Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2015, 18:10   #1756
BHPian

The builders have really been able to hold out against orice reductions though for a few years now everyone has been talking of a slowdown.

There are new launches every day and the price and extras really seem to be going up on a daily basis. Its a strange market allegedly buoyed up by the so called black money. Who knows when prices will really start to go down.
Old 25th October 2015, 18:18   #1757
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

I am in the market to buy property in South Bangalore, particularly Basavanagudi and Banashankari, and every project I zeroed in was sold out. There were no secondary sales in this pocket as well. So I sense the latent demand is still there, and yes driven purely by black money.
Old 25th October 2015, 20:45   #1758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I am in the market to buy property in South Bangalore, particularly Basavanagudi and Banashankari, and every project I zeroed in was sold out. There were no secondary sales in this pocket as well. So I sense the latent demand is still there, and yes driven purely by black money.
I find it hard to believe that you did not find any property in the localities listed, especially as I have land near Banashankari that is lying vacant.

Even if primary sales may not be there, properties will be available for secondary sale. Perhaps you should look for a better real estate agent or lower your criteria.

Builders in Bangalore made a killing a few years ago by building in the outskirts especially around the PRR. That is where you will find some deals these days.

In my experience, at no time do prices in fully developed areas ever go down. They just stagnate for a long, long time.

Last edited by nowwhat? : 25th October 2015 at 20:51.
Old 27th October 2015, 09:48   #1759
BHPian

@sunishsamuel: Depends a lot on what locations are you looking for?
Closer to work places will be on higher side. A little outskirts and you would probably get some greenery and lesser price

Last edited by neon_daytona : 27th October 2015 at 09:52. Reason: quoted
Old 27th October 2015, 13:18   #1760

I have just initiated a house building project for myself in Bangalore at Banashankari 3rd stage. I would like to document the process step by step for the sake of others venturing the same route, and also for my own reference

Not sure if I can use this thread or create a new one, admins and mods please advice.
Old 27th October 2015, 13:31   #1761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishgator View Post
I have just initiated a house building project for myself in Bangalore at Banashankari 3rd stage. I would like to document the process step by step for the sake of others venturing the same route, and also for my own reference
I am about to venture into this in 2-3 months time myself. Will help if we can discuss and share learnings. Will be doing this in OMR, Chennai
Old 27th October 2015, 13:48   #1762
Senior - BHPian

I was keen on apartments coming up in netkalappa circle and around gandhi bazaar - moving towards Jayanagar, even Ganesh Bhavan but found nothing. Also am keen on either ground floor or maximum, first, as I have aged parents. In banashankari, am keen on 3rd stage as I grew up there.

Will scout for a better real estate agent for the area, first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
I find it hard to believe that you did not find any property in the localities listed, especially as I have land near Banashankari that is lying vacant.

Even if primary sales may not be there, properties will be available for secondary sale. Perhaps you should look for a better real estate agent or lower your criteria.

Builders in Bangalore made a killing a few years ago by building in the outskirts especially around the PRR. That is where you will find some deals these days.

In my experience, at no time do prices in fully developed areas ever go down. They just stagnate for a long, long time.
Old 11th November 2015, 15:12   #1763
BHPian

Am planning to purchase an apartment. Was looking for a good lawyer to verify documents and help draft the sale agreement. If anyone would have any contacts that you could please share - preferably in South Bangalore area.
Old 11th November 2015, 15:24   #1764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
Am planning to purchase an apartment. Was looking for a good lawyer to verify documents and help draft the sale agreement. If anyone would have any contacts that you could please share - preferably in South Bangalore area.
You can get in touch with Mr.Ravindra - 9342839148. He has office/ house in 9th block east-end circle.
Old 11th November 2015, 19:35   #1765
Senior - BHPian

If you don't mind my asking which property did you buy in South Bangalore, and where exactly, as I'm also looking. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
Old 12th November 2015, 13:23   #1766
BHPian

Has anyone bought/ booked a flat with Unishire builders in Thanisandra area. They have got lot of good constructions going on and price deals look juicy too.

We have a group of people from Unishire weave project teamed up in google and anyone who have booked in this project can be be part of the group.
Old 12th November 2015, 18:06   #1767

Note from Team-BHP Support : Post deleted. Please note that any form of soliciting (via post or PM) is not permitted on Team-BHP.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th April 2016 at 17:23. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 26th November 2015, 18:49   #1768
BHPian

Having never bought a flat before, I came across a new development in Bangalore that piqued my interest and I am seriously considering buying one.

This flat would be primarily for investment as we live in our own house in the city. We may however let it out if possible (The flat comes with assured rental for 2 years) or perhaps use it as a vacation home on weekends as it is in Hoskote which is quite a distance away from the city notwithstanding what the developer says.

My questions regarding flat buying are:
  • There is a 25K premium for every floor after the 5th floor. So 6th to 9th floor is 25K to 1 lakh extra. Does it make sense to pay this premium? Alternatively which floor is best in a building?
  • If I buy on the 9th floor, I won't have to deal with any noise from above. But what about the heat? Will it be unbearable in Bangalore?
  • Any other tips, such as whether to buy a flat next to an elevator or not?

Thanks!
Old 26th November 2015, 19:13   #1769
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post

My questions regarding flat buying are:
  • There is a 25K premium for every floor after the 5th floor. So 6th to 9th floor is 25K to 1 lakh extra. Does it make sense to pay this premium? Alternatively which floor is best in a building?
  • If I buy on the 9th floor, I won't have to deal with any noise from above. But what about the heat? Will it be unbearable in Bangalore?
  • Any other tips, such as whether to buy a flat next to an elevator or not?

Thanks!
  • Personally prefer floors 5-6 at the max. My logic is that 5-6 floors is ok to climb in case of emergency (power shut down, generator issues, or lift issues). Beyond that it can be a challenge.
  • Would not recommend the top floor. During summers the heat dissipation that happens in the evening to early night can make the apartment stuffy and uncomfortable.
  • Flats with better ventilation (Corner Flats), pool/garden facing (where you can be sure the view will not change), less common walls with neighboring apartments (or common walls in less critical areas like guest bedroom or kitchen) are all factors to consider.
Old 26th November 2015, 19:27   #1770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
  • Personally prefer floors 5-6 at the max. My logic is that 5-6 floors is ok to climb in case of emergency (power shut down, generator issues, or lift issues). Beyond that it can be a challenge.
Exactly the information I was looking for! I hadn't thought of a power shutdown.

Is there any disadvantage to buying in say the 1st floor? I suppose mosquitoes might be one factor. If you were to select one floor, which one would it be? Right now the list seems to be pretty much open.

Since all the buildings seem to around the periphery of the plot, I am thinking of taking a corner flat that would face the inside which is green as per their layout, but I am not sure what it is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks