Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2008, 10:05   #76
Team-BHP Support

Great news, Jassi!!
I frankly didnt expect a happy ending to this tale.
Old 5th July 2008, 10:11   #77
Senior - BHPian

Wow Jassi - that is great news. Getting back your stuff after so many months when you think that all is lost - is simply a fairytale.

I am happy for you mate.
Old 5th July 2008, 10:18   #78
BHPian

Thanks guys - good cops do exist and happy endings do happen

as far as securing the house guys - i shifted out of the independent house to a huge gated community far far away !! there is security all over the place here - to rob somehting here multiple people at different points have to be in cahoots.
i still follow the same funda - leave some light on, not tell maid, newspaper guy, etc that i am going out, but the biggest fact is i moved in with an ol' friend who does not travel much, so if i am travelling in most cases he is still at home, unless its diwali vacations all over again as we both goto pune for that i was also planning to put the home security sensors n stuff (7k and you get insurance and 24X7 monitoring too it seems).

What I've learnt is "your tactics of fooling people only work for the casual onlooker or chamko salesman, if someone is seriously interested in breaking in to your house, believe me they will do their homework and not get stuck with your lights on or continuous looping music poys!!"
Old 5th July 2008, 16:21   #79
BHPian

Great news J! Well thats a fairytale ending, enjoy it dude.

OT: Now that you have two PS3's, can we expect to see one of them listed on the "Giveaway thread"? The one that the thieves took away, at least. I am the first in line; I'll come to Bangy and pick it up.
Old 5th July 2008, 16:41   #80
BHPian

i am constructively using both PS3s 40gb indian PS3 for playing indian dvds and someday indian blurays and the recovered US 60gb PS3 for linux home theatre project (plays all my media formats) and occasional US blurays and US dvds. I game on both and both are on hd video and dolby audio
Old 5th July 2008, 16:45   #81
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!

That is great news. I did not expect a happy ending with our police involved. So there are good guys out there.
Old 5th July 2008, 17:12   #82
BHPian

yeah PatienceWins - i mean patience wins cheers:
Old 6th July 2008, 01:29   #83
BHPian

Bad things happen to every kind of person good people are no exception.
happy you got your things back.good luck
Old 6th July 2008, 10:57   #84
ECM
BHPian

I recall similar incident few days back when one bank officer's house was robbed when he went out of station,when he came back he filed a complain in local police station,he was called by police 4 times to identify some stuff which they recovered recently from robbers,finally it was Sunday and he got a call from police station,being a Sunday he called me and requested if I can join with him as this time he was told big "muddamaal"has recovered and some items are similar to his stolen ones.
Scene at police station.

Sir,we are here as per your call- said bank employee.

Good,jab tak bulaya na jaye uss kone me beitho.

after 30 minutes psi appeared and while having a look on us he said,

Ye kaun se chakkar me idhar darshan dene aaye hai?

Saab wo maal aaya hai na kal raat ko wo shayad unka ho sakta hai isliye aaye hai replied cop.

Thik hai..oye tum dono andar jao aur fatafat saman check karke kaam khatam karo,we went in.

Some silver plates-spoons-cups were there including some vcd players.

psi comes in...

Mil gaya na?

Bank employee- Nahi

psi to cop: oye ye maal bhi unke list se mel nahi kha raha kya?

cop:Kha raha hai na,unki 6 plates thi ye 8 hai aur 2-3 cd players bhi hai

Psi with a horrible look to bank employee: To kya taklif hai tuje?

Sir names on plates are different,this properties are not mine,my plates were bigger these are smaller one and mine was a Sony VCD,ye Philips ka hai.

Teri to..........****,hum ko kya samajte ho tum?Kya hum idhar hawa khane beithe hai?Plates pe jo bhi likha hai Mahesh/Dharmesh/kamesh ya Ramesh,go to a writer who sits in main market,uske upar tera Naam likhva le aur rahi baat tere VCD ki Sony me Sholay ki CD dalega to Sholay dikhega to Ye Philips me Sholay ki jagah koi Gujarati film dikhegi?Utha sab idhar se aur sign karo ki maal mil gaya hai.Fokut me kahan se aake pareshan karte hai ye log.Muje case close karna hai aaj aur Abhi.

Bank employee looked at me and I said slowly.

Uthao maal.
Old 6th July 2008, 11:06   #85
BHPian

wow that is some incident - nothing like that happened to me
the police took me through all the stuff which was recovered and i clearly told them what was mine and what was not and they did say once take the extra watches and car stereo, but i insisted once its not mine and they were ok with it
I guess bangy police, or atleast the cops i dealt with were decent chaps
Old 8th September 2008, 17:38   #86
BHPian

Congrats man , My Archos died on me two months back and my warrnty is expiring on Sep 23 . Dont know what to do :-( . No US trip until next year for me :-( !!
Old 25th September 2008, 09:29   #87
BHPian

Court hearing !!

Dear All - i was called today by the police and told to come to the court tomorrow at 11am. Some mayo hall court, hall 10.
It seems they also called my neighbours in the old house and asked them to show up too.
Now I wanted to know, what is needed to be done. I mean I will go for sure and so will my neighbours (they called and confirmed). But I was told by police guy that this will get over in 1 hr.
So is this like one of those "taariq pe taariq" kind of things we see in movies as i don't want to spend too much time and energy and neither do I want my ex-neighbours to be called on working days and inconvenience them.
Please let me know what is recommended path to close this out peacefully (i don't want to be in a position where the theives take revenge from me after being released 1 yr down the line )
Also do I need some lawyer or as they say in movies "if you don't have one, one will be provided to you" and how much are we talking in terms of shelling out here.
I know its ethically right to pursue the case and all, but I don't want to get into too much hassles, but at the same time not get the police to feel I backed out and wasted their efforts.

Last edited by jassi : 25th September 2008 at 09:33.
Old 25th September 2008, 10:21   #88
BHPian

I had a similar experience...our tv was stolen and and recovered a month later.
We had filed a case with the police the same day.

This was a Samsumg 29 inch CRT TV. It weighs a lot.

Anyways, we were called by BTM Layout police and were told that the CCB office (near Majestic) has the TV. We went there identified the TV and took it home. Later we were asked to attend court..hold your breath...with the TV!!!!

So we carried the TV to the court (Civil Court, Nrupathunga Road). Reached there in the morning 10am. Court opened at 11am. and our case was called in afternoon session.
Why, because we dint know how to deal with the 'Court PC' from the CCB side. Finally we had to give him Rs. 400 and then the file reached the magistrate.

What happened: The so called thief who had stoled our tv was brought into the stand, we (me and my roommate) had to read the oath and answer questions by the judge. Some lawyers came and looked at the TV and finally 'release order' was given.
We took the TV home (total kharcha around 2500 bucks, citi taxi for carrying the tv, bribe to the Court PC, and we had to hire a lawyer) and of course waste of two working days.
Old 25th September 2008, 10:38   #89
Senior - BHPian

Indian administration on its best like always
Old 25th September 2008, 23:57   #90
BHPian

Well there is no way, I am going to be able to lug all this recovered stuff to the court. They haven't asked me to either. But it seems if they ask me to I will need to carry the stuff to court - this is mentioned in the papers i signed during recovery.
Can someone here translate these for me maybe just the gist, especially if I hope I haven't signed something wrong!!
recovery1.pdf
recovery2.pdf
I will probably take a print out of the pic taken when I got the recovered stuff
Diwali robbery - thief makes hay when the diwali lights shine - NOW RECOVERED!!-p070608_19.16.jpg
Lets see how it goes !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks