Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2007, 16:10   #1
BHPian

Bangalore : Fantastic store for tools

I had the pleasure of visiting one of the best stores I have seen in Bangalore for imported automobile, industrial and home use hand tools. They have practically every type of powered drill and other powered hand tools you could ask for. As I was leaving they just received a consignment of German battery powered hand tools and the drills were simply fantastic. Picked up a ratchet for my swift wheel nuts (Stanley), an 18 piece home tool kit (Stanley) and a power drill for home use. Had a hard time leaving the store without spending more.

The owner is a really nice guy called Juzer M Lokhandwala and the name of the store is Goodwill Hardware Stores. His phone number is 98451-87587 and the address of the store is: #1 Subhan Saheb Lane, S.J.P Cross Road, Bangalore - 560002. I have told him I am putting up his details here and if any of you guys give him a call or visit his store, tell him Kartik referred you to him.

Cheers!
K.

P.S: Check out his car tool kit (Stanley). It has every tool you'll ever need for a car and comes with a built in torch for those tricky situations at night. A must have I would think for long distance travels.
Old 8th November 2007, 16:33   #2
BANNED

what are the prices?? It would have helped if you had posted prices too.
Old 8th November 2007, 16:40   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
what are the prices?? It would have helped if you had posted prices too.
Sure thing, paid 2860 for the 18 piece tool kit, 610 for the ratchet with a 5" extension and 19mm socket and 750 for the power drill (non-branded but good enough for home use). The battery powered drills came with an additonal battery, a full drill bit set, light on the battery for dark interiors, and LED indicators at the back and cost about 6500 (didn't buy this one, but I have the feeling I will soon). The good part is you can pick up the bosch polishing attachment and polish/buff your car if you live in an apartment complex and have no power socket near your designated car park. Helpful?
Old 7th December 2007, 11:50   #4
BHPian

Nice info Kartik. I will visit this shop sometime soon.

For those of you stay far away from SP Road, there is a Stanley dealer on Commerical Street. If I remember right the shop is called M/S Hussain & Co. It is located on the same side as Westside, just a little ahead.

Does anyone know of a dealer who stocks Craftsman tools here in Bangalore.
Old 7th December 2007, 11:59   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikkumar View Post
The good part is you can pick up the bosch polishing attachment and polish/buff your car if you live in an apartment complex and have no power socket near your designated car park. Helpful?
Word of caution! Be very careful while using the power polishing burs, if handled improper it can leave lot of scar on a good paint job, as in remove the paint altogether.
Old 7th December 2007, 12:15   #6
BHPian

Good will is very good and highly recommended for the DIY guys.
Old 13th December 2007, 00:08   #7
BHPian

I visited Goodwill today and was truly impressed with the choice of Stanley and other branded tools.

Quote:
Had a hard time leaving the store without spending more
Same feeling Man. Although I bought very little this time around, I have a tools wish-list chalked out for future purchase.
Old 13th December 2007, 07:40   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

ANother store in Bangalore where Stanely's are available, is on commercial street. This is near the police station, on the same side, on the ground floor (almost half-basement level). Sorry, but dont remember the name of the store.
Old 13th December 2007, 08:32   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
ANother store in Bangalore where Stanely's are available, is on commercial street...
Yup, I have mentioned M/S Hussain & Co(Commercial Street) in my earlier post. But having seen both places, I must say Goodwill is much better in terms of shop layout, display, stock and 'easy to choose\shop' factor.
Old 13th December 2007, 08:57   #10
BHPian

Another good place I go to is called Navabharath hardware/Tools & Trades, the owner Mr. Murthy is called the Tool Man of India. He will go out of his way to get you what you want, and if not available then he will try and fabricate it for you too.

He has a very huge range of tools and hardware and has immence knowledge on the subject. His number is : 25588077. His store is opposite Eastern Stores on Commercial street.
Old 13th December 2007, 10:14   #11
BHPian

@kartikkumar: Thanks for that information, I now know where to head for Christmas shopping .
Old 13th December 2007, 20:37   #12
BANNED

Sorry, Had not noticed this post before. Thanks for the info. A couple of years back, I had inquired about the hand drills here; and they costed a bomb.
Quote:
... 750 for the power drill (non-branded but good enough for home use). The battery powered drills came with an additonal battery, a full drill bit set, light on the battery for dark interiors, and LED indicators at the back and cost about 6500
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:49   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

sorry to open this old thread, but any such shops in south bombay?
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

Yes would be really helpful to know if there are any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
sorry to open this old thread, but any such shops in south bombay?
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:04   #15
Sha
BHPian

Quote:

P.S: Check out his car tool kit (Stanley). It has every tool you'll ever need for a car and comes with a built in torch for those tricky situations at night. A must have I would think for long distance travels.
What is the price for car tool kit(Stanely).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks