XBox 360 0 0%
Playstation 3 0 0%
Any other ? 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2012, 20:21   #31
BHPian

Re: Gaming Consoles - the best ?

Bringing an old thread back to life, Can the XBOX-360 and PS3 now be added to the poll?

I am planning on setting up a gaming system for my children and researching various options.

Tried 'Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit' on the notebook and the graphics are great!
Will the Keyboard do or a Gamepad better?

Tried XBOX-360 with Kinect (lent by my friend).

Nowadays the choice of buying games-software is huge, on online shops like Flipkart.

The PS2 is still available at a cheap 'mouth-watering' price at Flipkart, is it still worth it? (The technology is 12 years old).

Last edited by manim : 22nd August 2012 at 20:24.
Old 22nd August 2012, 21:45   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Bringing an old thread back to life, Can the XBOX-360 and PS3 now be added to the poll?

I am planning on setting up a gaming system for my children and researching various options.

Tried 'Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit' on the notebook and the graphics are great!
Will the Keyboard do or a Gamepad better?

Tried XBOX-360 with Kinect (lent by my friend).

Nowadays the choice of buying games-software is huge, on online shops like Flipkart.

The PS2 is still available at a cheap 'mouth-watering' price at Flipkart, is it still worth it? (The technology is 12 years old).
How old are your children? What sort of games would you be playing?
I would strongly suggest going in for either an xbox360 kiinect or a ps3 move. If one isn't into very hardcore gaming, consoles work best and u get to have a big display (read tv) over desktop/laptops.
I've got my ps2 in 2006 from the us and had it modded from paalika. I got my ps3 last year in 2011. Just for the heck of it I hooked up my ps2 recently and boy after the ps3, theres a big huge difference in graphics and detail. I've played need for speed undercover on both. There is a world of difference. It's well worth the difference in price. ps3 base would set you back by16-17k

ps- mind you. if the ps2's technology is 12 years old. the xbox 360 is has been around since 2006 and ps3 since 2007. They arent very latest tech either.

and yes, having a gamepad and/or a gaming mouse on a computer is better.
Old 22nd August 2012, 22:05   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
How old are your children? What sort of games would you be playing?
I would strongly suggest going in for either an xbox360 kiinect or a ps3 move. If one isn't into very hardcore gaming, consoles work best and u get to have a big display (read tv) over desktop/laptops.
I've got my ps2 in 2006 from the us and had it modded from paalika. I got my ps3 last year in 2011. Just for the heck of it I hooked up my ps2 recently and boy after the ps3, theres a big huge difference in graphics and detail. I've played need for speed undercover on both. There is a world of difference. It's well worth the difference in price. ps3 base would set you back by16-17k

ps- mind you. if the ps2's technology is 12 years old. the xbox 360 is has been around since 2006 and ps3 since 2007. They arent very latest tech either.

and yes, having a gamepad and/or a gaming mouse on a computer is better.
Thanks for your reply.

I am looking at games for girls, age 11~15+ years.
I am not impressed with the Kinect, I feel it is still an emerging technology and needs time for more maturity. May buy console (xbox/ps3) during December holidays.

Presently looking for some horror and racing games for myself!

Was checking out Resident-evil-5, Dead-space1 and 2 or Alan-Wake from flipkart for my notebook with its 1 GB ATI mobility Radeon HD 5650 graphics card.

Last edited by manim : 22nd August 2012 at 22:07.
Old 22nd August 2012, 22:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your reply.

I am looking at games for girls, age 11~15+ years.
I am not impressed with the Kinect, I feel it is still an emerging technology and needs time for more maturity. May buy console (xbox/ps3) during December holidays.

Presently looking for some horror and racing games for myself!

Was checking out Resident-evil-5, Dead-space1 and 2 or Alan-Wake from flipkart for my notebook with its 1 GB ATI mobility Radeon HD 5650 graphics card.
Wow thats quite some serious stuff your laptops running under its hood which notebook is it? A friend of mine swears by computer gaming. Alan wake is a great game. Do order yourself some fps games as well.

Have you felt any thing different or better between the ps3 move and the kinect? honestly, I'm 19 my brothers 14 the novelty of having a move/kinect wears out really really quick. But, again It could be just us.

Your daughters may appreciate all the motion games more than us. Table tennis, kart racing and what not. I find it fascinating but I'd much rather play my racing games or shooting games.
Old 23rd August 2012, 00:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Wow thats quite some serious stuff your laptops running under its hood
Sorry I was not clear, I said I was thinking of buying one of those games, by checking them out on the net like you-tube, Wikipedia, etc.

I am yet to buy some new games!

I do have some old ones which was never used for many years and which I plan to install and try again: Doom3, Prince-of-persia: The sands of time, Midtown-madness.

Last edited by manim : 23rd August 2012 at 00:13.
Old 23rd August 2012, 00:18   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry I was not clear,
I should probably apologise, i actually meant what specs does your notebook have? When i was saying serious stuff under the hood, i was talking about the graphic card you have.
Old 20th October 2012, 19:22   #37
BHPian

Why is there no PC in the poll ? PC beats most of the console in every aspect of gaming because
1. It is more user friendly (can be configured by you yourself, and hence more powerful, or versatile)
2. It supports most of the joysticks/controllers.
3. Cheap games. (or if you pirate them, they are smaller :P)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks