Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2007, 13:17   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
can you tell us the link to this claim please? as far as i know, the stig is/was a formula 1 driver. but like as you said, the person keeps changing at times.

Google

it has appeared multiple times in the newspapers in the UK, think it was mentioned in The Sun(I think) when the media was ripping out on the TG team for having driven on the salt pans 5-6months ago.
Old 14th November 2007, 00:36   #47
BHPian

No edit button heh?

anyway here goes, this is an excerpt from an interview with Russ Swift

Quote:
Simon Britchford from Birmingham asks ‘Are you the Stig from Top Gear?’
“(Pause) No comment. What we… (laughs) what Top Gear like about the Stig is the fact that nobody knows who it is. A lot of people think it’s Damon Hill.
It is not one person.”

A lot of people believe The Stig is Damon Hill, when he came to the studio for Star in a reasonably priced car thing, clarkson said "breathe on me" and said "smells like magnesium"(in an earlier episode in the same series he had said "some say his breath smells of magnesium, but all we know is he's called the stig" while introducing the stig). This doesn't point at anything, but it's quite possible that Damon Hill has donned the role of the Stig very very breifly

About Ben collins, He is/was a NASCAR driver who has been closely associated with TG. He has appeared on TG as himself multiple times, Aygo football, parachute landing into a moving merc(driver) etc to name a few. He's also appeared on one of jezza's DVD.

few more quotes, from this report here http://www.hse.gov.uk/foi/releases/richardhammond.pdf

Quote:
The jet car feature was considered to be sufficiently unusual and hazardous for GW to ask BC, who worked closely with Top Gear as a high performance driver and consultant, to go and see PTLE and Vampire, and to prepare a briefing for RH. BC=Ben Collins

here is a newspaper scan ImageShack - Hosting :: stig7ow.jpg

So its basically like they have BC doing 99% of the work and for special features like renault F1 car on the track they use *more* talented people(an interview feature in autsport in feb2005 with
Heikki Kovalainen revealed that he was the one driving the renault car for TG then)

There is also this speculation about Julian Bailey being the stig, The daily express once claimed that they have unmasked the stig and its julian bailey, donno, not much information about it. Might have done little work as stig.

here's a scan http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7863/text3lo.jpg

Also, some people say Tiff Needle could be the stig, LOL!!

and yeah, its established that the black stig was perry mccarthy, he even wrote a book.

well, if you ask me, sometimes I feel it could as well be Jason Plato. Seen him work with jezza in some old topgear clips(when jc, vbh and needle were presenting tg)

thats it for now, but most people including me rather not know who the stig is, just takes the fun out of it. who cares, it could as well be my granny

Old 14th November 2007, 03:36   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
btw, why was the caparo t1 not included in the lap times chart?
rules state that only road cars can be on the lap time chart and in order to be road going they must also be able to clear speed bumps, the caparo would never clear a speed bump not even if taken sideways.

it is a awsome car though shame it tries to kill people.
Old 14th November 2007, 11:32   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Where do you download these movies from?

Yup, that looks like a 720p vid alright. Must be awesome to watch on a big screen.

Shan2nu
Mostly from torrents ...... there are many torrent sites for high definition videos ..... but maintaining ratios is biggest pain in the *** :( ......
Old 19th January 2008, 15:42   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin23uk View Post
rules state that only road cars can be on the lap time chart and in order to be road going they must also be able to clear speed bumps, the caparo would never clear a speed bump not even if taken sideways.

it is a awsome car though shame it tries to kill people.
Had talk with the caparo guy during the expo and he told me that the caparo had a height adjustable suspension and that it could cross any particular speedbreaker and tg had been informed about the same moreover because the caparo is so tunable he said that with a correct setup it could esaily have done 1.03 instead of the 1.10 .
Old 20th January 2008, 11:20   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup View Post
the polar episode was telecast in 1080 p there were downloads available for it in 1080p,720p and divx at 7gb,1.4 gb and 700 mb respectively.I downloaded the 720p 1.4 gb one and yes it has freaking awesome picture and sound besides being such a nice episode.
What is the player are you using to watch this 720p mkv file? i googled a lot and tried a bunch of players, they all reported some error. not sure if i downloaded corrupt file...
Old 20th January 2008, 16:33   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
What is the player are you using to watch this 720p mkv file? i googled a lot and tried a bunch of players, they all reported some error. not sure if i downloaded corrupt file...
runs fine on both vlc and jet audio
Old 20th January 2008, 18:33   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup View Post
runs fine on both vlc and jet audio
Oh... thank a lot dude. Watched it on my laptop, the clarity is just toooo good.

BTW any idea how to convert this and write it to a DVD?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks