Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2015, 12:42   #1621
BHPian

The way the government is trying to reclaim lake bed labd is a travesty. Were they sleeping? What about sankey tank approvals. What about hebbal lake which is being encroached upon as we speak. I remember the area from even 10 years ago. There used to be a lake in both sides of the main road. Now suddenly there is a bus atop on one side and 'built to suit' hoardings on the other. The connecting drain (between the two sides of the road) is being closed surely and steadily on a daily basis. They are blund to all these encroachmenta but are going after people who have been resident on the tank beds for the last 30 years.....
Old 6th May 2015, 22:18   #1622
Senior - BHPian

I fully agree Wheeliej.

There's more 'Breaking News' in store.

Quote:
"200 surveyors to measure 1,400-odd lakes"
Bengaluru, May 5, 2015 DHNS:

The House Committee on lake protection, which met on Tuesday, has decided to ask the Revenue department to appoint 200 surveyors to survey 1,400-odd lakes in Bengaluru urban and rural areas.

the link:-http://www.deccanherald.com/content/475931/200-surveyors-measure-1400-odd.html

Quote:
"Site allotment to VIPs on lakebed in Dollars Colony to be verified"
Bengaluru, May 5, 2015, DHNS:

Bengaluru Urban district incharge Minister Ramalinga Reddy said on Tuesday that the government would verify as to how Bangalore Development Authority (BDA) had allotted sites to 410 VIPs in Dollars Colony, JP Nagar, without ascertaining that it was the bed of Linganahalli lake.
More here:-
http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...d-dollars.html

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th May 2015 at 08:19. Reason: Back to back posts. Please do not copy paste an entire article from a third party website. This is your last warning.
Old 6th May 2015, 22:32   #1623
Senior - BHPian

So, will the city Bus stand be razed? It too stands on a lake bed, right?
Old 6th May 2015, 22:42   #1624
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Majestic bus stand, Congress office, CA institute, Ambedkar bhavan, Mahavir jain hospital, Kanteerava stadium, Mallya hospital , are at risk of getting razed
Old 7th May 2015, 11:33   #1625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay kamath View Post
Majestic bus stand, Congress office, CA institute, Ambedkar bhavan, Mahavir jain hospital, Kanteerava stadium, Mallya hospital , are at risk of getting razed
From the Deccan Herald article dated 7-05-2015.

Name:  ForumRunner_20150507_113128.png
Views: 1249
Size:  612.3 KB

( Pic shared on https://www.facebook.com/groups/bygonebangalore )
Old 7th May 2015, 11:37   #1626
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

The Karnataka government is mulling an amendment to the Lake conservation Bill - Link
Source:The Hindu, Bangalore May 5 2015
Old 8th May 2015, 19:16   #1627
Oxy
BHPian

Man that was a scary article. It says largest amount of razing was done in Kadugodi. I live in this area (opposite to the Sathya Saibaba Ashram).
Old 9th May 2015, 01:33   #1628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Man that was a scary article. It says largest amount of razing was done in Kadugodi. I live in this area (opposite to the Sathya Saibaba Ashram).
What ? Which article ?

I am almost in the process of putting my life's savings in buying a new apartment near Sai Baba Ashram !!

After a search of about 50 upcoming apartments and toggling with the budget and 6 months of roaming around, we have finally found our dream house.
Should I hold on for sometime ? I might then run out of my choice of flat.
Old 9th May 2015, 06:55   #1629
Senior - BHPian

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...bengaluru.html

Realty market dips sharply in Bengaluru
Prashanth G N, Bengaluru, May 7, 2015, DHNS:
4,100 units launched in the first quarter; decline nationwide
Bengaluru’s residential market sales, primarily flats and apartments, has crashed by 76 per cent this year in the January to March quarter.

From around 7,000 apartments launched last year, this year the launches clocked 4,100 between January and March, a study by Cushman and Wakefield (C&W) has revealed. Developers are more keen on finishing and selling existing projects than on launching new ones that enhance unsold stock and supply.

The study states: “Due to cautious investing attitude of the buyers, the absorption rate in the city declined leading to a lot of unsold inventory and thereby a restrained supply. Nearly 41% of the total units that sold was from the south-east submarket, primarily along Sarjapur Road and Hosur Road and an additional 25% in the North submarket, in Yelahanka and around Kogilu
Old 11th May 2015, 15:50   #1630
Senior - BHPian

One of my friends, whose mother has a dear wish to have a garden of her own, plans to purchase around 10,000sq ft of land. The rapidly escalating land prices means that his only options are at around 10kms from city; available as 10 guntas of land.
What's the procedure for acquiring and building a house on such lands? He wants to build a small house and move there.
Old 11th May 2015, 16:49   #1631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post

Attachment 1367833

( Pic shared on https://www.facebook.com/groups/bygonebangalore )
No mention of Kaggadasapura lake?

A glaring example of how the authorities neglected the lake, let it be filled by debris from the nearby constructions resulting in the lake vanishing completely.

Now the local political leaders of most parties are competing with each other to occupy the lake bed.
Old 11th May 2015, 19:20   #1632
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One of my friends, whose mother has a dear wish to have a garden of her own, plans to purchase around 10,000sq ft of land. The rapidly escalating land prices means that his only options are at around 10kms from city; available as 10 guntas of land.
What's the procedure for acquiring and building a house on such lands? He wants to build a small house and move there.
It really depends on what type of land it is - is it still agricultural, DC Converted, within BBMP limits, etc ? Find out what the land/surrounding area is classified as in the CDP (Comprehensive Development Plan).
Would suggest to go the whole 9 yards in terms of due diligence with a reputed lawyer specializing in real estate, do not take any chances

Last edited by NPV : 11th May 2015 at 19:22.
Old 11th May 2015, 20:23   #1633
BHPian

Quote:
Most of the layouts on lakes like Srinivagilu where I reside were developed by BDA itself some 20 years ago. I doubt anyone can do anything about those or many others in the list such as Domlur, HAL, etc.

Regarding Mestrikere, the residents of Koramangala 3rd Block fought tooth and nail against the BDA which wanted to allot plots to MLAs. The residents have won the case in court and are rebuilding a lake there which is an onerous task considering that the original rainwater channels have been lost irretrievably.

Some new areas near lakes or on lake beds are on the radar now as Bangalore has seen an alarming dip in lakes, so one must be doubly careful when buying land there.

Recently I happened to pass by Bellandur lake and the entire water was foaming as if someone had let a washing machine outlet on to the lake. Really a sad reflection of our lakes.

Quote:
10 kms from where? If it is 10 kms from Majestic, then you are still in the city.

In Karnataka in the vicinity of Bangalore, 10,000 sq. ft. of land which is not in a layout may be easier said than done and your first order of work would be to identify a good lawyer who is well aware of the CDP and local laws.

Please note that agricultural land, greenbelt and to some extent gomala land are strict no-go areas in Karnataka.

Also note that for older people, time is of the essence if and when they have ailments and you may need to move him/her to a good super-specialty hospital relatively quickly, so this is also something to ponder.

Having said all this, if you are living in the vicinity of Hosur Road, then one way to inexpensively buy land (in acres even) is by looking in the vicinity of Anekal on the Tamil Nadu side of the border. TN has little or no regulation regarding agricultural land and the prices there are relatively low. Not only a garden, but one can even do farming there. This will be 10-15 kms from Electronic City and Narayana Hrudayalaya. Borewell water is generally good and depending on where you are, River Kaveri known for its good water may also be nearby.
Old 11th May 2015, 22:42   #1634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
It really depends on what type of land it is - is it still agricultural, DC Converted, within BBMP limits, etc ? Find out what the land/surrounding area is classified as in the CDP (Comprehensive Development Plan).
Would suggest to go the whole 9 yards in terms of due diligence with a reputed lawyer specializing in real estate, do not take any chances

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post

10 kms from where? If it is 10 kms from Majestic, then you are still in the city.

In Karnataka in the vicinity of Bangalore, 10,000 sq. ft. of land which is not in a layout may be easier said than done and your first order of work would be to identify a good lawyer who is well aware of the CDP and local laws.

Please note that agricultural land, greenbelt and to some extent gomala land are strict no-go areas in Karnataka.
Thank you for your inputs.

I'm sorry not to have mentioned earlier; the land hunt is in the Mysore region.

10-20kms from city centre still has some agricultural lands left. But, the possibility of building a residential house (farm house?) is still a gray area.
My friend has the 'farmer status' required to buy an agricultural land, though. But I heard it is no longer a necessity?

As you suggested, legal advice is paramount.
Old 12th May 2015, 11:13   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your inputs.

I'm sorry not to have mentioned earlier; the land hunt is in the Mysore region.

10-20kms from city centre still has some agricultural lands left. But, the possibility of building a residential house (farm house?) is still a gray area.
My friend has the 'farmer status' required to buy an agricultural land, though. But I heard it is no longer a necessity?

As you suggested, legal advice is paramount.
Don't have much idea about Mysore, but I do remember seeing a CDP for Mysore and its surroundings once.

Farmer status is still very much required for unconverted land in Karnataka. This can be bypassed by approaching the District Officer. The next hurdle is more formidable: Income below 2 lakhs from the entire household is next to impossible these days. But what one has to bear in mind is that the government can recover all your land at any point in time if they can prove that one has falsified these conditions. Some therefore end up getting harassed in perpetuity by local officials.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks