Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2007, 14:38   #1
BHPian

Wanted: Old Honda City 1.5 EXi/VTEC (2002,2003)

Hi guys!

I am from Kolkata and would like to buy a OHC 1.5/VTEC preferrably a 2002/2003 model as my first car.

If any member from kolkata would like to sell their OHC please let me know (though i have a doubt anybody would like to part with theirs)

Cheers
Dhiman
Old 9th August 2007, 14:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

@Dhiman, welcome to T-BHP.
Have you checked with Windsor Honda and Imperial Honda ? They might charge slightly more, but you should get good cars.
Old 9th August 2007, 17:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
@Dhiman, welcome to T-BHP.
Have you checked with Windsor Honda and Imperial Honda ? They might charge slightly more, but you should get good cars.
I agree, anyday its safer to buy from them!
Old 9th August 2007, 17:40   #4
BHPian

Thanks shuvc, lohithrao

I will try them out. I was not sure if i should use the dealer route because for 1 - I dont know if most of them are 'trustworthy' 2 - I will have to spend a lot more!

Any approximate figures as to how much i will have to shell out if i were to opt for a 23-03 make 1.5/VXI from a dealer?

Thanks.
Old 9th August 2007, 18:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Here at bangalore you will get a good 1.5 for about 4. i think buying from Honda authorised guys would be anyday safer.

If you can do a direct deal nothing like it but again you should know that person.

Do keep in mind few stuffs like along with Tyres get the Suspensions and the windscreen checked. Ohc doesnt have a great suspension and it would not last more then 50k kms depending on the usage.

Check WS for scartches
Old 9th August 2007, 18:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

2003 Vtec could cost you over 4. Don't go for a 2002 Vtec - have read on this forum that pre-2003 models had some low speed knocking.

But do get a Vtec. That's one thing missing in the current Kolkata T-BHP group .
Old 9th August 2007, 20:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to teambhp Dhiman. Try the big used dealers viz. Speed INC, Motorcade, Road Rage. If you find an OHC, tell them that you'll get the car checked by the A.S.S. In fact, demand this. All the best!

The Calcutta gang keeps growing!

Last edited by shuvd : 9th August 2007 at 20:39.
Old 9th August 2007, 21:13   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team BHP Dhiman! How about a more detailed intro?
Old 10th August 2007, 10:19   #9
BHPian

shuvd, shuvc , razor4077 - Thanks!
Posted a intro - it will come up once the moderator has screened it maybe.
Old 10th August 2007, 11:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Ohc doesnt have a great suspension and it would not last more then 50k kms depending on the usage.
While it's true that the OHC suspension is no great shakes, it's not that bad either. If the car is driven well & well cared for the suspension usually gives out around the 80k-1Lk kms mark. But yes, it is something to inspect carefully when buying a used car apart from many other things.

Do a search on the forum Dhiman, I believe I have posted a detailed list of what all to watch out for when buying a used OHC.
Old 20th July 2009, 11:00   #11
BHPian

1.3 Exi OHC/2002 June model/25k km

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Here at bangalore you will get a good 1.5 for about 4. i think buying from Honda authorised guys would be anyday safer.

If you can do a direct deal nothing like it but again you should know that person.

Do keep in mind few stuffs like along with Tyres get the Suspensions and the windscreen checked. Ohc doesnt have a great suspension and it would not last more then 50k kms depending on the usage.

Check WS for scartches
Hi OHC lovers,

Its been long time I was in search and trying to get hold of OHC type II (2000 -2003 models). My wish list included Heather Mist color (best color per me for OHC), single owner, preferably driven less than 50k, that's it.

Finally have come across a Single owner 1.3 Exi OHC/2002 June model/25k km driven/comp insure -June 2010/Heather Mist color/bangalore registration.

Its in stock condition, even the casette stereo player is still there.

Car I felt and per se I believe is geniune 25k km run, since the brake while I felt firm for that km, and tyres also said so. Anyway that I will confirm from a mechanic, if possible Honda guy only and rest all including suspension, if any thing hit from bottom or hit on gearbox and oil sump.

No body dents and blemishes, except a small dot on left front door caused by some two wheeler and little paint touch required on left portion of front bumper.

Now coming to most juicy part, money matters.

Owner has been mostly abroad, so only the less km driven. Asking price was 4 lakh, and now as a final offer is 3.5 lakh, else he plans to take it to mumbai.

I initially quoted 2.75 lakh, now he has given me one more chance to bid the final offer. My mind says nothing more than 2.90 lakh or max of 2.95 lakh in case some negotiation goes on.

Honda lovers, admirers, exclusive and proud honda owners, I don't know its been a craze to get a OHC from the time I knew about honda engines, rev's, 90 -100 bhp at your disposal, I been madly in love for OHC.

I prank for my mad towards Honda, rather thank T BHP for all that information I got regarding Honda.

So let me know what should be a right offer assuming that 25k km is genuine, which I will confirm this weekend. Before that appreciate your valuable suggestions, comments and the correct offer I can make to this guy.

Thanks
prsn

Most Viewed