1) Prive
2) Poison
3) China House
4) Seijo
5) Czar
6) Geoffreys
7) Wink
8) Shiro

And some good news for club hoppers...3 new clubs opening up in the next 4 months.
1) Fire n Ice - Yeah Baby...Yeah. Back on the scene by mid-october. Opening up at Worli. Time to pack up Prive & Poison.
2) Ministry of Sound - Sometime in January.
3) Buddha Bar - Again in January.

Ohhh and Poison is shifting most probably to Leela's, Andheri very soon.

X
Old 26th September 2007, 14:18   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Interesting thread.. for a change i will talk abt hyd...

Bottles and Chimneys- nice ambience, good food and good music.
I agree. That place used to be our fav hangout.

Although its actually a lounge, i like 'touch' - The white lounge owned by Nagarjuna on Road no 3, Banjara Hills. Nice crowd, decent music.
Old 26th September 2007, 14:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

well.
the most popular "club" is being wrestled for by Bikes and barrels (Residency Towers) Xaras Tapas (Oriental inn) , Pasha(The Park) and Dublin (Park Sheraton).

In chennai there is a restriction on the issuing of liquor licenses, so it is pretty tight.

Some new players in the street are
1. TDS - of hyderabad fame. (Ten Downing street for the uninitiated)
2. Rhapsody - Marriott
3. Havana - Raintree
4. Provogue (Park Sheraton)

Ones that have lived past their prime.
1. Platinum (Aruna Hotel)
2. le Flame (Royal meridian)
3. Geoffry's. (Radha Park Inn).
4. Sparks (Savera)

However, most of these places play rather loud music, and you come out feeling like an ashtray. There is however a very nice lounge bar in The trident, peaceful and quite. Vijay's cafe - a sports bar in Park sheraton - they served the most awesome Steaks (i dont drink :( )

Last edited by madan80 : 26th September 2007 at 14:21.
Old 26th September 2007, 14:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post

Although its actually a lounge, i like 'touch' - The white lounge owned by Nagarjuna on Road no 3, Banjara Hills. Nice crowd, decent music.

hey it's no more owned by nagarjuna.. he was out of it long time back... now liquids and touch belong to the same person.
Old 26th September 2007, 14:31   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
GTO, you should then have been a regular at Czar Bar, Intercon, Marine Drive.
One of the most chilled out places around,
You must have been going on some really drab nights. On weekends etc, it would get so crowded and loud, you could hear the racket standing on Marine Drive. Plus, for a place like that, Bollywood music didnt seem very appropriate. The Dome upstairs is still good for a chilled out night.

Quote:
gto, b&t, sam, rememeber the pre Fire & Ice era, restricted to HQs, TFU and the 1900s (insomnia now) and the 'frequented by regulars only' Rasna???
Yeah, TFU and 19s was good fun. Never went to HQs much. Yeah, thats strange, I know. Also, Copacabana used to be great. The best place for latin house and other exotic club music, and for having fun falling down the stupid stairs.

Quote:
The suburbs had their Madness, Razz, J49 which have all died out.
Razz, lol. Never thought highly about it. Good for afternoon socials, college rock bands. Likewise for Madness, minus the rock.

J49's used to run packed to a Bollywood night every Sunday but that scene is dwindling now too. Heydays are way beyond over.

Quote:
Anyone recall Velocity, the only international spec club in the city if we may say so, didn't quite get what went wrong with this one.
Last i heard they had started with some hip-hop nights, didnt quite hear about the place after that.
They had some good parties. Nice VIP section, completely isolated from the madness with Gavin spinning retro music. No clue what happened there.

Velocity reminds me of Mikanos. Another sprawling place with a massive sound system. They re-launched a few years ago but still didnt do well. Pity actually. Decent place, lots of parking. Great music thanks to DJ Dash. One of the partners of Mikanos is a partner in Bollywood Mischief too.
Old 26th September 2007, 14:42   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
hey it's no more owned by nagarjuna.. he was out of it long time back... now liquids and touch belong to the same person.
Hey, i didnt know about that.
Liquids - My friends gave a poor rating to that place.
TDS (Hyd) - Decent, but i prefer B&C.
Old 26th September 2007, 14:50   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
GTO, you should then have been a regular at Czar Bar, Intercon, Marine Drive.
Yup, thats a pretty chilled out place too. But gets overtly packed on the weekends. As B&T said, the roof top is better for a drink.

Quote:
But really, what made you take to Kila so bad that you've been moaning its demise ever since, was more or less just another suburban club with dhinchak music.
Just one of those places that clicked man. Always open till late, good grub, well-priced drinks and nice low seating on the mezzanine floor.

Quote:
Another good place to hangoutin town is Indus, well priced alchohol, good food, nice crowd and some tables too.
Damn, that place is too small man. My office cabin may be bigger than Indus!! Almost next door to that place is Tavern...pretty good for a boys night out and some pretty good rock too.

Quote:
And some good news for club hoppers...3 new clubs opening up in the next 4 months.
1) Fire n Ice - Yeah Baby...Yeah. Back on the scene by mid-october. Opening up at Worli. Time to pack up Prive & Poison.
2) Ministry of Sound - Sometime in January.
3) Buddha Bar - Again in January.
You de man, X-Machine!! Hope its going to live up to the old fire & ice tradition of a king size nightclub.

Also, been going to Hard Rock a lot lately. Great place and some really sweet sound.

Last edited by GTO : 26th September 2007 at 14:53.
Old 26th September 2007, 15:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

forgot to add a few more:
1. speed - its on mount road.
2. Escape (?)
Old 26th September 2007, 15:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine View Post
Ohhh and Poison is shifting most probably to Leela's, Andheri very soon.
I've been hearing the Worli Fire N Ice thing for precisely 3 years now. I really hope it is finally materializing like you say. But I wonder whether it will have the magic of the old place.

Poison is supposed to be branching at where Amnesia currently is at the Leela. I have heard the Bandra place wont close down.
Old 26th September 2007, 15:45   #40
Team-BHP Support

Why did the Pune chapter of Fire n' Ice shut down? Does anyone have a clue? They played the best music.
Old 26th September 2007, 16:20   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
been there number of times...
Et Tu, LBM ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I prefer sitting at home and getting drunk these days.
We do have something in common then. There aren't any places really worth going out to these days.

Quote:
I agree. That place used to be our fav hangout.

And you do drink, don't you ? And i mean liquor, not fresh juice. Have you really grown old enough now, have you benny ?
Old 26th September 2007, 16:21   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
And you do drink, don't you ? And i mean liquor, not fresh juice. Do you benny ?
And these were the days alcohol started entering my bloodstream.

I do, but quite less.
Old 26th September 2007, 16:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And these were the days alcohol started entering my bloodstream.
And never left it, I presume, which explains why you do not want to drink anything at all these days.
Old 26th September 2007, 16:30   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
And never left it, I presume, which explains why you do not want to drink anything at all these days.
You wouldnt bet on that.
SB asked me the same question once, and was quite amazed by the reply, i believe.
Old 26th September 2007, 16:50   #45
Team-BHP Support

Another one to the 'chilled out' list, great food, good crowd almost all the time, nice music, surprisingly no mention of ZENZI!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
You must have been going on some really drab nights. On weekends etc, it would get so crowded and loud, you could hear the racket standing on Marine Drive. Plus, for a place like that, Bollywood music didnt seem very appropriate. The Dome upstairs is still good for a chilled out night.
Was never a regular at Czar, but this place and Insomnia have had some serious swings for no reason at all, besides the 1.15 deadline for most other clubs. I've walked into both with barely a handful of people, and sometimes with barely any space.
The music like you mentioned is crap sometimes, i personally witnessed 'ande ka phanda' once at Czar.
Dome, i haven't been to, but have heard very good stuff about.
Ajay, last i heard Insom had shut and were gonna open up sometime again, what happened to that?

Quote:
Never went to HQs much. Yeah, thats strange, I know. Also, Copacabana used to be great. The best place for latin house and other exotic club music, and for having fun falling down the stupid stairs.
HQs was always a college joint, with almost the same faces you saw at college every weekend, you didnt miss out on much.

Quote:
Razz, lol. Never thought highly about it. Good for afternoon socials, college rock bands. Likewise for Madness, minus the rock.
I was too young to be allowed into a club when i had heard these names, Razz, J49, Madness, always had the idea that these were the better places of the past.
Had been to J49 and razz some 6-7 years ago, razz had started having trance nights then.

manson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks