Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2020, 12:36   #2221
BHPian

Re: The Property / Real Estate Thread

Anyone invested in Embassy Edge project in Embassy Springs, Devanhalli, Bangalore. What are the long-term prospects?
Old 6th June 2020, 13:20   #2222
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Anyone invested in Embassy Edge project in Embassy Springs, Devanhalli, Bangalore. What are the long-term prospects?
I have property in a gated community next to this which I plan to disinvest. That has amenities and is well maintained. At present, the rates quoted on the Embassy site are in cloud cuckoo land and there is nothing there.

Might be a good long term bet if the proposed hardware and IT parks come up around there.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 13:22   #2223
Senior - BHPian

Any input on Total Environment project in Hennur? It's in the construction stage. Their JP nagar project is gathering dust, (so is Kanakapura). Asking price is still 1.2 Crore starting. (This enquiry is for a cousin who is planning to return from USA in Jan)

Last edited by Sebring : 6th June 2020 at 13:23.
Old 6th June 2020, 16:08   #2224
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Any input on Total Environment project in Hennur? It's in the construction stage. Their JP nagar project is gathering dust, (so is Kanakapura). Asking price is still 1.2 Crore starting. (This enquiry is for a cousin who is planning to return from USA in Jan)
Well designed, lovely layout but unless ready to occupy, think twice as TE always seem to deliver late due to cashflow constraints. They also build too many units too early. JP Nagar - not enough buyers at that level, Kanakpura Road- who wants to live there?
Old 6th June 2020, 17:56   #2225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Any input on Total Environment project in Hennur?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Well designed, lovely layout but unless ready to occupy, think twice as TE always seem to deliver late ?
Have you guys gone and seen the project? Its miles away from anything. And do remember that such a large project will take a decade to complete in full for you to truly enjoy living there. And until it does get completed, you will have to put up with all kinds of rubbish floating in and out.

I would stay away from such large township projects, including the embassy springs project which is quite similar on airport road. Instead look at a smaller, but well appointed tier 1 set up within the CBD areas of Bangalore. You will be ready to start living from day 1.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 19:04   #2226
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Have you guys gone and seen the project? Its miles away from anything. And do remember that such a large project will take a decade to complete in full for you to truly enjoy living there. And until it does get completed, you will have to put up with all kinds of rubbish floating in and out.

I would stay away from such large township projects, including the embassy springs project which is quite similar on airport road. Instead look at a smaller, but well appointed tier 1 set up within the CBD areas of Bangalore. You will be ready to start living from day 1.
Correct
I have seen the show flat in Whitefield but that project borders the NICE Road, nothing will comes there for yonks. JP Nagar is worth a look if ready to move in. Embassy Springs at 6000/sq ft is stupid when the Swisstown has complete layouts and facilities barely 1 km away for Rs 4500/sq ft.
Old 6th June 2020, 19:26   #2227
BHPian

Hi Red Liner,
Could you name a few good CBD apartments in North Bangalore? ( Either ready to move or < 10 years old). I see that most of them are near Hebbal ( Facing outer ring road or airport road). Imo these are not good residential locations. The ones you see in CBD are the so called builder floor apartments built on a large site. Not a fan of such buildings.
Old 6th June 2020, 20:47   #2228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Hi Red Liner,
Could you name a few good CBD apartments in North Bangalore? ( Either ready to move or < 10 years old). I see that most of them are near Hebbal ( Facing outer ring road or airport road). Imo these are not good residential locations. The ones you see in CBD are the so called builder floor apartments built on a large site. Not a fan of such buildings.
Do you have any specific areas and budget in mind? Which areas do you commute due to school and work etc? Orion mall area has lot of well established projects compared to other parts of Central Bangalore. If you have considered total environment quiet earth, then hennur main road has few large established projects. Like you pointed, large projects are preferred which rules out lot of Central areas that lack such projects.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 21:00   #2229
BHPian

Thanks for the response. No specific budget in mind. Location should be commutable to the school. (Palace road). Hennur etc, wont work due to the school. Which project near Orion mall you are referring to?. I liked phoenix one. But it doesn't meet my criteria of < 500 units in the complex. This one will have 900. So is brigade gateway ( 1200 units). It will be overcrowded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Do you have any specific areas and budget in mind? Which areas do you commute due to school and work etc? Orion mall area has lot of well established projects compared to other parts of Central Bangalore. If you have considered total environment quiet earth, then hennur main road has few large established projects. Like you pointed, large projects are preferred which rules out lot of Central areas that lack such projects.
Old 6th June 2020, 21:11   #2230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the response. No specific budget in mind. Location should be commutable to the school. (Palace road). Hennur etc, wont work due to the school. Which project near Orion mall you are referring to?. I liked phoenix one. But it doesn't meet my criteria of < 500 units in the complex. This one will have 900. So is brigade gateway ( 1200 units). It will be overcrowded.
There is no ground water in brigade gateway last I checked. Keep that in mind. The water being brought in is by tankers. Water should be your number two criteria after location to identify something. A Cauvery water line is a luxury well worth paying for.

You will have to do a little bit of leg work across the tier 1 builders. Just open up websites of prestige,Sobha, brigade, embassy, etc and run through all their projects by location. That will give you a good start point. Considering only you know which location in North BANGALORE you like, it will be very hard for anyone to suggest something for you.
Old 6th June 2020, 21:29   #2231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Palace road: you can try embassy habitat next to mount carmel college
Palace road/Cunningham road area has some nice projects with 30-50 units mostly by Embassy and Prestige.

Other options not too far from Palace road: ETA gardens, Mantri greens

Near Orion mall: renaissance park, renaissance temple bells, salarpuria sattva luxuria, etc.

Don't rule out Brigade gateway based on density, it has the added advantage of all the space available to residents during non-business hours. It is by far my favourite project in Bangalore - only drawback is that apartments are a bit small for that price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
There is no ground water in brigade gateway last I checked. Keep that in mind. The water being brought in is by tankers. Water should be your number two criteria after location to identify something. A Cauvery water line is a luxury well worth paying for.
I think Cauvery water is available to either small projects or individual houses. I could be wrong but most large projects are on their own as far as water is concerned. If corporation water is a priority, then older and smaller projects in central areas are the way to go.

Last edited by androdev : 6th June 2020 at 21:43.
androdev is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2020, 04:42   #2232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I think Cauvery water is available to either small projects or individual houses. I could be wrong but most large projects are on their own as far as water is concerned. If corporation water is a priority, then older and smaller projects in central areas are the way to go.
No no, if the water pipe already exists or iF BBMP has disclosed plans about laying said pipe to distribute cauvery water, your project will get it after paying BBMP the fees for it. That said, monster projects usually never come up in an area with cauvery water.

However, brigade metropolis in mahadev pura receives cauvery water. That project is as big if not bigger than gateway. Go figure...
Old 7th June 2020, 08:46   #2233
BHPian

Embassy habitat: Had visited. Looks very old.
Mantri greens: Had seen the photos. Looks old now. Great location though.
Salarpuria sattva luxuria: Had visited. Construction quality is average at best.
I will explore the rest of properties you mentioned. Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Palace road: you can try embassy habitat next to mount carmel college
Palace road/Cunningham road area has some nice projects with 30-50 units mostly by Embassy and Prestige.
Other options not too far from Palace road: ETA gardens, Mantri greens
Near Orion mall: renaissance park, renaissance temple bells, salarpuria sattva luxuria, etc.
Old 7th June 2020, 11:03   #2234
Senior - BHPian

Having scouted properties in Bangalore, Sobha always appears timeless. Just look for a Sobha Property closest to your preferred location
Quote:
Embassy habitat: Had visited. Looks very old. Mantri greens: Had seen the photos. Looks old now. Great location though.Salarpuria sattva luxuria: Had visited. Construction quality is average at best.I will explore the rest of properties you mentioned. Thanks a lot.
Old 8th June 2020, 12:43   #2235
BHPian

Hey,
I wanted to invest in a Coffee/ Tea estate in areas like Chikmagalore/ Kodagu/ Sakleshpura. As I am from Mysore and work in Bangalore, the idea is to take up an area that can be managed by dad and brother. preferably, lesser than 7 Acres to start with. Any suggestions/ leads on the same will help? Will COVID harm the rates to my advantage?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks