Team-BHP - Do sleeping passengers annoy you while you are driving?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Do sleeping passengers annoy you while you are driving? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/27252-do-sleeping-passengers-annoy-you-while-you-driving.html)

Ok, something very popular yet I don't seem to recollect it being discussed here.

I did a lot of travelling in the last 3 weeks. Covered 4000kms + in about 7 days with all the passengers in the car asleep for almost 85% of the journey. Now comes the question, do sleeping passengers annoy you a lot? Or is all you need some peace and nice music to drive?

I would rather have sleeping passengers than someone who keeps talking my head off.

Only if the sleeping passenger is in the front seat.. especially when their heads are lolling from side to side.. :)

Obviously. I'm not a taxi driver. Fun trip or family trip, I can't have everyone nodding off. What if I also fall asleep? :-)

One or two nodding off for sometime is ok, but not everyone most of the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno (Post 523570)
I would rather have sleeping passengers than someone who keeps talking my head off.

true. agree:

i don't need company when driving, they better be sleeping.

Same here.As long as the music is playing its fine.

Even I like them sleeping, strapped up that is. So they cant comment or start some back seat driving.
Unless I am driving during night where I need a front seat passenger who is awake.

I prefer sleeping passengers to my mom's edict:
The driver just concentrates on the road and drives. He doesn't chat - he isn't allowed to. For the family good.

Everyone else can indulge their whims! :(

So, Sleeping passengers for me!

I prefer sleeping passengers in fact, especially during night journey, I prefer music and peace!!

For me it completely depends on the people travelling with me.

Lets say my folks are travelling with me and some-one sleeps in the co-drivers seat, I absolutely have no problems and would continue to drive witout complaining.

When my lady is travelling and if she falls asleep(she generally doesnt coz she knows I hate it when she is around) I stop driving and ask her to freshen up.

Hence have voted for both :D .

I voted YES but as is often the case could just as easily have said no.

I don't mind my passenger having a quick nap, on a short journey. But on a long journey, particularly at night, it seems to fill the car with sleepiness, and that's dangerous!

Sleeping passengers make me drive softer, which is a good thing. Then, I do send them to the backseat.

On long drives, I also like stretching a bit on the backseat.

I dont care what the passenger does as long as I'm driving - you can sleep or read or watch movies on a dvd screen, but you CANT SNORE!

I don't really mind either but I prefer some nice music & silence in the car when it comes to long drives. Since I regularly do long stretches (weekly that is) it doesn't really make any difference as to whether I'm alone or with people who're dozing off.

Oh I love sleeping passengers (if atleast one is awake) and start making them nod from side to side in unison!