Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2007, 17:21   #1
BHPian

A question to Mods

I just find that some of the members just want to post for the 'heck of it' - you know what I mean....just to increase their post counts...like I find many guys just poking their nose into every other thread and saying something, though it doesnt add value or makes any sense...does TBHP have a method to track down such users? Sorry If this has been discussed already or posted in the rules section...

But I just get irritated when I click "new Posts" and see that the comment is absolutely no value add, just a way to increase post counts (for that user).
Old 10th September 2007, 17:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

though i am not a mod - but do you think that it is actually for increasing post (read with or without adding value)?

i dont think so - because posting in shifting gears section & introduce yourself section actually dont add to your post count - as in my case > most of the post are in shifting gears section.
Old 10th September 2007, 17:32   #3
BHPian

Well. I dont exactly mean the different 'sections' in TBHP..but what I referred to was posting with the same 'thread', where it is of little relevance or where the person posting it has no idea about what he is talking about...

I can quote examples but do not wish to do so...I will not point fingers at anyone, but this is just to bring an awareness and aviod future such posts.

Like, one day when I clicked on "New Posts" I could see that a particular user had comments on ALL the threads being shown...its like someone clicks on "New Posts" and opens each & every thread and says something, I am sure this cannot be a co-incidence where he can post on ALL the threads with his relevant value adds??

Last edited by gopz : 10th September 2007 at 17:34.
Old 10th September 2007, 18:01   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi Gopz

Thank you for your suggestion. Spamming (senseless one liners) is strictly prohibited on Team-BHP, and you would be surprised to know just how many such posts are edited / deleted by the support team. We have been pretty pro-active in our efforts to control this; infact its also outlined in the rules section with there being an infraction penalty for the same.

It would be great if you use the "report this post to a moderator" linky when you come across such a post. Rest assured...one of us will deal with it as appropriate.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks