Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2007, 15:46   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
all i can say is that "time has made a lot of changes - good and bad"
An Kol is not the only Indian city to get affected by it. The bitter truth is almost all Indian cities have.
Old 21st November 2007, 15:46   #17
BHPian

@planet : avoid Park Circus crossing. if possible leave your car at office and cab / walk it via Beckbagan.
Old 21st November 2007, 15:49   #18
BHPian

Its best to avoid central kolkata now

@planet - I really suggest you stay back until things settle down.

My house is 5/10 mins walking distance from AJC Bose Road/Park Circus, already told wifey to go to her mom's house .Planning to stay at office until sanity is restored .
Old 21st November 2007, 15:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Army (in full battle gear) already deployed in several areas. Traffic has come to a standstill nearly all over the city. Was stuck in the car for 45 mins.

Last edited by shuvd : 21st November 2007 at 16:01.
Old 21st November 2007, 16:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Curfew has been called for, but not sure if its localized or for the whole city. As of now in office. This part of town is peaceful, but may have a tough time getting home since a good bit of the Bypass has been blocked off, and the rest is backed up with traffic.

Extremely sad to see this. Kolkata was going somewhere good, but of late things are going back to the dogs :(
All this is fuelled by some bull**** political agendas that is causing the general populace, the city's image and the industries major harm.
Old 21st November 2007, 17:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

I can still see thick black smoke from my room! My neighbour's kid is stuck in a school bus somewhere. The situation is really bad.

Just a while back a police vehicle was torched. The police are still being pelted by the mob.

Last edited by shuvd : 21st November 2007 at 17:13.
Old 21st November 2007, 17:14   #22
BHPian

The reports on tv are also not very encouraging. Reports of vehicles being burnt despite Army being present on the street right under their noses. These seem to be very determined group of so called protesters.
Old 21st November 2007, 17:22   #23
BHPian

I think I will sleep at office !! Trouble has started infront of apollo in bypass, situation getting grave !
Old 21st November 2007, 18:41   #24
BHPian

Curfew is to be in effect from 10pm - 6am in parts of Calcutta.

Mullick Bazar, Ripon St, Beckbagan & Park Circus confirmed on news.
Situation next to my place (elliot road, ripon st crossing) getting better.

Be safe guys.
Old 21st November 2007, 19:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

Update: The situation is cooling down. Finally! Be safe guys, and try not to travel at night. I've already canceled my mid-week party plans.
Old 21st November 2007, 22:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

"itna sannata kyun hai?" - well thats how it feels in beck bagan - 3 army trucks, 2 army gypsies and 2 police gypsies are parked here. situation is "under control" in my neighbourhood. Planet and the m800 safely parked in the church ground. *touchwood*.

the news clips are nothing if compared to the real clips that Kolkata witnessed today. thanks to the politicians and their so called "party workers" you guys should go through the comments made by the "Netas" (leaders).
Old 21st November 2007, 23:00   #27
BHPian

The best (or worst) and most disgusting comment was made by the cm a few days back when he said that "they were paid back in their own coin". I don't understand how such people are chosen to represent us? These things make my head go down in shame.
Old 22nd November 2007, 09:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

situation is more or less normal now in Park Circus area (including beck bagan) with the Army, R.A.F and the cops still on the streets.

no further clashes reported since last evening.

details:
NDTV.com: Kolkata continues to be tense 7:41:00 AM
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:11   #29
BHPian

Update - reached office late , on the way noticed 5 to 6 cars all burnt . Three of them were lying topsy turvy - nothing was left - could not make out the model as we just zipped past them ,the other two were either a getz or a swift ( again could not make out).Loads of police in park circus crossing , after getting down from the Chaar No Bridge saw a police kiosk all burnt down and three army shaktimans all loaded with jawans fully equipped just in case hell breaks loose . Could not help noticing the HUGE tyres the vehicle have !!!
Further down a round police kiosk had been burnt and the charred reamins were visible, only the base was left with the pillars and the roof all burnt down , there were broken glasses in some place . I guess the road sweepers today had a full time job ,life slowly seems to be getting back to normal. It was in the papers that the army was called in after 15 years ( last was on the Ayodhya incident) . Lets hope peace reigns today !

Last edited by nikunj_cal : 22nd November 2007 at 11:12.
Old 22nd November 2007, 12:12   #30
BHPian

From what i saw in the news yesterday, these guys are planning a similar 'rasta roko' tomorrow as well starting from 9 am.

Look out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks