Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2008, 03:20   #76
BHPian

this was by far one of the hardest things iv tried to draw, there are a few minor things i need to touch up but i plan on adding a portrait of dale jr to the pic so ill fix them then.

Muscle car sketches & Auto Art-dalejr1.jpg
tin23uk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2008, 12:51   #77
BHPian

Muscle car sketches & Auto Art-daleearnhardtjr1.jpg

same car but i added a portrait of the driver
Old 9th July 2008, 18:20   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin23uk View Post
this was by far one of the hardest things iv tried to draw, there are a few minor things i need to touch up but i plan on adding a portrait of dale jr to the pic so ill fix them then.
Had it not been for your sig at the bottom of the car, this could pass as a B&W photograph - This is the most amazing shading work I have ever seen... You simply rock Tin!!
Old 9th July 2008, 19:19   #79
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
Had it not been for your sig at the bottom of the car, this could pass as a B&W photograph - This is the most amazing shading work I have ever seen... You simply rock Tin!!
I 100% agree!!

Great work!!
By the way do you sell these sketches?
Old 10th July 2008, 02:39   #80
BHPian

thanks guys.

think im gonna try and do a few more nascar pics. i've been drawing cars for about a year now and haven't sold any so i figured im in kentucky and rednecks love nascar so maybe ill be able to sell some.

only problem now is i dont know how much to try and sell the originals for, i dont want too little cos they take along time to draw, but at the same time i dont wanna offend people by asking too much. i've been looking at a few different artists websites and they are asking in the region of $800 US for similar sketches, dont know if they manage to sell them for that much and i think thats a bit pricey, ill probably shoot for around $100.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th July 2008 at 10:05. Reason: iv = i've, havnt = haven't
Old 10th July 2008, 15:50   #81
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks guys.

think im gonna try and do a few more nascar pics. i've been drawing cars for about a year now and haven't sold any so i figured im in kentucky and rednecks love nascar so maybe ill be able to sell some.

only problem now is i dont know how much to try and sell the originals for, i dont want too little cos they take along time to draw, but at the same time i dont wanna offend people by asking too much. i've been looking at a few different artists websites and they are asking in the region of $800 US for similar sketches, dont know if they manage to sell them for that much and i think thats a bit pricey, ill probably shoot for around $100.

The only way would be to ask the artist as a customer and getting to the lowest price he is willing to sell and then you have the exact pricing!
Old 10th July 2008, 17:59   #82
BHPian

Wonderful drawings tin. Very impressive indeed.

Mods - he is still on 2 posts. LOL
EDIT: Oh, that's because this is in shifting gears.
Old 11th July 2008, 02:19   #83
BHPian

yeah i hav e really only posted in the shifting gears section, don't know where the 2 posts i do have came from lol.

can't remember which mod it was but one of them told me along time back that they would let the 50 post thing in shifting gears slide and to let him know when i had posted 50 posts total. like i said i cant remember which mod it was now and i don't know how to find out how many posts i have made.
Old 22nd August 2008, 04:28   #84
BHPian

I'm still doing cars. Just not at the rate i used to.

These nascar sketches take forever to draw.

Old 22nd August 2008, 09:32   #85
rippergeo

Quote:
keep up with your drawing, personally i only really started drawing anything about 2 years ago, i started with just portraits, all my car drawings were done in the last couple months so i havnt been doing cars. i dont know why i can draw i think its just a thing of being able to look at an image as a bunch of shapes and lines rather than a car or a face. in my case it just kinda happened one day but im almost positive it can be learned.

take a car for example dont look at your reference as a car, ignore the whole picture you have to get over what your brain pre concieves a car to be and let your eyes re-discover it. that is why the grid method is so helpfull it alows you to concentrate on one area at a time and gradually build up to a shape you will then recognize when you step back and look at the paper as a whole. when you shade build up the shading rather than laying it down thick, start with a light spread of lead then build it up until you are happy with the way it looks, you have to also look at different shaded areas that are the same tone and make sure you have drawn them the same, for instance a medium gray shade in a darker area will look lighter to you than the same medium shade in a lighter area of the car but you have to make them match.

basically forget what you think you know about how a car looks and copy what you see rather than what you think you see,

hope that helps you, keep it up and what day you will get there.

i cant draw i can copy and shade but ask me to draw a car from memory and it will look like a 2 year olds scribble
This was very useful information. thank you. it explains why my attempts at portraits come out as caricatures.
have not used a pencil/brush in years. time constraints have made me take the easy way out and shift to photography and photoshop. this thread is inspirational!

Old 14th October 2008, 12:38   #86
BHPian

well its been a couple months since my last drawing so i figured i would take a shot at a 2008 Mustang GT.

what do ya think?

Old 14th October 2008, 18:38   #87
Senior - BHPian

wow ..... you are just too good

looks awesome, i can't even think how it can be done :-/ lol
Old 14th October 2008, 19:00   #88
SRK
Senior - BHPian

That Mustang Sketch looks unbelievably real!

Love the small detailing.
Looks Awsome!
Old 14th October 2008, 20:58   #89
Senior - BHPian

You are an genius with this thing man! I saw this whole thread for the first time and all the pics left me spellbound!!

You are simply superb. Kudos.
Old 15th October 2008, 03:23   #90
BHPian

decided to play around with a couple of sketches in photoshop and i think the result is pretty cool, now to get me some colored pencils lol

Note from Mod - Hi tin23uk, as per our new rules - you MUST host all images on Team-BHP's server. Please see the ANNOUNCEMENTS section for details on uploading pictures. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th October 2008 at 11:04. Reason: Please see note in post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks