Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2007, 09:29   #1
BHPian

Living in Delhi

Dear All I am relocating to delhi, am looking for a place to stay , 1-2 Bhk, Want to stay in south delhi,
Also need help with details on food joints etc.
Old 16th November 2007, 09:49   #2
BHPian

Also looking for a good mechanic for A Zen (not looking for a maruti workshop).
Old 16th November 2007, 10:30   #3
BHPian

Whats your budget mate? South Delhi is kinda expensive.

And loads of food joints etc available so no worries on that count.
Old 16th November 2007, 10:31   #4
BHPian

Hi,

Would you be moving alone- What budget do you have in mind-Would you be working somewhere in South Delhi.

These answers will help narrow and find a good choice of residential accomadation for you.

You can look at Sarita Vihar DDA - Decent 2/3 Bedroom Apartments- Avg Rents : 6000-12,000 Depending on Block.

Saket DDA and Vasant Kunj DDA - Offer same rent ranges with slightly higher variations but Water issues are well known in Vasant Kunj.

Aprox Distance(From Sarita Vihar) : Apollo Hospital : 2.2 KM , Nehru Place : 7 KM , Kalkaji : 7.4 KM , Saket : 13 KM , Vasant Kunj : 17 , GK 1 : 8.3 KM , GK 2 : 8.1 , IIT Delhi : 11 KM,Ashram : 6 KM , CP : 13.8 KM,CR Park : 8 KM, Bhikaji Kama Place : 16 KM

Most of these distances are common for the mentioned areas below, but depends on where you live to calculate the Running. Average Running is 30 KM Point to Point covering most of south delhi.

If you're looking for Sharing Accomadation, Lajpat Nagar and Amar Colony are the areas, But usually you get Roof Top rooms as Independent,since the floors are leased out-Security and Water are crunch issues.

If you're looking at decent Builder Floors for the family then Kalkaji, GK2,GreenPark,East of Kailash,New Friends Colony are good options for a Decent Range of 8000-25000.

Cheaper Floors then Lajpat Nagar,South Ex,Malviya Nagar at 8000-15000

Food is not an issue anywhere in South Delhi- All these areas mentioned have large food joints, Medical Stores,Retail Stores and Hospitals in the vincity.

Major Issues to Look for before setting on a Choice : Parking, Water , Electricity , Security.

For your Maruti, You have Rohan Motors-Mohan Co-Op-Mathura Road near Apollo Hospital , Maruti Service Masters- Okhla near Kalkaji, etc etc...That too is not a problem.

Last edited by wolfinstein : 16th November 2007 at 10:46.
Old 16th November 2007, 11:06   #5
Team-BHP Support

Come to Noida. Seriously. Posh or not, most colonies of south Delhi face acute water shortage. Esp the low end colonies.
Noida is just a DND flyways away(20 minutes drive), and you will get same facilities for half the price.
Moreover most of the branded stuff and big ticket stores(Shopper stop, hometown, Lifestyle, Pantaloons, Globus, Big Bazaar ....) are in Noida, and most of south Delhi comes to Noida for shopping.
The only good place in South Delhi is GK twins, but then you need to pay around 30K a month to get a decent house there.
Old 16th November 2007, 16:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

and NEVER EVER consider gur-gaon!

just reverse whatever tsk wrote above
Old 16th November 2007, 16:39   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
and NEVER EVER consider gur-gaon!

just reverse whatever tsk wrote above
Hey why do you say that. Gurgaon is a nice place to live with just a few compromises like 12 Hours power cuts, no water supply, no security and Traffic jams all the way. This place has become hell.

Lajpat Nagar, Noida, GK, New friends colony are all places to look for renting an apartment. New friends is full of food joints from top of the line to daily needs.
Old 16th November 2007, 17:13   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Come to Noida. Seriously. Posh or not, most colonies of south Delhi face acute water shortage. Esp the low end colonies.
Noida is just a DND flyways away(20 minutes drive), and you will get same facilities for half the price.
Moreover most of the branded stuff and big ticket stores(Shopper stop, hometown, Lifestyle, Pantaloons, Globus, Big Bazaar ....) are in Noida, and most of south Delhi comes to Noida for shopping.
The only good place in South Delhi is GK twins, but then you need to pay around 30K a month to get a decent house there.
I spent 4 good yrs(2000-2004) in Noida, and I second what he is saying.

Unlucky me, who will be relocating to gurgaon( because I will work there ) coming december 10.

Am getting guest house in DLF IV for first 1 month , but have to hunt for a 2 bedroom apartment in that 1 month (probably near Palam vihar )
Old 16th November 2007, 18:41   #9
BHPian

Phew – times certainly have changed. When I lived in Noida in 1995-96, it had nothing by way of malls or entertainment options. Commuting to Connaught Place was a nightmare, with the (single) Nizamuddin bridge choked at peak hours. It was a great relief when the drive-in McDonalds opened the following year in (I think) Sector 16. I wonder if I'll recognise the place if I visit now.
Old 16th November 2007, 20:18   #10
BHPian

Thanks for all the lovely info guys, I will be working in noida, Details are Bachelor.(Married to my Car ZEN) need a good secure parking spot for my sweetheart. Would like a place where the landlord lives closeby, so his maid can do most of the housework ( cleaning washing clothes etc) maybe food also. Budget not exceeding 10K
Old 16th November 2007, 22:28   #11
BHPian

Then Sarita Vihar is the best option if in case u need to live in South Delhi ( Sec 18-Noida-7 km , Sec 62 Noida-19.6 Km, Mayur Vihar-11 Km) Else you can look at Vasundhra Enclave behind Sec 16, Jalvayu Vihar Sec 24-25, Apartment societies in Noida Sec 62.

Maids are available here, not neccessarily the landlords maid. Whatever you do opt for Lease on Stamp Paper, Most Landlords here prefer Company lease, so your HR will need to have paperwork done for you.

If you do decide on Noida, Ensure the Parking-Security. Budget is OK you are likely to find a decent 2 room set in the mentioned locations
Old 17th November 2007, 00:38   #12
Team-BHP Support

10K and secure parking? You can only find that in noida. There are lot of good apartments in noida(2 bedroom) available for around 8000-9000+ maintenance. You get covered parking and generator backup(500VA). Some apartments offer 3KVA backup so that you can run AC, but you pay what you use.
Old 21st November 2007, 18:17   #13
BHPian

Hi!

If you are working in Noida, no point in going to South Delhi. you will get decent 2 BHK apartment or house in Noida in 10K and you have the option of Mayur Vihar Phase 1 and Vasundhra Enclave. Also, which sector in noida is your company located, plan accordingly. Food, maid should not be any problem, just be prepared for chilling weather if you are planning to come in next 2-3 months..

I have been living in noida for last 3 years and i change my house every year (thats the best thing about rented house, if you are bored.. change it). If you need further information please feel free to ask.
Old 22nd March 2011, 11:41   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Living in Delhi

Noida: loaded with options for staying. you can check out the societies adjoining the expressway.
Non-authorozied maruti centres - loads of 'em in sector 16 auto market, right next to the DND tollroad.
They're right, you know.Forget delhi(and south delhi is way too expensive).Noida is much better,price-wise, as well as as a place to stay.
Old 22nd March 2011, 12:29   #15
BANNED

Re: Living in Delhi

I have been staying at Sector-61, Noida for a short term deputation for the past 3 months now and believe me, the place is good. The roads are wide, markets/malls close by,Metro connectivity etc and I have a secured parking as well in my apartment complex.
Noida is far better than any other NCR area barring a few areas in Delhi, which would be obscenely expensive as well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks