Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2008, 21:13   #151
Team-BHP Support

Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit
Their main aim is to sell more guns and ammunition. For that they will arm the entire US, and they look to be succeeding.
Actually, that's not quite true and discussing U.S. war policy will take this discussion far off-topic.
The U.S. Government doesn't sell weapons, it buys them from private sellers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
So Texas is like the Bihar of the US.
No, please don't misunderstand.
Texas is a perfectly normal state, with respectable citizens - I was referring to that part of the populace that would love to bring back the old times.
I have family and friends living in Texas, perfectly happy and safe, for the past so many years.

The Southerners are well known for hospitality, and also for their spicy food.

There are parts of Indian cities (eg. Mumbai, Pune, Nashik, Chennai, New Delhi), and American cities (eg. New York, Baltimore, Chicago) where I wouldn't want to take tourists too - that doesn't make them bad cities now, does it?

Anyways, let's not turn this into a U.S. bashing session.
Old 27th June 2008, 23:51   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
India is the murder capital of the world
  1. India (32,719) 17.01% of world population
  2. Russia (28,904), 2.13%
  3. Colombia (26,539), 0.66%
  4. South Africa (21,995), 0.72%
  5. Mexico (13,829), 1.6%
  6. United States (12,658) 4.56%
With guns, it will surely gain an unassailable lead.
Don't be so hard on India. These western wannabe journalists have to report on India per the western world view. Did you read the article? Just a few words into it there is mention of caste, communalism, dowry deaths and honor killings. What nonsense! This is just western garbage to make Indians ashamed of their own culture and society. Sure we have problems, who doesn't. And we will solve them if the west would butt out.

The list also mentions Colombia, & Mexico. These murders are due to drug wars, that include Brazil, Guatamala, and much of Central and South America. Drug wars to supply drugs for the the good old USA and other Western (economically developed) countries. So who is the real culprit? Oh the list also does not mention the estimated 1 million casualties of George Bush's Iraq adventure.

What about China? It is somehow absent from your little self-bashing list. They are the #1 murder capital of the world. This is of course if you include murders & executions by the government. But that won't be found on any list, since the Chinese have a air-tight control on information coming out of there.
Old 4th July 2008, 17:28   #153
BHPian

Guys, I am buying an airgun tomorrow. My budget is 2-3 k.

Long time back, my grandpa bought an airgun from apollo arms near shanti theater on mount road. I plan to go there first.
I also read this article. Apparently, there is a "gun street" in Chennai. Sydenhams Road.
Gun Street of Chennai - www.chennaibest.com

Any recommendations? Any body knows a gun dealer in Chennai?
Old 4th July 2008, 21:34   #154
BHPian

You guys should see the documentary "Bowling for Columbine" by Michael Moore (the same guy who made Fahrenheit 9/11 amongst others).

He has done a comparison between gun violence in the US and Canada and came out with astonishing results.
He took two border cities (Detroit and Windsor) and compared the crime rates and violence in both and the attitude of people towards guns.

And surprisingly enough, Canada has more no. of guns per 100 people than the US and their gun violence related incidents are less than 1/10th of the US (taking into account the population factor as well).

What that means is that if responsible people have guns, there should not be any unnecessary violence.
Old 17th February 2009, 14:57   #155
BANNED

Tit for Tat:

Tit for Tat:

Industrialist Raj Bahadur Singh and his father Prem Pal Singh had rushed to Sahibabad locality of Ghaziabad district, on the outskirts of the national capital, after being called by the driver of the truck that had hit a Honda City. The driver claimed that the car's owner, Bijendra Singh, had beaten him up.

On reaching the site of the accident, Raj Bahadur pulled out a pistol and brandished it to frighten Bijendra who instead responded by pulling out his own licensed pistol and pumping four bullets into the industrialist's chest, said Ghaziabad superintendent of police Anant Dev.

Man-shot-dead-in-Ghaziabad-road-rage

BTW, Raj Bahadur was one of the biggest drinking water suppliers in the area and ran a water purifying plant in Lajpat Nagar area of Sahibabad.
diabloo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2009, 11:15   #156
Senior - BHPian

And it happens again in US
11 Dead, Including Gunman, in Ala. Rampage - washingtonpost.com

"Have gun, will shoot".
Old 7th June 2009, 13:28   #157
Team-BHP Support

The air rifle/gun thread - pics, reviews, acquisitions etc

Please post all your queries, pics and reviews of air rifles/guns in this thread. I have a query - has anybody imported any air rifles in India. If yes please let us know the procedure to do so.

@Mods - please remove if the thread is inappropriate.
Old 7th June 2009, 13:56   #158
BANNED

Embargo enforced, no new imports post 80's!
I guess only ones with valid permission from Govt. & into rifle shooting/sports can import.
I had a Bruno .22 & a Colt .32, but committed the biggest mistake of selling them.
Old 7th June 2009, 14:04   #159
Senior - BHPian

I have a BSA air rifle. I haven't really heard of anyone importing these in recent times. Here in Bombay, there are gun shops in the town (South Bombay) area and they would have a decent collection.
Old 7th June 2009, 19:44   #160
Senior - BHPian

You can bring in air weapons.

Plenty of information at : Indians For Guns • Index page
Old 3rd July 2009, 04:38   #161
Senior - BHPian

I am contemplating on buying a new air rifle .22 calibre soon.any suggestions?presently looking forward for IHP national 35 .22 or a calcutta make "cannon 35" .
Already have a .177 air rifle which has rusted after I left it for few years.Thinking of swapping it for a new one.

Does Shops still sells "imported" rifles like diana etc in kochi?
regards,
DC
Old 3rd July 2009, 14:59   #162
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I am contemplating on buying a new air rifle .22 calibre soon.any suggestions?presently looking forward for IHP national 35 .22 or a calcutta make "cannon 35" .
Already have a .177 air rifle which has rusted after I left it for few years.Thinking of swapping it for a new one.

regards,
DC
Deepclutch -

I just got the IHP NAtional 35 .22 air rifle - good piece and you could consider going in for one - I also happened to see the Calcutta make (Tommy??) but they seem to have overdone the aesthetics and its kind of odd to look at .

What helps is that IHP is based out of Ahmedabad so I could go to the factory itself. I know people in Ahmedabad who sell Dianas but they are not new and there is no guaranteed inventory as such - come and go.

Cheers,
AVR
Old 7th July 2009, 03:24   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post

regards,
DC
Yes, you can be a proud owner of diana in india and that too brand new in box You need to sign in to view the air rifles sale in the forsale section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Please post all your queries, pics and reviews of air rifles/guns in this thread. I have a query - has anybody imported any air rifles in India. If yes please let us know the procedure to do so.

@Mods - please remove if the thread is inappropriate.
You can import .177 cal air pistol & air rifle duty free through courier if you are a member of District/State or National Rifle Club.
Check this link for Govt. Notification. The Gun Geek - Custom duty exempted on Air guns of .177 cal.

and this link for Tips of Air rifle import The Gun Geek - Tips -Air Rifle Import by Post/Courier

I have personally imported One Diana 350 magnum and Walther CP88 Co2 air pistol both in .177 calibre.

Check a few pics of my walther cp88 Co2 Air Pistol

Hope This Helps....

Danish

Danish

Last edited by GTO : 18th December 2009 at 19:19.
Old 20th May 2010, 14:12   #164
BHPian

Even I am interested in getting a license free air gun/rifle.Though I am not interested in any replicas.Any idea where can I get a air-gun(not requiring a license) in Bangalore???
Old 20th May 2010, 15:22   #165
Senior - BHPian

In Bangalore if you go to Kalasipalayam side you can see many gun shops and they have air guns and rifles. I forgot the name of the street, but its near the police station.

Clever, in Trivandrum there is Twins Armoury at Thampanoor and there was another shop, Jacobs at Aristo Jn i guess they wound up. Not sure if they have replicas for sale. I picked up an air pistol from Jacobs in 1995.

Last edited by Sankar : 20th May 2010 at 15:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks