Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2007, 13:21   #46
Senior - BHPian

That is fantastic tin. I just love it. Can you get this scanned in high resolution and email it to me. This is something I want to frame in my room

Fabulous work.
Old 27th October 2007, 16:14   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin23uk View Post
you seem to have a thing for headlights, its almost scary lol, thanks for the nice comments
hehehehe.. nothing like that boss. Just like the way you have really done up those headlights. It makes for the most difficult part to shade ( only if you got the curves on that car right ). And you are creating the effect in just perfect manner ! Keep up the good work !

can you mail me the R8 and the F430 on hkanitkar at gmail.com

Thanks a lot !
Old 27th October 2007, 21:23   #48
BHPian

let me know if the attachments made it through, had problems with attachments in the past, sorry about not signing the audi, i forgot but if you want one signed ill rescan and email it to ya again.
Old 27th October 2007, 21:34   #49
Team-BHP Support

No need. You're going great.

Actually I'll try to fish out some of my early days sketches. Do you mind if I post them here? Your sketches look great..

By the way, Do you trace the drawing first and then do the tonal job?
Old 27th October 2007, 21:39   #50
BHPian

Oh my word thats friggin awesome great goin again tin!! darn you are way to good!!

abbout using grids i always have difficulty in erasing the grids out later and that just spoils everything...how did you do it when you started out??
Old 27th October 2007, 22:08   #51
BHPian

yeah thats fine rudra sen post away. i use grids to get the outline then shade. i would just get me a lightbox and trace but i hope one day to be able to draw cars without the grid lines, although using a grid is very similar to tracing, tracing outlines wont ever help to improve outlining technique.

for the grid lines dont do any shading until your grid lines are gone draw the lines as faint as possible, get your outline down and then map out some of your more prominent shaded areas, then get rid of the grid lines. if you erase some of your outline while erasing the gridlines its no big deal at this point cos you can always draw the little bit of outline back in after you finish erasing.

only part i have found tricky when it comes to removing the gridline is the wheels, best way to deal with that is to go darker with the outline of the wheels and then erase over the whole lot instead of fitting your eraser around wheels spokes and things, you should still be left with a faint outline to work with.
Old 27th October 2007, 22:31   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
yeah thats fine rudra sen post away.
Sure Sir! Let me find them out and scan.
Old 28th October 2007, 03:16   #53
Team-BHP Support

All the drawings are really awesome in this thread!! Great stuff.

However, the perspective in the R8 drawing is absolutely perfect..
Quote:
cheers,
R
Old 28th October 2007, 12:59   #54
SRK
Senior - BHPian

WOW!! WOW!!!

These are really great.. I loved them all.
I like the way you do the highlights.
I really feel I am seeing the real cars!!

Now I feel I should stop using the photoshop..I cant even get close to be so realistic even though Photoshop will be way too easier then Sketching.

By the way Have you ever tried using photoshop..I mean if you can create such beautiful pieces with just your Hand and Pencil..You could be doing wonders with help of a Comp..

Also Hats off to you for making these works in so less time..

I just want to keep praising you work!!!
Old 29th October 2007, 02:05   #55
BHPian

to those that i sent sketches to via email, msn mail shrunk them down to 600x600 pixesls because i attached them as photos. i have sent you all another email but with the sketches attached as files instead so they should be high res this time. check your inboxes hkanitkar and dippy
Old 29th October 2007, 03:10   #56
Senior - BHPian

tin23uk the modern car sketches are totally awsome. the detailing has me speechless. wow alot of patience and hardwork and its all showing. seriously consider haveing an exhibition. i would definately be there for it. please do keep up the great work looking forward to seeing plenty more sketches from you.
how is your hand doing hope it is alright now.
Old 29th October 2007, 03:28   #57
BHPian

the hands doing fine now thanx, it swelled up quit bad but it had gone down by the next day.

i didnt think i would enjoy doing the modern sketches as much as the muscle cars but actually i have. i think my next sketch is gonna be another muscle car again, a tattoo artist contacted me through one of the tattoo forums i use and asked if i would do a commision for him to hang in his shop in denmark. not sure what he wants yet (other than i know its american muscle) hes gonna let me know when he decides, ill post a pic when it gets done but it will likely be a photo rather than a scan because i cant fit anything bigger than A4 in my scanner. dont worry though after the commision ill be back to moderm cars again.
Old 29th October 2007, 04:26   #58
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely incredible. Very inspiring for someone intermediate like myself. I shall definitely try your method on my next sketch!
Old 29th October 2007, 05:52   #59

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

dudeeeeeeeee......your way too good.awesome work.it actually looks like a black & white xerox of the picture.you are freaking talented man!!!keep up the good work.
PS.would you tolerate another request....how about the skyline GTR R34.and can please mail the pic to me at abhimanyu.mehta(at)gmail.com.
thanks
Old 29th October 2007, 08:29   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Absolutely incredible. Very inspiring for someone intermediate like myself. I shall definitely try your method on my next sketch!
keep up with your drawing, personally i only really started drawing anything about 2 years ago, i started with just portraits, all my car drawings were done in the last couple months so i havnt been doing cars. i dont know why i can draw i think its just a thing of being able to look at an image as a bunch of shapes and lines rather than a car or a face. in my case it just kinda happened one day but im almost positive it can be learned.

take a car for example dont look at your reference as a car, ignore the whole picture you have to get over what your brain pre concieves a car to be and let your eyes re-discover it. that is why the grid method is so helpfull it alows you to concentrate on one area at a time and gradually build up to a shape you will then recognize when you step back and look at the paper as a whole. when you shade build up the shading rather than laying it down thick, start with a light spread of lead then build it up until you are happy with the way it looks, you have to also look at different shaded areas that are the same tone and make sure you have drawn them the same, for instance a medium gray shade in a darker area will look lighter to you than the same medium shade in a lighter area of the car but you have to make them match.

basically forget what you think you know about how a car looks and copy what you see rather than what you think you see,

hope that helps you, keep it up and what day you will get there.

i cant draw i can copy and shade but ask me to draw a car from memory and it will look like a 2 year olds scribble

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks