Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2007, 13:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Electronics - only come here for stuff you cant get in India. What you can get in India is usually cheaper back home, except for the Plasma TVs and stuff. Gadgets and Gizmos - go to Al Ain Centre opposite the Jumbo Superstore in Bur Dubai. This is the place for all gadget freaks. You could also try the WiFi Mall thats diagonally opposite both.

Car Stuff - wait for the Yellow Hat to open. It is going to be the car accessories (performance, interiors, the works) superstore along the lines of Carrefour. Or go to Sharjah. Sharjah is usually the best place for cars available in India. For really exotic stuff, be ready to pull out the megabucks at specialized tuning places. Car Audio, I'd suggest CAP (Car Audio People) for now - they can get you most of the stuff you want.

Rest of the stuff, the other chaps seem to be better informed than me.

Last edited by Steeroid : 25th October 2007 at 13:11.
Old 25th October 2007, 13:56   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
girls @ deira near KFC;
misc @ city center.
KFC on Al Riqqa Street?
City Center, as good as always, although Mall of the Emirates is also good these days.
Old 25th October 2007, 14:23   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Electronics - only come here for stuff you cant get in India. What you can get in India is usually cheaper back home, except for the Plasma TVs and stuff. Gadgets and Gizmos - go to Al Ain Centre opposite the Jumbo Superstore in Bur Dubai. This is the place for all gadget freaks. You could also try the WiFi Mall thats diagonally opposite both.
My cousin just came in from Dubai and I had asked him to pick up a digicam for me ... and as he was coming in from the US he was SHOCKED to discover that Dubai was about 60$ more expensive than the gud ol USA !! So now Im waiting to come in from the US ..

As for Plasmas ... how much duty would one have to pay on it or can one just walk through customs ??? Is the price difference huge ?
Old 25th October 2007, 14:44   #19
BANNED

i have asked to find price of digicam and then deciding and going. i have a digicam right now so if exp there ill take it. if cheaper ill sell mine here get there buy one. im going to sharjah first then dubai. flight is in the night reaching there at 11.30pm uae time. comin back from sharjah as well. thanks for all the inputs really decided where all to go now. also whats the scene like getting to burj al arab is it like a fee of 100 dirhams or what. if one has to go there for coffee how does it work. 100 plus coffee or they have cover charge or something. as per mugen said its 250 per person and u get full 250 back inside for drinks or snacks whatever..... what places to take cars pics from. i want to see a veyron really and some cheap ferraris and lambos lol
Old 25th October 2007, 16:34   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
i want to get some good baileys, heineken six pack for kicks i guess and some absolut flavoured vodkas.
Yum yum yum... those are the only two things I drink. Just love Baileys. That reminds me, my bottle is getting over, time to get a new one. Jesal do teen bottle leke aaja yaar.
Old 25th October 2007, 18:04   #21
BHPian

Hi Jesal,
For car Audio you can try Harmon House in Deira City Centre or the Nasser Square show room for JBL and Infinity. For Focal, Eclipse etc, u can try Quatermile in Al Quouz or their Sheilk Zahed Road show rooms (also available in Sharaf DG, Time square centre), Audison, Hertz, JL, you can try Gulf Wireless in Sheik Zahed Road (its called Car Audio People i guess). Then the whole lot of accessory shops in Deira, Naif road.

Please avoid buying clothes except if u want some exclusive brands (which I ahve no clue about).

iPhone w/o warranty is Approx AED 2450/- when I enquired a couple of months back in a shop in Nasser Square (which I found to be costly 'cause in US it is $400/- its equvalent AED being 1470/-).

For gadgets as Steer has said, u can chek out the Al Ain centre in Burdubai and the whole street leading from Ramada signal to Falcon signal.

You can check out the Ikea stores as well for interiors and ACE store also both in Festival City.

If possible do check out the Dubai Autodrome too. Also look out for any sporting events in the UAQ (viz drags/drift competions) I think there is one event on first week of Nov. (one can watch these events in 'Gear One' channel also)

Sorry I havent dared to enter the Burj Al Arab. So dont know the rules.

BTW, bottles - try the Jordanian / Lebanese Arrack for a change.

Anyways enjoy the trip.
Old 25th October 2007, 22:55   #22
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
is dubai really as cheap as it used to be? My only experience is the airport, and everything there is more expensive than good ol Mumbai!
Double that! I harassed Steeroid & Rudra regarding my cam (400D)
The price was same as Mumbai! And as a result, didnt opt to buy it from there and today im still camera-less.
Prices are the same. Might be up or down during DSF, not sure.
Old 26th October 2007, 00:05   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
Hi Jesal,
For car Audio you can try Harmon House in Deira City Centre or the Nasser Square show room for JBL and Infinity. For Focal, Eclipse etc, u can try Quatermile in Al Quouz or their Sheilk Zahed Road show rooms (also available in Sharaf DG, Time square centre), Audison, Hertz, JL, you can try Gulf Wireless in Sheik Zahed Road (its called Car Audio People i guess). Then the whole lot of accessory shops in Deira, Naif road.

Please avoid buying clothes except if u want some exclusive brands (which I ahve no clue about).

iPhone w/o warranty is Approx AED 2450/- when I enquired a couple of months back in a shop in Nasser Square (which I found to be costly 'cause in US it is $400/- its equvalent AED being 1470/-).

For gadgets as Steer has said, u can chek out the Al Ain centre in Burdubai and the whole street leading from Ramada signal to Falcon signal.

You can check out the Ikea stores as well for interiors and ACE store also both in Festival City.

If possible do check out the Dubai Autodrome too. Also look out for any sporting events in the UAQ (viz drags/drift competions) I think there is one event on first week of Nov. (one can watch these events in 'Gear One' channel also)

Sorry I havent dared to enter the Burj Al Arab. So dont know the rules.

BTW, bottles - try the Jordanian / Lebanese Arrack for a change.

Anyways enjoy the trip.
bingo what i need i got i guess cheers man thanks a lot

my basic shopping list is like this

new phone
new digicam
baileys, absolut vodka
diesel and police watches
police sun glasses
some stuff for my girlfriend.... the list is long here
car stuff just want sexy engine starter switch or if i get something cool then
some clothes i guess since im there.
and im outta money in the end i guess

what about those desert drivings things i wanna go for those too !!!!
Old 26th October 2007, 00:10   #24
BHPian

instead of doing the boring 'being driven around in a landcruiser' i suggest you do either an atv or if you wanna go really fast a dune buggy trip. all the desert safaris end with belly dancing and lots to eat and shisha.
Old 26th October 2007, 00:15   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
instead of doing the boring 'being driven around in a landcruiser' i suggest you do either an atv or if you wanna go really fast a dune buggy trip. all the desert safaris end with belly dancing and lots to eat and shisha.
ill get these options from the hotel or something like that. this is my first trip im doing under a week. i go thailand also for 10 days. dubai is just 5 so wanna make the most out of it....
Old 26th October 2007, 00:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
excellent perfumes @ local shopping center right behind Lulu, Karama;
electronics @ jackys and Al-Rams, Nasser Square, Diera;
apparels @ karama;
mast food @ karachi darbar, either at al ghusias or karama;
booze/fags @ airport duty free;
girls @ deira near KFC;
misc @ city center.
Do they come pre-packed, or are they sold by weight?
Old 26th October 2007, 00:42   #27
BANNED

this karama place is popular what stuff do u get there exactly...
Old 26th October 2007, 10:09   #28
Team-BHP Support

Karama has places where you can find a lot of fake stuff (used to be so, dont know now), as well as non branded clothes for decent prices.
Old 26th October 2007, 10:57   #29

karama - negative

prices are same as the malls. for clothes & perfumes best place are the malls.
deira city centre almost everything.
burjuman expensive and branded.
mall of the emirates A MUST SEE

electronics - nothing comes close to beating sharafdg at city centre. what ever electronic item you need will be available there. and the price are extremely good.

booze - well u cannot buy booze from dubai unless you have a license & besides it costlier than the duty free.
the only place you can buy booze is from the duty free, or you drive to ajman. but bear in mind its risky.

girls - pm me dude, ill tell you where to go.

let me know if there's anything else you need.
Old 26th October 2007, 13:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Do they come pre-packed, or are they sold by weight?
Naah, none of these. They come per peice (with time frame!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks