check these aspects out before plunging..
Old 8th July 2012, 23:35   #1068
BHPian

Thanks, what is fair psft rate for this neighborhood ? Currently the asking price is around 4800 all inclusive for a resale townhouse. There are few monster projects that are coming up nearby which will make the narrow Haralur road quite congested in coming years.
Old 9th July 2012, 07:23   #1069
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acurafan
Thanks, what is fair psft rate for this neighborhood ? Currently the asking price is around 4800 all inclusive for a resale townhouse. There are few monster projects that are coming up nearby which will make the narrow Haralur road quite congested in coming years.
Add to that the severe water woes and you will realize the long term difficulties. That areas original catchment tanks have all been sold off and illegally encroached upon for buildings.

There are no catchment and feeder areas which will give you vital water supply. Rain water harvesting will help upto a point as will a bore well but this rampant madness that I am seeing here has only one way to go - a downward spiral.

The rate I was told a while back for this area was about 3000 to 3600 range. This may have changed but I am not sure 4800 is the right price either. However, neighbourimg HSR is going at 8000 odd so you can figure it out.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 9th July 2012 at 07:24.
Old 9th July 2012, 08:16   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Im pretty sure the flats have balconies. Some have it attached to the living room, while others have it attached to the master bedroom. I am talking about 970 odd sq ft flats.

Are you sure about this? No Balcony would be a showsyopper for me too. In fact, the flat I am looking at is attractive to me BECAUSE the balcony faces open ground etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Like i mentioned earlier, this was about close to 2 years back when i was checking out the project. I am not sure if they have made any changes to the design based on buyer feedback. Even the model apartments they had at the site had no balcony shown.
I was there to check them out a couple times. I asked them the reason why they have no balconies, they said they are marketing these as budget apartments and hence no balconies, the price at that time was really attractive compared to other projects in this same area, I was also looking for budget apartments, but somehow couldnt convince for an apartment without the balcony! It was costing around 27L+ for a 2bhk at that time, I'm sure now it must have gone up.
Old 9th July 2012, 08:51   #1071
Senior - BHPian

^^ No- the Ozone Evergreen flats do have balconies now as far as I am aware, since there was a restructuring of the plan. However, these are not budget apartments any more, since these cost 45 lakhs plus or thereabout. I liked the locality etc., however, I recently came to know that the entire area suffers from water shortage on a persistent basis. That for me would definitely be a deal breaker.

On the other hand, none of the new projects anywhere have any Cauvery water connection. All are dependent on borewells, so there is some degree of risk involved in respect of water no matter where you finally take a flat.
Old 9th July 2012, 10:50   #1072
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I was there to check them out a couple times. I asked them the reason why they have no balconies, they said they are marketing these as budget apartments and hence no balconies, the price at that time was really attractive compared to other projects in this same area, I was also looking for budget apartments, but somehow couldnt convince for an apartment without the balcony! It was costing around 27L+ for a 2bhk at that time, I'm sure now it must have gone up.
Thanks for confirming. Lack of balcony is the main reason i rejected it, and moved on. Between, the price they are advertising these days is about 42 lakhs, not sure of the apartment size after the restructuring.
Old 9th July 2012, 11:05   #1073
BHPian

Need some help from the local Puneites. Looked at Blue Ridge (BR) in Hinjewadi and found the location very attractive. Budget was about 50 lacs but the only flats available are the studio flats which come up tp about 30 lacs (~580 sq.ft).

Questions:

1. Pune is a growing city and with the Infotech part coming up, BR looks like an attractive proposition as an Investment. Any comments on BR as an investment option?

2. What is the scope of renting out a studio at BR. Will there be enough takers from the IT crowd once complete in 2015?

3. What kind of rents can we expect from a Studio?

4. Are there any firms which help in renting out your flats to corporates?

Any assistance will be really helpful as I am not too aware of Pune and I look at Pune from a Mumbai perspective i.e. Mumbai has been expanding and the rates are blowing through the roof.

I expect Pune to follow the same route in a few years time. The infotech parks' proximity to BR makes me feel BR will be an excellent location once construction is complete in 3 years time. I am will to wait for atleast 5-7 years to hold on to the property if not more while giving it out on rent.
Old 9th July 2012, 14:06   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
1. Pune is a growing city and with the Infotech part coming up, BR looks like an attractive proposition as an Investment. Any comments on BR as an investment option?
Maybe I am biased, but most local Punekars dont really like Hinjewadi. The township "may" be good, but the rest of the infrastructure is woefully inadequate. And they are already charging completely well-developed rates.
Remember , HJW is in existence since many years, and everybody claims that it will be "well developed" in 5 years time.

Quote:
2. What is the scope of renting out a studio at BR. Will there be enough takers from the IT crowd once complete in 2015?
3. What kind of rents can we expect from a Studio?
If it helps, there was an ad for a BR 2bhk for rent on our intra, asking 15k.

Quote:
The infotech parks' proximity to BR makes me feel BR will be an excellent location once construction is complete in 3 years time. I am will to wait for atleast 5-7 years to hold on to the property if not more while giving it out on rent.
If you are purchasing for cash, it would be good. If some financing part is involved , then I dont think the rent+appreciation would make much financial sense.

PS : I am a complete RE noob.

PPS : Do go through this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ic-issues.html

PPPS : Atleast the builder is much better (reputation wise) compared his shadier White Fortuner Gold Chain (WFGC) brethren who rule the roost here. We call them Guntha Mantris in Pune.
Old 9th July 2012, 15:08   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Maybe I am biased, but most local Punekars dont really like Hinjewadi. The township "may" be good, but the rest of the infrastructure is woefully inadequate. And they are already charging completely well-developed rates.
Remember , HJW is in existence since many years, and everybody claims that it will be "well developed" in 5 years time.

If it helps, there was an ad for a BR 2bhk for rent on our intra, asking 15k.

If you are purchasing for cash, it would be good. If some financing part is involved , then I dont think the rent+appreciation would make much financial sense.

PS : I am a complete RE noob.

PPS : Do go through this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ic-issues.html

PPPS : Atleast the builder is much better (reputation wise) compared his shadier White Fortuner Gold Chain (WFGC) brethren who rule the roost here. We call them Guntha Mantris in Pune.
Thanks Sajo for your inputs. Always good to have local intelligence.

The township promises on a lot but I dont know how much it will deliver. Since HJW does not have much infrastructure, the township is being developed to be self sustainable.

My wife stays in Andheri Vijaynagar society which was recently re-developed by Paranjpe and I was very very impressed with the work that they have done. Hence, the preference.

I checked the threads you mentioned. Once the township comes up, will it not be on the other site of HJW thus, to a certain extent, negating the traffic issues? Of course, when you wish to go to Pune, the conditions will be the same...probably worse.

Will be taking a loan for sure. Looking at the rate at which RE is going up, HJW looks a good option. Mumbai and Navi Mumbai are just too expensive right now.

Also looked at Life republic but its too long term.
Old 9th July 2012, 15:16   #1076
Senior - BHPian

With your budget though , I am sure you can find 1-2 year old flats in one of the Pimples (pronounced : पिंपळे) (Pimple Saudagar, Pimple Nilakh, Pimple Gurav). With that, you can gauge the quality of the construction , problems , infrastructure etc, and not rely on builder's promises.
Another option is to look for resale flats in Kothrud/Bavdhan.

Last edited by sajo : 9th July 2012 at 15:18.
Old 12th July 2012, 16:39   #1077
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Between, the price they are advertising these days is about 42 lakhs, not sure of the apartment size after the restructuring.
2BHK's are around ~950 sq feet and 3BHK's ~ 1200 sq feet. Would say bit on smaller side, however what made me drop the plan was the whole plan was looking bit congested from outside itself. View from balcony was part blocked due to your own bed room wall, lift lobby, staircase was too congested I felt. However comparing the price may be VFM since builder reputed.
There is a Prestige property coming up in the same road about 500mts from this Ozone, they quoting 4200/ sq feet as base price. Completion in 2015/16
Old 18th July 2012, 08:29   #1078
BHPian

What is the real estate prices in PHRA, philips hill, kumarapuram, trivadrum like???
any inputs please?
Old 22nd July 2012, 01:30   #1079
BHPian

Does anyone know the procedure to get your name on the Property card ? And how much does it cost to have the property transfered. Is it as per the value of the property.
Old 22nd July 2012, 14:15   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sajo for your inputs. Always good to have local intelligence.

The township promises on a lot but I dont know how much it will deliver. Since HJW does not have much infrastructure, the township is being developed to be self sustainable.

My wife stays in Andheri Vijaynagar society which was recently re-developed by Paranjpe and I was very very impressed with the work that they have done. Hence, the preference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
With your budget though , I am sure you can find 1-2 year old flats in one of the Pimples (pronounced : पिंपळे) (Pimple Saudagar, Pimple Nilakh, Pimple Gurav). With that, you can gauge the quality of the construction , problems , infrastructure etc, and not rely on builder's promises.
Another option is to look for resale flats in Kothrud/Bavdhan.
+1. There are better options outside Hinjewadi. 50L is a decent budget for a 2BHK. Go through the IREF Pune page to get the local info.
There is a dedicated thread on Blue Ridge.

Real Estate Pune - Indian Real Estate Forum - www.indianrealestateforum.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks