Team-BHP - Team-Bhp flooding your email? Solution posted here!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Team-Bhp flooding your email? Solution posted here! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/27493-team-bhp-flooding-your-email-solution-posted-here.html)

I have been bombarded with emails from Team-Bhp this morning about threads that i have posted.
I haven't subscribed to any of these threads only posted on them, how can i cut this emailing feature off.

Same has been happening to me as well. What's wrong ? And it's happening just after i logged into Team-BHP. From 10.00am in the morning when i logged in, i have received around 50 emails in 12 minutes.

Same here. been bombarded with emails about threads that I havent subscribed too. Rest assured, we are looking into this and should be done soon. In the meanwhile - please unsubscribe yourselves from all threads using your USER CP.

Same here, Mods, any clues to get rid of this subscribed thread mails?

To unsubscribe, follow these steps:

Go to User CP>Edit Options>
On that page, you will find a "Default Thread Subscription Mode"
There is a selection box. Select "do not subscribe".

Problem solved. If it was a real problem!

I think some error has been introduced, All threads in which you have posted recently have automatically got subscribed, You can do the following to delete it.

1. Go to user CP
2. click on List Subscription
3. click the Notification check box
4. Select Delete Subscription from the drop down box.

Same with me too. I thought i may have unknowingly subscribed to some of these threads through some harmless clicking around. Now i see its a generic issue.

Meanwhile, i shall do as Gautam has mentioned above.

it happened last week then became ok automatically, or is it going to my junk folder?? ill check

Same here still lot of emails are coming, I am receiving emails from T Bhp saying I have subscribed for subscription of threads and new comment posted in those threads.

I feel something went wrong in TBHP system either of these things:

1. I went to my panel in tbhp and surprised to see I have subscribed for many threads but in reality i am not. so something went wrong with in thsi area :)

2. Email sending system of TBHP is sending emails to members of TBHP who involved in the threads although they have not susbcribed for it.

3. Even If members have not subscribed for the thread system is tagging them as subscribed.

I feel for the threads members have commented from last 1 week this issue is happening.

Regards,

Ravi.

PS I usually have similar situation with the systems I maintain worldwide with emails once in 7 months time. Its something to do with email engine malfunction or system programming issue.

I just removed myself from subscription.

But this problem is new, can we somehow disable automatically for everyone? I am sure, I did not subscribe myself. Got enrolled into subscription in a mysterious way :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 530638)
To unsubscribe, follow these steps:

Go to User CP>Edit Options>
On that page, you will find a "Default Thread Subscription Mode"
There is a selection box. Select "do not subscribe".

Problem solved. If it was a real problem!

Have just deleted 76 subscriptions from the list. hope that will resolve the problem.

edit: as i typed out this post, i have been automatically subscribed to this thread.

I had deleted all subscription and now I aded comment in this thread and psot number #9 and by the time I added comment this thread got subscribed automatically.

So there is setting I guess moment we comment the thread it gets subscibed.

Regards,

Ravi.

Quote:

edit: as i typed out this post, i have been automatically subscribed to this thread.
Did you "save changes" after you selected the Do not subscribe option? It's working fine for me.

I think something went wrong with a recent minor upgrade or some batch processing done recently. Something has changed the default settings for Notifications for all the users. I just logged in to settings and saw the notifications are configured for weekly updates. I set it no messages.

I clcked unsubscribe this thread and now its not there in User CP, so I guess next time if I see any threads as subscribed where I have not in reality I will look for save changes since I could not remember save changes option there :)

Thank you,

Ravi.