Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2007, 21:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

Jagdish Khattar (MD MUL) to retire in December.!!

Jagdish Khattar MD Maruti Udyog is all set to retire on 18th December 2007.
Nakanichi ,Chairman of Maruti Udyog is going to take over from him.

Last edited by kpzen : 29th October 2007 at 21:41.
Old 29th October 2007, 22:04   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

So much for Suzuki's statement that Maruti can only be successful as an Indian (led) company. I hope this doesnt become another Hyundai-Lheem case study.
Old 29th October 2007, 22:14   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
So much for Suzuki's statement that Maruti can only be successful as an Indian (led) company. I hope this doesnt become another Hyundai-Lheem case study.
BTW..i wonder if anyone noticed. Last week the economic times carried a BIG article about Hyundai India hiring a new President. The person is (i am forgetting is name) is a carrer IAS officeer set to retire in a few months from now. A lot of dough was given on his background and HMIL strategy in hiring him. He is set to be the No2 after Lheem and be the public face of the company.

The article tells how he was shocked at being approached by Hyundai and how the company had done its due diligence abt him before approaching him for the job. Apparently his econimic background, solid knowledge and experience in economic policy/goverment dealings is a PLUS. Do check it out

A very interesting article.

Elito

P.S. - My first post as a BHPIAN!!! yay!!

Last edited by Elito11 : 29th October 2007 at 22:15. Reason: JOy!!!
Old 29th October 2007, 22:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Elito
Mr. Khattar is also an IAS officer.
Old 29th October 2007, 22:25   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Elito
Mr. Khattar is also an IAS officer.
Yes KP i know that

I was just wondering if anyone heard the news. The article was very big and informative. A lot of MNC's or even Indian companys recruit retiring IAS officers for TOP positions. Thier background and network in the goverment is a big PLUS.

Elito
Old 30th October 2007, 09:37   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

If I remember right, they are also bringing back R C Bhargava in some other position of authority.
Old 30th October 2007, 09:42   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
If I remember right, they are also bringing back R C Bhargava in some other position of authority.
Yes. As the Chairman!
Old 30th October 2007, 09:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

It is better they have any Indian as MD. As Japanese cannot understand the mentality of Indians whatever we inform them. The same thing has happened with TKM.
Old 30th October 2007, 10:05   #9
BHPian

The new face of Hyundai India
Here is the Article. The persons name is Ashok Kumar Jha (current finance secretary) of the 1969-batch Indian Administrative Officer of the Andhra Pradesh cadre.

Elito
Old 30th October 2007, 10:07   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
The new face of Hyundai India
Here is the Article. The persons name is Ashok Kumar Jha (current finance secretary) of the 1969-batch Indian Administrative Officer of the Andhra Pradesh cadre.

Elito
The rumor mill says that Khattar had asked for a three year extension at the end of his tenure but was given only one year and so he moved on. Also the same rumor mill reports that Khattar may be looking to set up his own company early next year.
Old 30th October 2007, 10:16   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
The rumor mill says that Khattar had asked for a three year extension at the end of his tenure but was given only one year and so he moved on. Also the same rumor mill reports that Khattar may be looking to set up his own company early next year.
Khattar is considered IMMENSELY successful in Maruti trade circles. It was due to this that he was 'probabaly' offered a 1 year extension which just could not be expected from a Japanese company like Suzuki. Also despite his successful tenure he was never liked much by the Japs. A gaijin is a gaijin for japanese (no offence,malice etc intended. just how it is).

@setting up own company..well he clearly is stating so in the press conference!!

Elito
Old 30th October 2007, 10:18   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Khattar is considered IMMENSELY successful in Maruti trade circles. It was due to this that he was 'probabaly' offered a 1 year extension which just could not be expected from a Japanese company like Suzuki. Also despite his successful tenure he was never liked much by the Japs. A gaijin is a gaijin for japanese (no offence,malice etc intended. just how it is).
The thing is that he asked for three but was offered only one year. I would say this was pretty strange on Suzuki's part given his success at the helm of Suzuki.

Quote:

@setting up own company..well he clearly is stating so in the press conference!!

Elito
Oh! Galti se mishtake ho gayi!

Most Viewed