Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2007, 21:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

There is a 1997 Gypsy King (gas-converted) available in Chennai : I went and looked up the vehicle, it had 70K on the odo, and was in reasonable shape. It must be one of the first Kings, I guess, with carburretor Esteem engine. But the seller is expecting Rs.2.25lakhs, which I think is a little too much a 1997 model vehicle. I would think Rs. 1-1.5 lakhs would be right for it. Any thoughts ?
Old 30th September 2007, 22:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

There were some ads for Safari/Gypsy in the classified section of Hindu today : I called up a couple of them , and found that the Petrol Safari, is still available , but now at 2.8L.............I think that is a steal, considering that it has only 50K on the odo.
Old 30th September 2007, 22:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

There is a black Safari Petrol, with madurai Number plates for sale in Chennai. I happen to know that the engine had seized and was temporarily/badly repaired. Stay away from it.
Old 1st October 2007, 23:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanx for the info , Jyobeb. This Safari is a Chennai registered vehicle (of course it could have been re-registered), and it is company maintained, i was told. Do you have any other info about that vehicle (for eg. 2WD or 4WD)
Old 2nd October 2007, 14:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Thanx for the info , Jyobeb. This Safari is a Chennai registered vehicle (of course it could have been re-registered), and it is company maintained, i was told. Do you have any other info about that vehicle (for eg. 2WD or 4WD)
It is a 2WD. You cannot re-register a TN vehicle in TN itself, so I guess we are talking different cars.
Old 2nd October 2007, 23:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

The one that I saw was also 2WD. I thought it should be possible to re-register a TN vehicle in TN : for eg., if there is change in owner location or need to get a new number?
Old 4th October 2007, 09:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey headers, I didnt know about this trip to Pulicat? How was it? and where do you put up the info about such meets? I would be interested in joining the next one.
Quote:
There is a 1997 Gypsy King (gas-converted) available in Chennai : I went and looked up the vehicle, it had 70K on the odo, and was in reasonable shape. It must be one of the first Kings, I guess, with carburretor Esteem engine. But the seller is expecting Rs.2.25lakhs, which I think is a little too much a 1997 model vehicle. I would think Rs. 1-1.5 lakhs would be right for it. Any thoughts ?
My source for Info is NITROUS..

A good gypsy king can fetch any price..depends on how much the buyer is willing to shell out..

BTW..if you are talking of a Red Gypsy King in T nagar area..well stay away from it !!
Old 4th October 2007, 09:27   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Please PM the thread starter with any further leads.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed