Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2007, 20:30   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
I have a corporate connection but i did not get this as a corporate deal. You can just call the customer care and tell that your friend has this scheme and you would like to avail that. They provide it. One of my friend did the same way.
Thanks - will give it a shot. What speeds do you get and what is the reliability?

Do you connect your mobile to your laptop with cable or via BT?
Old 15th September 2007, 08:25   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
Thanks - will give it a shot. What speeds do you get and what is the reliability?

Do you connect your mobile to your laptop with cable or via BT?
I have tried via both, but it is better with data cable. Good enough to check mails and browse sites.
Old 15th September 2007, 14:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

I have been using reliance datacard on my mobile ( for the last 14 months or so ), I love it !! Its probably 1/5th the speed of my broaband at home . I have used it at airports, on highways, anywhere in India. it is perfect. I also know Airtel has come out with a data card - which I have heard is also very good.

Best part about reliance is that I have once used it in Manali & many times in Mussoorie. ( it worked very well ) - I thought it would not work well in hill stations. I pay 650 pm for 1 gb ( sufficient for me as I don download songs )
Old 16th September 2007, 12:10   #19
BHPian

i have used TATA Indicom data card as well as the Airtel Datacard (one nearly 1 1/2 year ago) and I found TATA to be much better than Airtel, have heard that the USB modem from TATA is also very very handy, use it anywhere you like for eg. laptop of course but during those bad days of broadband downtime you can very well use it with your pc and that is the best part about it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks