Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2008, 14:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

I'm waiting for "Buy an Audi A4 and get a Villa Free" offer - at least I'll get my car immediately.
Old 29th December 2008, 15:12   #32
BHPian

Fine, but I still did not get the catch!!

Yesterday, I saw an ad saying:
"Buy a luxury apartment for 13 lakhs. This is a cost price offer. Hurry!!"

Why would one want to sell at cost price, spend so much on advertising and make a loss?

It is obvious that this company is into some golmaal and they are trying to lure customers with such offers. But I have failed to understand the exact details. Let us take the below example:

"Book luxury apartment worth 65 lakhs by making downpayment of 10 lakhs. Drive away in a Mercedes (E Class pic shown). No instalments till completion. We will buy back your property if you change your mind. We will pay you rent of Rs.5000 every month till project completion"

Can someone explain the catch in the above ad. I agree that the apartment may be in a locality where the cost per sq.ft is much higher that actual. But what happens to the Merc, the EMI, the rent Orange provides every month and also buy-back offer? Also, how do they pay back Newspapers/Radio channels for their ads if nobody is buying. Does the building ever get completed, how long, how much more to pay?

Their full page ads are crazy, some hilarious too. I remember one ad where they said "Thank you for your fantastic response. Our telephone lines were jammed for the last two days because of the huge response, so we are extending the offer for another two days. Hurry up and call xxxxxxxx"....LOL.

FYI, they have "orange furniture" which offers full furnishing for around 50k and orange tours which offers luxury tour packages to Singapore, Malaysia at ~20k.

Does this company understand what "luxury" is?

Even I wonder if people actually fall for these ads. I for one have not even bothered to check any of these offers out.

To add to the circus, another construction company(I think it is Alliance properties) now advertises their properties in the same font, colors and "in your face" style ads. Brand Image of Orange is it ....LOL

OT: yes, .com was taken in 2004, hence.biz. You can find out about a website by doing a "whois" lookup on some sites like dnsstuff .

Last edited by S@~+#0$# : 29th December 2008 at 15:15.
Old 29th December 2008, 15:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
One of my colleagues called them up and asked what model of Mercedes. They will get back to him
This was the best . No idea what you got on offer
Old 29th December 2008, 16:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Yesterday, I saw an ad saying:
"Buy a luxury apartment for 13 lakhs. This is a cost price offer. Hurry!!"

Can someone explain the catch in the above ad. .
its very simple..this company dosent have to money to complete any of these projects and they are calling for that money from investors like us.

the risk is that if they dont sum up enough your money is gone down the drain.

so you pay 2l for a 2bhk, (remember they own the land allready and cost of constructions is low) so with your money (2L) they make the house and then give it to you later...but only if they sum up the required amount.
Old 29th December 2008, 16:09   #35
BHPian

My personal experience with Orange properties :
I read an add in Deccan Herald, front page. " Buy a flat at 23 lakhs and get a Santro Car fee".I visited Amodha site to have a look at the model flat the very next day evening. The price of a two BH flat comes to 45-50 lakhs depending on the floor you want & the price of a 3BH flat comes to 60-70 lks.When i enquired about the add in the paper, the executive had just one thing to say "Thaaat was our initial offer Saar"

Orange is totally into marketing gimmicks, what you hear on FM, news papers etc and what actually is being offered is totally opposite. Orange can go to any extent to fool people. Beware of them.
Old 29th December 2008, 17:01   #36
BHPian

Its just a trick. Even if you enquire at the earliest moment after the ad appears, they will inform you that you just missed the chance, however there are still some "discounted flats" available, though not with Audi/Merc/Santro offer. And the price they quote is just the "basest possible price" and we can easily add another 50% extra for the final price.

The car offer is just a gimmick to generate public interest and not intended to be implemented in practice.
Old 29th December 2008, 17:04   #37
BHPian

Pure marketing gimmick saaar. Only to get people in to look at the properties
Old 30th December 2008, 12:47   #38
BHPian

Hmm..... well, if that is the case, it doesn't make sense to lure customers by advertising low prices and then spend on the ad costs plus the costs of ferrying prospective customers to and fro, if, after all this, they won't buy due to very high costs.

I can understand the deal about taking a deposit of 10 lakhs from you and giving 5000 per month to you until project completion.... it's a cheap loan, cheaper than banks and no principal repayment. They use the money for the next project. Also, probably the land was bought dirt cheap.
Old 30th December 2008, 13:19   #39
Senior - BHPian

We had a similar offer in Vadodara. Buy one villa and get Mercedes-Benz E-class free ( Mercedes-Benz! ).
First of all, the word villa is itself made a joke of. Villa is a term that has british roots in India and it means a very, very large house that is equally well ventilated. The villa I see in Vadodara dont have space to park to park two cars parallely even at the side of the house, something we have. Forget proper space, I visited one villa and there were flaws in placement of things. Very poor ventilation in rooms and its villa. Put in vetrified tiles and you have a villa. The under construction house I saw, I thought they are putting someone's life at risk. I asked about coping and the contractors said " We dont need it ". And we know the earthquake of Gujarat. Vadodara was not affected that is a different thing, but still.

These are traps and as usual the basic necessacity of proper construction, space, ventilation are made jokes. Staying away from these places is best thing to do.
Old 30th December 2008, 14:36   #40
Senior - BHPian

Recently Orange properties posted up the Merc for a Villa offer in Delhi Newspapers as well. It was a full page color ad in TOI and Mid-day ! If they are incurring so much losses then why are spending so much of marketing stuff. Are they planning to run-away with all the money collected ??
Old 30th December 2008, 16:18   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Are they planning to run-away with all the money collected ??
Actually, i wouldnt be surprised if they do!

As the wise have rightly said, "If something looks too good to be true, chances are it isnt".
Old 30th December 2008, 17:32   #42
BHPian

Sometimes these expensive freebees like car are offered to pad up the fall in land prices. The land prices will have fallen but they do not want to lower the land price, rather, they will give these costly cars as free and keep the land price the same or higher.

Greed.

If they are so serious about the Audi as a free gift, they should be asked to give the car's cost as discount on the land. They shall never do that though it is the same maths.
Old 31st December 2008, 10:39   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Recently Orange properties posted up the Merc for a Villa offer in Delhi Newspapers as well. It was a full page color ad in TOI and Mid-day ! If they are incurring so much losses then why are spending so much of marketing stuff. Are they planning to run-away with all the money collected ??
They were even advertising the same in SAHARA ONE Channel too.
Man that's some serious advertising.
Old 31st December 2008, 11:10   #44
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday heard ad for the same on FM as well.. I Seriously doubt their credibility. Watch out guys !!
Old 31st December 2008, 12:09   #45
BHPian

most of their offers (may be all) are just valid for 2-3 days. they used to give ad on friday and say that its valid till that sunday. Though this flat at cost price ad has been running for sometime now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks