Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do sleeping passengers annoy you while you are driving?
Yes, quite a lot! 39 20.42%
No, it doesn't affect me. 153 80.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2007, 21:05   #16
BHPian

Sleeping passengers do not annoy me but do leave me a little worried. Worried that, because while driving if I have to make a sudden change in direction/slam on the brakes, the passengers in the back seat without the seat belts would be vulnerable.

My opinion only.

rev_hard
Old 6th August 2007, 21:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
Sleeping passengers do not annoy me but do leave me a little worried. Worried that, because while driving if I have to make a sudden change in direction/slam on the brakes, the passengers in the back seat without the seat belts would be vulnerable.

My opinion only.

rev_hard

thats why its better that they are belted up

i hate ppl chattering away in car , so ppl who sleep it is i find it distracts me from driving and i drive real slow when i have a gaggle of people in the car. close friends know me well enough that i dont talk while driving and they stay silent too hehe
Old 6th August 2007, 22:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

I prefer awake passenger in the front seat than a sleeping one because if i see someone sleeping besides me i to fell sleppy
Old 6th August 2007, 22:38   #19
BHPian

No problems with sleeping passengers - Front or Rear. You are left to your own thoughts and better concentration on the road.

Just be prudent not to drift off yourself
Old 6th August 2007, 22:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

As long as they are buckled up, its okay with me.
Old 6th August 2007, 23:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

I dont mind having sleeping passengers, when i am driving. Infact my dad loves to sit in the front passenger seat and doze off, only iff I am driving else he would be alert if someone else is driving.

P.S. I drive so leisurely that most of the passengers eventually fall asleep. One condition that they allow me to put the boom boom music in the car.
Old 6th August 2007, 23:13   #22
BHPian

Never bothers me one bit. I am so focussed on the road, that it does not matter. I can be entirely alone, or there may be a car load of sleeping passengers. Thats fine with me. If the road is empty, I shall be speeding along, eyes rivetted on the road. If the road is potholed, I shall again be wary of falling in, so again no effect of passengers. Only if there is a car load of noisy boisterous revellers, I may be a little distracted.
Old 6th August 2007, 23:16   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

The passenger should be silent - sleeping, dancing, sitting, exercising. That way I get to enjoy the drive peacefully.
Old 6th August 2007, 23:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

An ignorant sleeping passenger ( front & rear) will make it very difficult for a spirited driver. If the driver is sedate like a cab driver (which is good) makes no difference. I like my passenger to be a little chatty if not totally sleepy, of course you do tend to make up a lot of time when there is no one to chat to. it is 75:25 towards a sleepy passenger, in my 1L kms of driving which is very less compared to the many L of kms people have completed here. cheers
Old 6th August 2007, 23:38   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

I do politely request my passengers to talk in English for my sake.

But it's a tough thing to impose on a carload of tamilians --- and I try not to complain. The solution is, after all, in my own hands.
Old 6th August 2007, 23:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I do politely request my passengers to talk in English for my sake.

But it's a tough thing to impose on a carload of tamilians --- and I try not to complain. The solution is, after all, in my own hands.
I do agree with this, since i have done a lot of driving in Karnataka with my friends' families & they tend to chatter away in some unknown dialect in kannada which sort of irritates me, but i had no choice but to be courteous & continue with my driving. But I really really hated those drives, only to enjoy the destination which was always mercara or virajpet or gonikoppal. so, i guess it is even stevens.
Old 7th August 2007, 00:05   #27
BHPian

it's bad, esp when everyone else is sleeping and you're dead tired... and you dont want to stop driving because you want to get home. but you also want to pull over at the side of the road and grab a couple of winks...

plus the C02 content inside the car increases and you've got a higher chance of falling asleep when everyone else around you is asleep
Old 7th August 2007, 00:05   #28
BHPian

Infact I'm happy sometimes the passengers are sleeping that way I can drive peacefully. There's been exceptions however when i've been out driving with friends over lond distances and those guys would just doze off leaving me driving unentertained but other than that i'm happy!
Old 7th August 2007, 00:17   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I dont care what the passenger does as long as I'm driving ....
same here mate....i too dont care what the passenger are up to as long as i am the one driving
Old 7th August 2007, 00:32   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
plus the C02 content inside the car increases and you've got a higher chance of falling asleep when everyone else around you is asleep

Actually breathing rate decreases during sleeping accounting for lesser CO2. Technically then the cleanest air is when every passenger is sleeping !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks