Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2007, 10:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

Help needed! 2006 Verna for sale

Hello all,
Last year, my dad had been looking to replace the 2003 Opel Corsa,and we decided on the 2006 Hyundai Verna. We got it last December,and its got just 2.5K kms on the odo.
One long distance trip to Kerala,and its been mostly city miles since then. My dad's been wanting to drive it for many more long distance trips,but thats not happened.

He'd ideally want to sell it,and get some other car.Obviously,my 1st choice would be the Baleno (2004/2005). This is due to the fact that the car is not being used as much,and according to him its a waste of money.. I agree partly to it,though my idea of him having the Verna was more for the comfort aspect.

I'd really like some inputs here. What price can I expect for the car,and if I were to look for a good condition Baleno,what price range can I expect?

Bottome line.. my dad feels that Rs7.5 lakhs for a car being used very very rarely,sitting in the garage catching dust.. thats definitely not what he wants. The only answer I had for that was 'Either my brother,or I,would have to move back to B'lore for the car to be used more'.

I know this thread may seem vague,so please come forward with your questions & I'll try to answer them so as to get the picture clearer.

Thanks a lot..

Nitin

Last edited by Nitin : 26th October 2007 at 10:09.
Old 26th October 2007, 10:05   #2
BHPian

Boy! you are all over the place.. you have a 2006 verna, you want to sell it and get a 2004/2005 Baleno? and Why is that? your post is not clear especially so coz he 'Ideally' wants to sell it?
Old 26th October 2007, 10:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Venkatesh,I apologize for the vague start. I did modify the thread,so I hope we'r on the same page as of now.
Well,for starters,its kinda surprising,since it took me a while to get to the final decision of getting the Verna for my dad. Agreed that the car is not being used much,and thats why he'd rather get something that costs much lesser,and that wouldn't set him back by Rs 7.5 lakhs.

..I really have no clue how to explain this further.Just finished chatting with my dad,and this was his idea. A bit more time,and I'll get more inputs from him.
Old 26th October 2007, 10:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Bottome line.. my dad feels that Rs7.5 lakhs for a car being used very very rarely,sitting in the garage catching dust.. thats definitely not what he wants.
As you have mentioned, this is the bottomline reason, and IMHO the primary criteria to be considered for the next car. The question to be answered first, is -

How much, in your dad's opinion, is worth paying for a car, which will run approx 300kms a month?

Once you have that figure, start hunting for a car within that price.
Old 26th October 2007, 10:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Shuvc..I'll have to check with my dad regarding the same.

Anyway,whats the price range I can expect for the 2006 Verna,with 2.5K kms on the odo? Its in superb condition,and absolutely no scratches what to ever. Thank goodness,the B'lore traffic hasn't made its presence felt on the Verna,atleast not yet.
Old 26th October 2007, 10:31   #6
BHPian

Keep the verna, as selling it will result in a good loss.
Old 26th October 2007, 10:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

I assume it is Petrol Top End Model.

You can expect 6 - 6.25 if you are Lucky. CRDi would have gotten you much more as Verna's primary sales is its Diesel Variant.

Also there are plenty of discounts on the Petrol Variants nowadays.

I would say it makes more sense to stick with the car - Its a brilliant car actually, not many flaws and will give you years of trouble free performance. But if it is just lying there gathering dust, then its better that you sell it ( even if its at a loss )!!

Last edited by vkochar : 26th October 2007 at 10:35.
Old 26th October 2007, 10:51   #8
BHPian

Quote:
But if it is just lying there gathering dust, then its better that you sell it ( even if its at a loss )!!
But he will have to buy another car, so considering the low resale value of a PETROL Verna and buying alternative car, I would recommend keeping the Verna. A 2005 Baleno will cost around 5 Lac In Bangalore ( I dont know Nitin's location!)
Old 26th October 2007, 12:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Keep the car buddy. No point in selling this and again buying a 2nd hand car in the same category. If you are hell bent on selling this, then go for a smaller car / upgrade this car. As the usage in your message is not mentioned and assuming it would be around 500 kms/month, just think is it worth while to sell this car?

Anyways, with the festival season approaching, there will be losts of discounts offered to car buyers, especially Petrol driven cars.....

As many people has mentioned here that the reason for selling this quite not clear
Old 26th October 2007, 22:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the inputs,guys.

Here are a few aspects:
1) My dad was reluctant to get the Verna Xi. We looked at a few Balenos,since that was my 1st choice. My mom really liked the Verna,so we ended up getting the Xi.
2) My brother & I are based in Houston,Texas. We visit India once every 1-1&1/2 years. I do almost all of the driving when I'm there. My dad does use the car,but given the traffic & parking issues, he prefers to use our Kinetic.

I would definitely want him to keep the Verna. I'll try my best,since I too am against selling it due to the loss associated with it.

Will keep you guys posted on the same.

Once again,thank you so much for your thoughts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks