Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2007, 03:32   #16

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Apart from Club Elevate ...

MOS - Famous Ministry of Sound CLUB! Known for the Exotic Pyramid Architecture, Brand value and Expensive.

Tabula Rasa - Clubbing in the Designer mall in saket Uber expensive, elite crowd and the place to be !!!

AGNI @ The Park in C.P is also classy joint with pool side lounge AURA!
dude its AQUA,not AURA.
i dont go clubbin too often as i prefer rock.
the places where they play good rock in Delhi are:
1.MEZZ-one of the greatest places in delhi to catch up with rock music.its in new friends colony.beer is cheap,and the crowd is good.a lot of bands also play here on weekends.
2.CAFE MORRISON-named after jim morrison of the "doors" fame,this place is amazing with a lot of posters of jim,and other bands as well.the dj is pretty good and plays a lot of contemporary rock as well as a lot of metal.
the place has moderately priced food and beverages.this pub is is south extension.
3.TURQUOISE COTTAGE-used to be a very good place for rock with bands like medicis,parikrama,decibel,superfuzz,zero etc playing here on weekends.always jam packed and the crowd would always be amazing.it was recently closed down and has shifted to the vasant vihar complex and the earlier club in vasant vihar called "opus" has become turquoise cottage.dont know how the place is now.
4.ROCK CAFE-a newly opened joint in Noida.this is the same place where we had a farewell tbhp meet for rev_hard.good music,cheap food and ideal for having meets as lots of parking spaces available.
Old 26th September 2007, 04:51   #17
Team-BHP Support

Speaking of Rock, is the Pub Styx still there in bangalore. Purple haze had become a little predictable, therefore we shifted to this one.
Great rock music, and in the afternoons when the crowd was low he would play floyd videos on the big screen
Old 26th September 2007, 09:58   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Excellent thread, B&T. Would love to have reviews at our online home itself before stepping out on saturday nights. The restaurant thread has greatly influenced my recent dinners / lunches.

Prive, Poison, China House (Grand Hyatt) are some places that I really enjoyed in the recent past. But the choice of nightclubs is becoming woefully slim thanks to the culture move toward lounges and bars. What I wouldnt give for a modern day version of Fire & Ice. Huge, good sound and always open till late.

Thanks to a fellow Team-BHP, that latenight-open-till-early-morning place "Kila" shut down. That place was chilled out and a favorite with my office staff.
Old 26th September 2007, 11:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What I wouldnt give for a modern day version of Fire & Ice. Huge, good sound and always open till late.
Oooh, what I wouldn't give for a modern day Fire N Ice. It used to be the bestest ever place to party in Mumbai in its era. I've even had the pleasure of spinning there. The best music, killer ambience, mind numbing trance acts, splendid crowds and the first to start the trend of Bollywood nights with their Chandni bar gigs. I sorely miss the place. I still can't forget their moving sign by the console which said 'Fire N Ice - The World Is Our Dancefloor'. Couldn't be more true. Sadly, the famed brawl involving one of the partners combined with the closing deadline and commercialization of Phoenix mills leading to increased rents spelt disaster for FnI. There were many discussions about the reopening of FnI at some new location, but aside from the Pune place which ran into even greater trouble, this remains just a dream.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 26th September 2007 at 12:02.
Old 26th September 2007, 12:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Calcutta scene. Clubbing/partying is my middle name. If you want to party late, Calcutta is the place. Though we don't have many joints, we are open till 4 on any given day! At least.
Nothing much to add after Razor's post.
Someplace Else, The Park - Most popular joint. Live bands everyday and a dj belt out Rock/Jazz/Metal. happy hours (40% off) till 8:30. I start my night out at SPE. I have a soft corner for this place as I started partying here. I also was a dj at SPE for some time. K/F beer, 650ml Rs. 90 in Happy hours.
Tantra, The Park - Used to be the MOST happening place in Calcutta. Front line Djs, European club music, the works. But, crowd quality has come down in recent years. The management wants revenue, and end up allowing everyone inside. But, if your fix is good Trance/House/Prog house/Psy trance, you CANNOT afford to give Tantra a miss.
Roxy, The Park - An upmarket cigar and wine lounge. Very expensive and very exclusive. 150 for a pint of K/F.
Aqua, The Park - New addition to the list. Open air "Al Fresco" joint. The dj claims to play House music. Again very expensive, a pint of K/F sells for 175.

Underground, HHI - Just two years old , but has transformed the Calcutta scene and HOW! Open everyday till about 4:30, its THE place to find HOT chicas! Most air crews party here and the place is very lively. Music is very bad though, just hindi and commercial tunes. 150 for a beeg baatli of K/F.

Venom, The Fort Knox Mall - Located on the 8th floor of a jewelery mall. Crowd quality is generally pretty good, but sometimes bordering on the uncle/aunty ji types. Okay selection of music and open late. Pint beer @ 130.

These are the places I frequent on a regular basis. There are a couple more, but I have no idea about those. So, all teambhpians, I invite you all to Calcutta for a great (IMHO) clubbing experience.

I love trance/house/psy. But, sadly hindi and commercial seems to be the mantra now a days. "Pomp up thee jam" as Mr. Sam says.

Last edited by shuvd : 26th September 2007 at 12:28.
Old 26th September 2007, 12:31   #21
BHPian

In Jaipur:
B2B (Back 2 Basics) - Best two floor disc in town with pretty good music and DJing
Reds - Another good place to chill till 2.30 in the morning
Waves - High class pub with amazing ambience
Geoffery's - Upscale english style pub
Tabloo - roof top pub ideal for viewing cricket matches in open

and other few places which are OK types!
Old 26th September 2007, 12:41   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Zero G on Residency Road. Unique open air ambience. Altho the music/quality has gone down

TGIF on Airport Road. Highly overpriced and bit of a swindle. But very good Old Western setting for watching F1 races on a big screen.

Windsor Pub on Vasanthnagar Main Road. Great beer and even greater appams. Wont burn a hole in your pocket.

Last edited by theMAG : 26th September 2007 at 12:46.
Old 26th September 2007, 12:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Forgot to mention Sheesha. Cal's first hookah bar, and still going strong. One of my personal favs.
Old 26th September 2007, 13:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

The dj at Sheesha is a Dumb SOB. Their crowd has quality has come down as the air crews don't party there anymore.
Old 26th September 2007, 13:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to a fellow Team-BHPian, that latenight-open-till-early-morning place "Kila" shut down. That place was chilled out and a favorite with my office staff.
Hahahahahaha thanks GTO! I just remembered who this infamous man is
Old 26th September 2007, 13:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Speaking of Rock, is the Pub Styx still there in bangalore. Purple haze had become a little predictable...
Yeah Styx is still belching ( )out beer and heavy metal. Havent been to Haze in a long time now. They play the same 'ol music with absolutely no changes.
Old 26th September 2007, 13:36   #27
Team-BHP Support

GTO, you should then have been a regular at Czar Bar, Intercon, Marine Drive.
One of the most chilled out places around, great ambience, and is very close to your workplace, could be another favourite with your chaps.
But really, what made you take to Kila so bad that you've been moaning its demise ever since, was more or less just another suburban club with dhinchak music.

Another good place to hangoutin town is Indus, well priced alchohol, good food, nice crowd and some tables too. This is on the ground floor of Hotel Diplomat, behind the Taj at colaba.

gto, b&t, sam, rememeber the pre Fire & Ice era, restricted to HQs, TFU and the 1900s (insomnia now) and the 'frequented by regulars only' Rasna???
The suburbs had their Madness, Razz, J49 which have all died out.

Anyone recall Velocity, the only international spec club in the city if we may say so, didn't quite get what went wrong with this one.
Last i heard they had started with some hip-hop nights, didnt quite hear about the place after that.

manson.
Old 26th September 2007, 13:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

I prefer sitting at home and getting drunk these days. I miss the old days of partying till early morning. Bangy shuts down by 11:30pm and no point in spending loads when you can hang out only till 11:30pm.

Some places I still frequent when I get a chance

1 - Hint
2 - Athena (Leela Palace)
3 - Dublin
4 - Blue Bar(Taj)
5 - Windsor Pub
Old 26th September 2007, 14:02   #29
Senior - BHPian

in Cal - Octane (Gariahar Mall)

i am not a party animal though - i think getting drunk at a bar/restaurant is much better - now dont bash me!
Old 26th September 2007, 14:10   #30
BHPian

Interesting thread.. for a change i will talk abt hyd...

Bottles and Chimneys- nice ambience, good food and good music.
Firangi Pani- Interesting setup, nice and loud music.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks