Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2007, 11:09   #16
Team-BHP Support

Really sad to read about this, Jassi. I once had my mobile stolen off me, and i know how it feels. As for the cops and fingerprint experts, less said the better.
Old 13th November 2007, 11:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

what a traumatic experience :( do keep us informed of updates if any
Old 13th November 2007, 12:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

This is really sad ..... and the police behaving as expected, pathetic.
Old 13th November 2007, 12:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Same area and similar burglary,even similar timing.One of my friend's house was burgled last year when they were off for a onsite.All his electronic goods(TV,music system,Computer) and even the guitar was stolen.He also stays in a independent house on Kaggadasapura area.
Then again, after a few months they tried to beak-in again.But this time the house was properly secured and they couldn't break in.This time the cops installed some device in his house and they were petrolling the area for quite a few days.
Now after everything seemingly under control,yesterday night(actually today early morning) there was a break-in attempt in his neighbor's house.The occupants on that house are out on vacation it seems.But the burglar's fled away when they sensed that these people have woke up.And another neighbor informed that the day-before they have seen some boy's hanging around that house in day-time itself,probably to check the possibility of breaking in.
In a nut-shell, it seems like that the area itself is becoming a hot target for those people and it seems to be the same group.Also the cops are totally useless and maybe they are also hand-in-glove with the burglars.I also stays in an apartment nearby but there is 24 hour security there.But still I'm also worried when I've to leave the flat empty for few days when I go out on trips.
Sorry to hear about your incidence but better to shift to a gated community or an apartment with security if you are leaving alone.
Old 13th November 2007, 12:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

naa, thats not good, sorry about that jassi. Your experience has really pepped me up. Need to add more security gadgets, in my gadget bag
Old 13th November 2007, 12:43   #21
BHPian

kaushik - thats some interesting input - last night with all the cops hanging out at my place, the thieves would have thought to hit that side. The police surely sucks if they can't catch these boys hanging around in daytime and doing repeated robberies. Infact last night after the cops left at around 130 i passed from kagdaspura road and saw the cops hang around at the uti bank atm.
Either the cops are that dumb or they are involved themselves

Did last nights victims file a complaint yet. I am guessing these thieves monitor for a few months then break-in during holidays and then go in hiding till next time. In my case despite leaving lights and music on they very well knew I wasn't there and also were very focussed on what they wanted to steal (big consumer electronics devices and broke open cupboard for other possibilities). Also, these must be the same guys who are stealing car music systems - man I would give anything to punch these thieves real bad
Old 13th November 2007, 12:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your harrowing experience, Jassi.
BTW, what protection does Zicom offer? I thought it is only a camera that enables you to see who is knocking the door.
Old 13th November 2007, 12:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Horrible incident. Everytime we go out, our mom warns us of potential of a similar incident. On the upside, atleast the dacoits didnt attack when you were at home.
Old 13th November 2007, 12:53   #24
BHPian

i was checking this just before leaving for my vacation at the airport

Zicom - Product Information

they have burglar alarm system and remote monitoring as well dvr solutions

Zicom - Consumer Group

I think they also throw in a theft insurance.

If only I would have got this done earlier
Old 13th November 2007, 13:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info. Wonder how much the Video monitoring system costs
Old 13th November 2007, 13:37   #26
BHPian

finally got a temp sturdy wooden plank put up on the bathroom window for now. Getting a new grill put in there morrow and new wooden bathroom door.
Kinda scared to leave the house in this state now dunno how i will step out for finding new house!! or visit police station to get a copy of FIR or buy new locks
contemplating if i should put zicom in this house and then move to next house (and move zicom setup also) or hold zicom purchase till i move to new house
Old 13th November 2007, 13:41   #27
BHPian

Now that you are looking to move out of your current house , i think you should hold the Zicom purchase or may be ask the house owner to install it for you.
Old 13th November 2007, 14:06   #28
Team-BHP Support

Thats really sad jassi. Even though I live on 7th floor of an apartment building, whenever we go out there is this worry of somebody getting in.
I wish there was some way to booby trap the windows etc., so that whoever comes in does not go out.
this alarm system is a good idea, along with the insurance. I am going to apply for homeowners insurance right away.
Old 13th November 2007, 14:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

Sorry on the loss jassi. I know how it feel when you loose things you bought with hard earned money. Just two weeks back i lost my Imate Jasjar phone worth 45K at my office.

Can we have a thread or use this thread to pool the knowledge on securing house when you go on vacation. In this case Jassi has secured his entire house except for the bathroom window. How can we secure these windows? Lock the bathroom door from outside? Still the burgulars can break open the door or atleast slip with those expensive Jaguar taps. What else can be done?
Old 13th November 2007, 14:43   #30
BHPian

Really sad to hear your loss jassi, we possess many things of commmon ( including the Archos player but excepting ps3 ) and was wondering how it would have felt if the same would have happened to me !! I also know what you mean by repaying the credit cards as I am going through the same phase, total hand to mouth situation . I have had personally horrible experiences with Bangalore police when i was in bangalore ( for around 2 years) . In one of the instance they had abused us in kannada because me and my two friends were sitting on the Balcony(yes our own house balcony ) and smoking, chatting at 2 am in the morning . I am not surprised with their "Investigation" at all . I really hope that you get back the stuff you have lost . Take care buddy !!

Most Viewed