Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2009, 16:54   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Also I have no idea what's Pitla or Huli. I have been born & bought in Bombay, but I am not "Marathi" so as to speak - though I can speak Marathi.
No wonder. I am partly Maharastrian so i get good Maharastrian food at home. You should have visited my home

Btw, Pitla is like a thick yellow paste made out of Besan and is quite yummy and is a famous maharastrian dish.

Huli means "Dal" in Marathi. However, Huli is slightly sweet and i absolutely love this type of dal preparation and one of the most favorite out of more than 25 different type of dals we make at home

Coincidentally, Poli and Huli is lined up for my dinner tonight
Old 12th October 2009, 16:55   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Thanks BBlost and Mobike008,

The prospective company is Value Labs. I have an offer, but before accepting I need to make sure it's a financially sound move , as here I'm staying with parents , so I could manage with a lower salary here - moving out means major expense is rent.
Value labs is closer towards Kukatpally, which is one of the best middle-class locality and closer to all the eminities. The rents range from 6k-10k based on the facilities. You should be lucky enough to find one in the lower range too.

Quote:
Am surprised to hear there aren' any 1 BHK apartments here. 12k rent seems high , esp as I was thinking of staying alone rather than in a shared accomodation, though the same rents apply in Pune but we have 1 BHK here.
There should be many singles who live in and around hi-tech city areas like Madhapur and Kondapur who share accommodation. Alternatively there are live-in guest houses where they charge per person basis and provide a room(shared or seperate) along with cot and table. Should work out around 4K per month. I work for one of the top Indian companies and there will be lot of classified advertisements in our internal portal requesting for house sharing. PM me if required
Old 12th October 2009, 18:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubsmart View Post
Value labs is closer towards Kukatpally, which is one of the best middle-class locality and closer to all the eminities. The rents range from 6k-10k based on the facilities. You should be lucky enough to find one in the lower range too....
A friend of mine and a fellow bhpian(ravi@64bhp) lives in Kukatpally. Last year his rent was around 5k(or 5.5k) for 1bhk(1bhk configuration is available in smaller buildings - no elevator). This year, the owner wanted to increase the rent by 1k, but due to recession and lack of demand, the owner could not increase. So its still the same as last year!!!
Old 12th October 2009, 18:34   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Pitla is like a thick yellow paste made out of Besan and is quite yummy and is a famous maharastrian dish.
Missing Pitla a lot, mom used to make it a lot earlier. We aren't Maharashtrians but mom was brought up in Aurangabad for a pretty long time as my grandpa was posted there, so she aquired some of the cullinary skills there. Need to bother mom to make pitla tonight for dinner or tomorrow. Man, you remind me of food everytime i loitter around. So, whats more for dinner today Avi Bhai.
Old 16th October 2009, 23:50   #50
BHPian

Thanks all ! I'd prefer a separate accommodation , or at least one where I can keep my valuables locked . I know people in shared flats who've had items stolen . I'd hate to have something valuable and dear stolen , like a laptop or credit card .

UBS, I'll PM you if I can't make any progress by myself on a few days .
Old 20th October 2009, 08:05   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Bumping an old thread, sorry .
I have a job offer in Hyderabad , and I'm looking for advice over moving here from Pune. I haven't decided on it firmly, as the cost/benefit at the offered remuneration isn't looking very favourable but I'm looking out for job switch .

As of 2009, what does the rent for a 1 BHK apartment stand like ? The office is in Hi-tec ( or Hi-Tech ? ) City . Is this area expensive ? Also , what is the water , power and telecom situation in Hyderabad , frequent power cuts , water shortage etc ?

Lastly, how law and order situtation , considering in IT I may have lot of late night travel.

TIA
Hi Ricci,

I moved from maharashtra to Hyderabad about 2 yrs back and i must say I too had initial apprehensions,but then we settled in and i like it here.In 10 days we arranged for the accomodation and school for my kids as well.Our Hyd Team Bhpians helped me with their advice for which I am grateful.I live in Miyapur which is around 10 kms from Hitech city.2 bedroom flats are available for around Rs 7000 + maintenance(approx rs 600).Single bedroom are few but you can try at Prajay City on the Hafeezpet road(This road also leads to Hi Tech city).
Let me know if you need any more info.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:53   #52
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

I'm planning to be in Hyderabad for a conference from 13th - 15th Nov. The conference is held at this venue

Novotel and HICC Complex,
Near Hitech City, Po Bag 1101,
Cyberabad Post Office, Madhapur,
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh 500081

Phone: 040 66134422

Would like to seek your inputs regarding accomodation/hotels near this venue. How long is this venue from the airport? My first choice is a flight. Would welcome suggestions on alternate modes - car/bus/train. I'll be leaving from Bangalore.

Thanks in advance!
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:53   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Folks,

I'm planning to be in Hyderabad for a conference from 13th - 15th Nov. The conference is held at this venue

Novotel and HICC Complex,
Near Hitech City, Po Bag 1101,
Cyberabad Post Office, Madhapur,
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh 500081

Phone: 040 66134422

Would like to seek your inputs regarding accomodation/hotels near this venue. How long is this venue from the airport? My first choice is a flight. Would welcome suggestions on alternate modes - car/bus/train. I'll be leaving from Bangalore.

Thanks in advance!
Your budget?

There are all kinda of Hotels from 2 star to 5 star less than 3-5 km radius of HICC. Since you are coming on a weekend, and on top of that while a conference is happening in HICC, I recommend you book pronto.

There is a bus and taxi service from the Airport, which takes 40 -50 mins to the venue. Taxi will run you about Rs 600 and the bus ride *I think* is Rs 100- 125.
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:09   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
Your budget?

There are all kinda of Hotels from 2 star to 5 star less than 3-5 km radius of HICC. Since you are coming on a weekend, and on top of that while a conference is happening in HICC, I recommend you book pronto.

There is a bus and taxi service from the Airport, which takes 40 -50 mins to the venue. Taxi will run you about Rs 600 and the bus ride *I think* is Rs 100- 125.
HICC is approx 30+ KMs from the airport and as mentioned by discobiscuit, hiring a Meru/Easy cab will cost you around 600/-
There are buses from Airport to Shilparamam which cost Rs. 150/-
HICC from Shilparamam is around 3-4 KMs and there are lots of Autos available too.

As for accommodation, you can stay at Novotel if budget permits or there are some guest houses/hotels at Madhapur & Kondapur ranging from 1500 to 3500/- per day.
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:47   #55
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
Your budget?

Thanks! Budget: Rs. 2000 - 2500. Pronto is a hotel? How far is Pronto from the venue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
HICC is approx 30+ KMs from the airport and as mentioned by discobiscuit, hiring a Meru/Easy cab will cost you around 600/-
There are buses from Airport to Shilparamam which cost Rs. 150/-
HICC from Shilparamam is around 3-4 KMs and there are lots of Autos available too.

As for accommodation, you can stay at Novotel if budget permits or there are some guest houses/hotels at Madhapur & Kondapur ranging from 1500 to 3500/- per day.
Thanks! Hotels suit just fine
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:10   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nazim, what is this???? From Shilaparamam to HICC the distance is maximum 1km or 1.5km...is it not?

Quote:
Thanks! Budget: Rs. 2000 - 2500. Pronto is a hotel? How far is Pronto from the venue?
Dear JVH. Pronto = Quickly. That is just an american slang and not any hotel name

Just take the bus which is comfortable and will drop you at Shilparamam and from there as mentioned it is about a 1km and you can take a rick.

No idea about hotels in the vicinity, probably someone else will chip in on that.

Enjoy your stay in Hyderabad !!!
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:12   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nazim, what is this???? From Shilaparamam to HICC the distance is maximum 1km or 1.5km...is it not?
This is taking into consideration, the long U-turn one has to take from the kukatpally road.

Quote:
No. It is not!
Distance of pronto from the venue = infinity!

Quote:
Thanks! Hotels suit just fine
Jayant,
I just checked out and the decent hotels available are slightly above your budget. Check out sites like Yatra, cleartrip, etc.
Kasani GR is one option you can consider - just make sure you don't take up a room on the second floor or first floor as the PUB there does not have proper insulation and your heart will be thumping from the boom of the subs until 12:00 in the night (in case you hit the sack early. )

Last edited by pulsar56 : 23rd October 2009 at 15:15.
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:29   #58
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Dear JVH. Pronto = Quickly. That is just an american slang and not any hotel name
I'm stupid!!!

Quote:

Just take the bus which is comfortable and will drop you at Shilparamam and from there as mentioned it is about a 1km and you can take a rick.

Enjoy your stay in Hyderabad !!!
Thanks mobike!

Quote:

Jayant,
I just checked out and the decent hotels available are slightly above your budget. Check out sites like Yatra, cleartrip, etc.
Kasani GR is one option you can consider - just make sure you don't take up a room on the second floor or first floor as the PUB there does not have proper insulation and your heart will be thumping from the boom of the subs until 12:00 in the night (in case you hit the sack early. )
Thanks for the pointers. How extendable can the budget be? I can manage upto Rs. 3500.
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:29   #59
BHPian

@JVH, you can also check out Hotel Swagath De Royale at the Kothaguda Junction. It will be closer (about 2 kms) to HICC.
Swagath De Royal - Online Hotel Booking System, Online Room Booking

This is a 3 star, and while I haven't seen their rooms their restaurant is quite decent and the room looks good in the pixs. If you fix on this, get off the airport bus near Kothaguda Junction, and it is a stone's throw away on the main road itself.

Last edited by anurag_p80 : 23rd October 2009 at 15:34.
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:56   #60
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for all the input guys! I booked pronto

Got a deal at Makemytrip including hotel stay within 10K. Includes flight charges as well as the stay. Will be staying at Mandawa suites.

Edit - Anurag, saw your post now. Anyway, mandawa suites pics are good too :-)

Most Viewed