Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2012, 12:32   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Packers & Movers: Post all queries here

Any pointers to a good/reliable 'packing/moving' firm in Chennai ? This is for local shifting within Chennai.
Old 7th May 2012, 16:35   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Any pointers to a good/reliable 'packing/moving' firm in Chennai ? This is for local shifting within Chennai.
Update :

Finally, got it done this last saturday without any hassles, thanks to the thoroughly professsional work done by Agarwal Packers and Movers .

A big thumbs down to ICM logistics, who I was following-up with initially, and who threw a spanner in the works at the last minute. Totally unprofessional and no follow-up from their end at all..."Saar, i will get back to you shortly" is the standard reply from them , and they will never call back. I had to keep calling them for updates , and finally they said that they do not have a truck available on saturday (on friday evening ).
After this downturn, I made a single call to Agarwal P&M, they confirmed the details, and the truck was at our doorstep at 9:45 am the next day, as against the committed time of 10:00am...big thumbs up !
Old 1st June 2012, 01:35   #108
BHPian

Stay away from www.agarwalpackers.in

Here is my recent experience with Agarwal Packers and Movers

I recently transported my car (Zen Estilo) from Lucknow to Mumbai using Agarwal Movers & Packers (Agarwal Packers and Movers | Packers and Movers | Packers & Movers | Movers and Packers ) . They promised to transport it within 6 days. I paid 3-4,000 more than other movers because I thought they were safe and reliable. However they are just as bad as any local service. The car arrived 16 days later. In between I must have phoned there offices in Lucknow, Hyderabad and Mumbai 35-40 times. Either they would not pickup or simply tell me they would call back later and then never did.

I was extremely frustrated but could not do anything because they had my car and took the total fees in advance. When my car finally arrived the front left window was broken, number plate was damaged and one of the door locks was broken. When I pointed this out to the driver he said that is how it must have been shipped from Lucknow! The whole interior was covered with dust because of the broken window. I demanded compensation, but the driver said he only had 500 and I could take the money now or else he would take the car again and deliver it in a few days after he got it repaired at a "local garage". He also demanded money for filling fuel and PUC even though the fuel tank was empty and I had never asked for a PUC! I was so frustrated that I took rs.500 compensation for damages over Rs.2000 and took my car back.

Overall the experience was horrible and I will never go back to them again or recommend them to anyone. Don't go by their website its all lies.
Old 3rd June 2012, 14:07   #109
BHPian

guys pls suggest a good packer and mover agency for pune to banglore movement. how much should I expect to shell out for 2bhk home?
Old 23rd August 2012, 08:26   #110
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I need a Packers & Movers to relocate from Bangalore to Ernakulam. I have reached out to some of them and waiting for the inspection and quotes.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.
Old 24th August 2012, 16:36   #111
naj
BHPian

Hi!!

Please can anyone suggest P&M for overseas transit. I will be relocating to the US for good . Is there a way I can have my Home theater and few household stuff flown over to the US and delivered to the US address.

Pls also advise regarding tentative expenses that I would incur.

Cheers,
naj
Old 2nd September 2012, 13:15   #112
BHPian

hi,

need to move my car from mumbai to bangalore. any reliable/cheap movers you guys can suggest.

Time to transport is not an issue at all. I am moving my old city for selling (its registering in karnataka). i would prefer to have it done at a low cost. Spoke to agarwal and they are quoting 14k

Is getting it driven advisable?
Old 17th October 2012, 00:09   #113
BANNED

Folks - need recommendation for packers and movers for HYD->BLR relocation. Looking for some pointers especially from the Nawabs
Also feedback on Amigo and Crown packers.

Thanks,
Vijay
Old 18th October 2012, 13:25   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Folks - need recommendation for packers and movers for HYD->BLR relocation. Looking for some pointers especially from the Nawabs
Also feedback on Amigo and Crown packers.

Thanks,
Vijay
If budget is not a concern go with SantaFE relocations they are extremely professional and well organised.

Cheers,
Old 22nd October 2012, 23:11   #115
BHPian

Hello Fellow Members,

I am planning to shift my Santro from Mumbai to Delhi through a car carrier service. I have come across mixed feedback regarding Agarwal Packers and Movers. However, while googling I found another similarly sounding service provider named "Agarwal Removals pvt Ltd." (http://www.agarwalremovals.com/) I called there Mumbai contact and was told that the original Agarwal brothers had split and the second brother has started this.

They have offered me the cheapest rate (Approx 8500) among the many that I checked with. Now my dilemma is that whether I should go ahead with them as I am not much aware about their credentials.

Has anyone here used there services (or atleast heard of them). Are there any better recommendations for this route. Is the cost quoted reasonable?

Thanks
Rohit
Old 29th October 2012, 15:19   #116
BHPian

R.K Packers problems, urgent help needed

Guys, I have a bit of an issue.
Last Monday (22-10-10) I sent a scooter from Bombay to Bangalore via R.K Packers and Movers. They said that it would be dispatched that very night and reach by Friday or Saturday. I kept following up, and ultimately they said that it would be delivered today (Mon, 29-10-12).
Now, I learn that they have been lying to me, they told my friend in Bangalore who i the recipient of the scooter that they dispatched it on Thursday (25-10-12) and now they say the truck had some issues and will only reach tomorrow (Tue, 30-10-12).

Now I'm in another soup, I need to transport a lot of luggage (1 truck load) from Bombay to Bangalore again. This HAS to reach by Saturday (3-11-12) no two ways about that.
I spoke with Aggarwal packers and they were acting really pricey by saying they would have to come inspect the stuff then get an estimate etc etc, the process itself would take a week.
The only other big agency that I'm aware of is R.K Packers.
They have given me a quote of Rs.19,000 for the truck load. This includes door pickup, packing, door delivery, unpacking + setting it up.
Is this too much?
What I told them (R.K) is that if you deliver my scooter tomorrow, I will give you the stuff to transport tomorrow itself. But if it's not delivered then you stand to lose. Is this a sensible decision?
I told them that I can get a million packers in a minute, but in reality, I don't know anyone who offers the same range of services that I need for this stuff, which is bulky and fragile. Do you know of any other service that I might be able to use?
Time is precious, it has to be delivered by Saturday. It can't not get dispatched by tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

P.S: I spent 5k on sending the scooter to Bangalore. Too much?
Old 29th October 2012, 15:40   #117
Team-BHP Support

Re: R.K Packers problems, urgent help needed

Dont worry. Road transport is always a dicey thing. Your scooter will reach its destination although it may get delayed a bit. Generally the road transport guys always play games. Your scooter would have not left Mumbai for a good few days. They would have kept it in their warehouse in Mumbai or outskirts somewhere (Panvel?). Once they found the right truck for bangalore that had some space left in it they would have boarded your scooter in that. Basically, they charged you for the scooter and then someone else who actually paid for the full truck but could not utilize it fully ended up transporting the scooter at his cost.

About reliable ones, Agarawal comes to the mind first. Dont think they are acting pricey. They actually do a survey of all the things and then make an estimate of the number of boxes, amount of packing material, time and men for the task and the size of the truck they will need. Based on that they quote you the price. In case you do not have too many things you can laternately tell them what you have. Like I told them the last time that I had sold everything and there was no fridge, dining table or bed to transport. Only the knick-knacks. Even the TV I was to carry in the car. Of course it was an intercity transport of goods and they provided me a quote over the phone. Helps if you find out the manager there and remember his name for further followup conversations.

Alternatives have Leo Packers and Movers as the most prominent one in competition with Agarwal. In many cities, Gati cargo also carries household goods.
Old 29th October 2012, 15:54   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

If you paid 5K for just a scooter, isnt 19k for a truck load VFM ?

One suggestion: pls insist on a closed truck. While most are, it helps to sure.
Old 29th October 2012, 15:55   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Dont worry. Road transport is always a dicey thing. Your scooter will reach its destination although it may get delayed a bit. Generally the road transport guys always play games. Your scooter would have not left Mumbai for a good few days. They would have kept it in their warehouse in Mumbai or outskirts somewhere (Panvel?). Once they found the right truck for bangalore that had some space left in it they would have boarded your scooter in that. Basically, they charged you for the scooter and then someone else who actually paid for the full truck but could not utilize it fully ended up transporting the scooter at his cost.

About reliable ones, Agarawal comes to the mind first. Dont think they are acting pricey. They actually do a survey of all the things and then make an estimate of the number of boxes, amount of packing material, time and men for the task and the size of the truck they will need. Based on that they quote you the price. In case you do not have too many things you can laternately tell them what you have. Like I told them the last time that I had sold everything and there was no fridge, dining table or bed to transport. Only the knick-knacks. Even the TV I was to carry in the car. Of course it was an intercity transport of goods and they provided me a quote over the phone. Helps if you find out the manager there and remember his name for further followup conversations.

Alternatives have Leo Packers and Movers as the most prominent one in competition with Agarwal. In many cities, Gati cargo also carries household goods.

Thanks a lot Zappo,
Bang on, they're in Vashi. They rode the scooter from my place (Marine Drive) to their warehouse. Interesting insight, did not think of it in that way.

I have honestly am not too worried about the scooter reaching. Just a bit pissed at the way its been handled.
My main concern is the stuff that I need to transport currently.
About Aggarwal, I tried doing that, they said its a lot of stuff and they would need to do a survey. I just do not have the time for that.

I am corresponding with a "marketing manager" of R.K or so it says on his business card. Doesn't play the part too well though.
I will have a word with Leo.
I tried Gati for the scooter, they said that they do not pack or provide transit insurance.

What is your take on the quote?
Old 29th October 2012, 16:10   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_pal View Post
I will have a word with Leo.
I tried Gati for the scooter, they said that they do not pack or provide transit insurance.
try them out although my experience says they are sometimes costlier than Agarwal.

About Gati, are you really bothered with that in case you are ok with them as a transporter? There are hundreds of guys who do fantastic packing of the entire household stuff (far better than the transporters) within 3k to 5k. Transit insurance you can take on your own or ask gati to help you and they will tell you where you can get that. Its that simple.

However, for hassles free experience I would still say look at an end-to-end solution provider.

By the way, depending on the city Gati does/coordinates everything. I know if you are in the eastern parts of the country Gati does everything that Agarwal or Leo does. May be they subcontract some of it but to you its seamless out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_pal View Post
What is your take on the quote?
I find it a little too cheap and am wondering how reliable this quote is. I also remember a recent such case where my BIL and 4 of his colleagues (all armed forces guys) were supposed to have moved to a new destination on their posting. One of the guys took charge of the transport and got a very "enticing" quote. The bottomline of that episode was that the transporter ran away midway through packing their stuff when he realized that he goofed up big time in estimation of the size and number of trucks needed. He had taken close to Rs.40000 in advance from the four guys.

Dont get into such a situation/trap.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks