Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2007, 17:58   #16

My opinion

Hi,

The number of maruti service centres and other options are unlimited. But do a analysis of the situation and it may look impossible to find your car this way. Why do you rule out the possibility that the current owner might be living in different part of the country.

In my opinion, the number of general insurance companies in India is very limited. Go to their local offices and tell them you have a maruti car and would want the insurance to be renewed. They'll ask for the registration number..give them that and if they have the car insured with them..you'll be able to see the address details of the current owner on their screen. The chance though that the car being insured is 60% only but this is just an another idea that might work for you.

Regards,

----------------------------
No car
No bike
Just loads of love for them
Old 4th September 2007, 18:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Use Donu-bhai (palm greasing) or Influ-bhai (Contacts) within the RTO.....will work wonders. They are very precise in maintaining records.
Name trasfer was not effected, hence RTO records will only show the thread initiator address

It's very difficult to find it out.

One option is check with the insurance company, where u insured the car then, to check out whether the insurance has been renewed year after year to get the current owner address.
Old 4th September 2007, 18:20   #18
BHPian

all the best my brother, that is what i call loving your car,

Insurance co. they are few and easier to share info.
i can help please let me know, my brother works in insurance company pm the info i will try to find it for you..
God bless

Manu
Old 4th September 2007, 18:23   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Well guys..

@invincible7, bill1182, mobike008: I do not want to give an ad in a local newspaper, because I want this to be a surprise gift for my dad...if he gets to know that I am looking for that car, it will spoil the surprise...and as moralfibre said, it will make the owner quote a high price.

Gopi, I liked your idea, buddy, that would be a nice surprise! Good luck to you.
Old 4th September 2007, 19:55   #20
BANNED

Tell us the registration number of the car. Since i had an 86 Maruti i used to keep a watch out for the same model 800s and if I or anyone else here spot it on the road we will be able to let you know.
Old 4th September 2007, 20:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

hey, looking in maruti service centres is useless according to me as, the person eho bought a sec hand 800 is . very less likely to use the authorized service center for a 22yr old cal, and may look at cheaper options. As said earlier, the insurance company seems to be the best bet. Also try scouting around in the area wer u say the buyer was. The neighbours may be able to help u. (i don know how big that place is!!)
Btw.. great idea for a gift dude! all the best in finding her. pls post the reg number here!!
Old 4th September 2007, 21:00   #22
BHPian

This should turn out to be an interesting quest. Do keep us posted.

Look at the bright side of it all: once you find the car and buy it back, it will still be in your name!

Good luck!

Last edited by airfoil : 4th September 2007 at 21:13.
Old 4th September 2007, 21:39   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil View Post
This should turn out to be an interesting quest. Do keep us posted.

Look at the bright side of it all: once you find the car and buy it back, it will still be in your name!

Good luck!
The insurance company idea seems to be the best option, Begin searching and i really hope u get your car back soon. Will be a priceless gift to your dad.

All the Best !!!!
Old 4th September 2007, 22:12   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
One option is check with the insurance company, where u insured the car then, to check out whether the insurance has been renewed year after year to get the current owner address.

Thats an idea. But do insurance cos insure cars that are older than 10 years and out of production at that ?
Old 4th September 2007, 23:26   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Thats an idea. But do insurance cos insure cars that are older than 10 years and out of production at that ?
Yes they do if it has a valid FC. I renewed my old maruti's insurance before i sold it off.
Old 5th September 2007, 10:01   #26
BANNED

All vehicles should have a valid insurance policy in respect of the vehicle before taking them on road. The policy need not be in the name of the registered owner. Start from the branch where the vehicle was last insured.
Since the vehicle was 15 years old when sold, and the registration is not changed, I expect the vehicle to have been scrapped. Sorry, but that is 85% likely. Look at the 15% side though.
Old 5th September 2007, 10:17   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianbull View Post
Hi,

The number of maruti service centres and other options are unlimited. But do a analysis of the situation and it may look impossible to find your car this way. Why do you rule out the possibility that the current owner might be living in different part of the country.

In my opinion, the number of general insurance companies in India is very limited. Go to their local offices and tell them you have a maruti car and would want the insurance to be renewed. They'll ask for the registration number..give them that and if they have the car insured with them..you'll be able to see the address details of the current owner on their screen. The chance though that the car being insured is 60% only but this is just an another idea that might work for you.

good idea INDIANBULL,

hey gopz, u can post ur car's registration number here in this forum, we may help..... ask mods for the special permission buddy, this is for good cause -----"I want this to be a surprise gift for my dad..."
Old 5th September 2007, 10:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

The car, if not already scrapped, would have changed multiple hands (Most likely). It would also be uninsured. Folks who do not bother to transfer the car in their name would also not get the same insured.

Legally you are still the owner of the car and if the car is involved in any accident you will be put to blame. Do you have the details of the buyer - Name, Phone number, address etc. Try that to start with and trace your car at the earliest. If you can't trace take legal advice.

This brings up a good discussion thread on how important registration transfer is. It is always best to sell to a person whom you know or who will finally use the car. Most people who come looking out for cars based on the ad in the paper are brokers or used car dealers. These folks do not get the registration transferred right away but sell the car to the highest paying party. They would not even ensure that the registrations are transferred.
Old 5th September 2007, 10:36   #29
BHPian

Thanks for all the responses guys...is there anyone here who knows someone personally in MUL service stations like Mandovi, Sagar, Solar, RNS etc, who can find out the info?

When we had sold it off, it was approx 10 year old car and chances are that atleast once they might have got it serviced at MUL authorised centers.

I too fear that the car might have been scrapped...

@mssharma_79 has been kind enough and said that he has contacts with insurance companies, he will try to find out for me! Lets hope I find it..

btw, the regn number is CAV 142. If anyone spots it in Bangalore....guys please get me the address/contact number of the owner!
Old 5th September 2007, 11:38   #30
BHPian

Cool, will look out for that number..

Most Viewed