Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Will you let others drive your car ?
No way. Only over my dead body. 34 21.94%
Oh yes. What's the big deal ? It's just a machine. 6 3.87%
Depends on who asks for the keys 115 74.19%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2005, 20:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Tubelight!! It took you 1 month and 25 days to comment on that? LOL

Shan2nu

yeah - coz i had guessed wat was inside and i was dreading to open the thread !
Old 15th February 2005, 21:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yeah - coz i had guessed wat was inside and i was dreading to open the thread !
Better late than never eh!! Good for you.

Shan2nu
Old 16th February 2005, 21:50   #18
Awaiting Email Confirmation

hmm all of us are definitely possessive about our cars its just the degrees of possessiveness that we differ in... well in my case its to the max,let alone drivin'i wont let ne1 friggin' sit on the back.
Old 16th February 2005, 22:27   #19
BHPian

holla

Onli A Few Get To Drive My Car.....U Treat A Car Like Ur Gurlfren.....The Badder U Treat It The Crankier It Gets
Old 16th February 2005, 22:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Possesive...but not obssesive...not many people have driven my car.

Drifter
Old 16th February 2005, 23:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

I hate my baby being driven by anybody else. But I have to compromise when the other person is really important to me.

The guys whom i never trust are drivers whose business is driving. During my wedding, my Dad's driver took my car and banged the left door to a two wheeler.
Old 16th February 2005, 23:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The guys whom i never trust are drivers whose business is driving
What about Michael Schumacher? Don't you trust him? LOL

Shan2nu
Old 17th February 2005, 14:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
What about Michael Schumacher? Don't you trust him? LOL

Shan2nu
Well yeah, aftre he's done wid his laps. his car's are not usable
Old 17th February 2005, 21:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

I too am possesive of my scooter, cos everyone hops on and gets carried away, and I have to keep telling them to keep it at or below 50, i hate to see it getting revved WAY too high.
I almost got a heart attack when one of my friends, having taken it for a joride, comes back weaving above 40 in a narrow street and skid-stops the thing, with a burning smell emanating from it. I give him a piece of my mind, yeah I do!!
Old 9th August 2007, 10:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

How possessive are you about your car ?

Inspiration for creating this thread came from the following posts that are part of the thread-on-dragging-tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
give the car to me & I will show you in real time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
Thats never gonna happen john.
Just wondering how possessive tbhp-ians are about their car. Like n_aditya, I also cannot imagine someone else driving my car.

In the 2.5 years that I have had my car, the only other person to drive it was my Dad and that too like a TD for a few kms. Ofcourse, even if I wanted to, I could not say no to him, given that I have been driving his cars for so many years.

On the other hand we have guys on the forum who have no qualms in handing over their car keys to friends. And mind you, not just for normal driving, but even on track. Something unimaginable for me.

Just wanted to know the general trend @tbhp. Just 2 poll options :
- you wont let anyone drive your car.
- i dont really care about that.

@Mods, I did do a search to find an existing thread, but could not manage to sift through the tonnes of pages that the search engine spewed out in response to my keywords. Do merge/modify/delete if thread already exists.
Old 9th August 2007, 10:44   #26
Senior - BHPian

It depends on the person who is asking for (whoever it may be). If I like the persons attitude (i.e treat the car as your own,) is good, I really don't care even if he/she is a newbie.

There are instances where my car got scratched by my friends & I even dont bother to ask them how and where did it happened.

Last edited by Surprise : 9th August 2007 at 10:45.
Old 9th August 2007, 10:46   #27
Team-BHP Support

I had to put up with a cold war from both my own brother as well as wifey as i refused to hand over the car keys to them.

News about the same also reached home, and my relatives started questioning me about it.

Only time i was forced to hand over the car keys to someone else was during my maiden long distance trip. My best buddy was asked to take over by my wife, who thought i was driving too slow and rather TOO carefully, and possibly tired too. After driving like a madman for some time my buddy finally handed the keys back to me, as he couldnt bear to see me sulking.
Old 9th August 2007, 10:51   #28
BANNED

Hi,

I am very possesive about my car but would not mind handing the keys to someone I know who most importanly treats his own cars well & maintains them and knows how to control it.

If they dont maintain and respect their own cars no way on earth will they get the keys to mine.

Viper
Old 9th August 2007, 10:51   #29
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

A good topic I must say.

Fortunately I used to belong to that category who used to throw my keys to anyone who wanted to drive my car. For me, it was hard to say "NO" to anyone who asked the keys to my car (provided they know driving well). I have lost a count on number of people who have driven my car on roads mostly TBHPians only. Some have even driven on track.

However, after spending an awful lot of money on the engine and other works on the car I somehow seem to have made up my mind not to carry on the above mentioned practice anymore. Now, I refuse to give the keys to my car to anyone except my dad. Maybe I may give them to someone at odd times to get a feedback on the car. But, I have refused the best of friends recently. And have had to hear some nasty things from them as well.

Maybe its got to do with the fact that not many will respect your love for the car or look at it as their one time chance at a thrill. When I say car has to be idled for 10mins every morning, some drive off without bothering to my words (saying why you need to idle). When I say don't push the car I cannot have the Neova's destroyed, people will do burn outs saying how does it matter you have so many spare tires at home anyway. And so on.

Fact of the matter is, I am comfortable giving any of my stock cars or mildly modded cars to any of my friends provided they can drive well. Not otherwise. The current state my baleno is in, I wouldn't let anyone drive it.
I know I am going to get a lot of stick when some of my close friends read this. But, thats the way it is. AHA aha .
Old 9th August 2007, 10:52   #30
BHPian

I hate to give my vehicle for TD even. The only two exceptions in my past 8 years are my elder brother ( he is a better driver to me) and one of my best buddy ( I was not happy, but then it was a long whole night driving, and I wanted rest.)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks