Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2004, 19:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

Where is my EDIT button??

I can't find my edit button. I have tried all buttons that i could, and all the options. I can't see the EDIT button, even though some of the other members that I have spoken to can. I have as of now given up. Any help will be thouroughly appreciated. Please remember, till I find my EDIT button, i will not be able to work on my Porsche History thread. Thanks.
Old 16th December 2004, 19:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Alright this is really weird, I can see a EDIT button only in this post. I had posted in the morning, but i can't see the EDIT buttons there. And more importantly i cant see them on any of my PMH posts.
Old 16th December 2004, 19:17   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ported,

You have exactly the same features that other members from the "BHPian" category do.

However, BHPians are allowed to edit their posts only within the first 5 minutes after posting. Not after that.

In exceptional cases, you may contact anyone from the moderator team to edit a post of yours. But keep in mind that this will be done only in extreme circumstances and we dont want to be bombed by members wishing for edits.

Trust that clears the matter up,

GTO
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2004, 19:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Alright , that does clear things up. But may I ask, is there a reason for such a limit, because 5 mins is an extremely small time frame. It just happened to me, i was posting in the PMH, and went through the whole thing and realised that i needed to edit something, but sadly the time frame expired. Now I would not like to keep bugging the mods every time i would need to edit something, and i'm sure they wouldn't like it either. And with my internet connection, sometimes it does take more than 5 minutes for a page to load, in which case it gets a little inconvenient. It might be nice if we could go back to the old ways and edit it whenever we want to, or anything else but more than 5 mins, please.
ported_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2004, 20:38   #5
BHPian

i will be on the side of ported head. the time gap should be more.i understand that it has some strong reasons to do like that, say difficulties in tracking of edited posts by members n mods but still it should be atleast 15 - 20 mins. plz take this for technical reasons. i had hathway connection before, resently swifted my place. here hathway is not available. iam running on local cable. it really sucks. many a times its dead slow. takes 1 to 2 mins for openning a page. for me to go trough the topics itself takes long time so 5 mins is nothing for me to do anything. concidering the sppeds of net plz increase the time to atleast 15 - 20 mins, that would help a lot. check on this n let us know.
ravi_28_8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2004, 01:11   #6
Team-BHP Support

Yes GTO,

I think maybe extending the edit timeframe to 20mins or an hour would be beneficial if the software permits it.

cheers
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2004, 09:30   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Alright champs. Time limit has been extended to 20 minutes.

GTO
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks