Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2007, 12:25   #31
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Dude, no disrespect but there is a 6X9 PLUS a tweeter instead of rear lights on the swift. It's not practical.
Yes I do know that taillight mod is not practical but it was meant to be a showcar na?

What I meant was The interior setup was quite practical. You could use the thing for your everday use too.

By the way Yours was a Class apart. Is it the Loudest car in India right now?

Also are the mods by any chance done by Autopysche?
Old 26th November 2007, 15:45   #32
BANNED

the word performance needs to go out from the name of this place. i called up NC before i went he said the same thing. i went there, dint really dig it. saw the jbl stall first cars were nice. most of them were locked. and one swift was powered off and other was playing partner inside, i really dont like to listen to hindi music on such installs really. dint find any tbhp members there at 7.30pm. the h2 was nice but locked again. i just came back from my mechanic and now that h2 is standing there without the jbl stickers saw it from inside and all that was nicer than yesterday. loved that nissan whtever that was in silver. jbl crv was also powered off and locked up. then went inside useless DC creations with mahindra FIRST whatever that was. the 4 bad advert cars were such an embarasment. the nissan was so much nicer when it was for sale for 15 laks now it looks like red/gold tinbox. i dont care if its 1200 bhp. i really loved the jbl swifts and audible swift. neat stuff. loved the RR phantom and i sat in one last year at worli. they let me in since we had bought a 750 li from them last year. was fun. i wanted to sit in the new RR too but dint bother as my GF was way too bored. the highlights and good cars there were the fiat abarth, h2 white, RR phantom. most of the cars inside we see on the roads so nothing fancied me at all. i dint take pics since i knew ppl will be posting. i would like to see all the people in bombay with kitted cars and having and showing off their rides. i guess it costs a lot to organise such an event but the point of it is baseless. its more like ppl trying to sell their stuff there. highlight was intex store selling a DVD player for rs. 22000. i would never spend so much on such a brand and then he said here its on discount u get it here for rs. 16000. i still would not pay for it. im bored now, i loved the jbl stall again mentioned but sad the swifts were not playing loud or anything good. there was one RS which i was to buy and it was painted purple with a HORRID bodykit as well. the paint was super i digged it to death but the kit come on....... who has pics of that. the rims stalls were nice. lenso was kickasss with their rims. new designs were there too which im sure future swift owners would love to buy. thats it. this is my views and the reason i dint enjoy it so much is because i travel a lot and the shows abroad are much more cooler. adios.....
Old 26th November 2007, 16:20   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
Good coverage guys, but i heard of some offroad track built by the Mahindra's and they had a pickup for testdrive, guys any pics of that ???

Yeah there was this little track by mahindra for showing off their off road capabilities. They even had a ramp with really steep inclinations. (Go up one side and come down the other)

But they didnt let us drive on it. So it was something like a roller coaster ride.
Old 26th November 2007, 16:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

The only vehicles which deserved to be on the shows purely looking from a "performance" angle were Fiat Abarth and the Yamaha bikes. The rest were just fillers. Of course, the worst offender was the "Yupp" thingy splashed on nice looking cars. I guess this was allowed becoz GS is a pally of HS.

But then I don't think anyone took the "peformance" tag seriously and went to the show. At least I didn't and I knew what to expect from the show.. gawk at nice cars and nicer gals (even when I had wifey in tow )
Old 26th November 2007, 16:33   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Dude, no disrespect but there is a 6X9 PLUS a tweeter instead of rear lights on the swift. It's not practical.
It was pure crap. All these weirdly placed speakers and then just ONE 12" sub??? Can't say that the guy at the stall was very knowledgeable too.
Old 26th November 2007, 16:35   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Also are the mods by any chance done by Autopysche?
It said so on the cars "bootie"
Old 26th November 2007, 16:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
the word performance needs to go out from the name of this place. dint find any tbhp members there at 7.30pm. the h2 was nice but locked again. jbl crv was also powered off and locked up.
Jesal you went there when everything was shut and about to close. How will you find anyone or any car open there ? hehe.

Anyways - am glad you noticed the other stalls - I only visited the Hyundai stall and the Yamaha stall. And stopped at the Fiat Abarth Punto car - also because of the hostess !!

Also the wierd interior design stall (don't know the name) just after that horrendous purplr kitted Octy - was way OTT. Tiger print seat covers maan I tell you.

Anyways a couple of stalls had a few turbos and exhaust system that could be performance parts. Rest of the stalls with alloys and music systems cannot be performance parts - hehehe.

ps- Both the Japanese manufacturers had the most boring stalls - Mitsubhishi and Honda. What to do !

Last edited by normally_crazy : 26th November 2007 at 16:48.
Old 26th November 2007, 17:01   #38
BANNED

sorry it was 6.30pm not 7.30 lol i just saw the timing, no yaar not happy still. i totally forgot about mahinda stall. another trick buy some crap of theirs and u get a ride. what the hell. i dint even understand the concept. might as well just give a ride, so show off how cool the car is. my girl really wanted a ride in it. i was like lets buy something really even i dunno what i was thinking lol. she went like are u mad or something. walked out next time name should read like. AUTOCAR CAR SHOW 2008. i hope 2008 they have atleast 50 good cars. and more really by the time my kids grow up the entire BKC should be full. then its gonna be fun. there should be some drifting and ebrake turns and stuff. like mahindra stalls lol. ok ive lost it im out.
Old 26th November 2007, 20:25   #39
BHPian

kitted octy

Hey jesal did u mean this one...

I think it was the only skoda around

horrible kit didnt like it 1 bit
Old 26th November 2007, 22:01   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohitD View Post

This deserves a place in the W&W thread !! At the very least, it doesn't belong here among the bold (Abarth) and the beautiful (RR)
Old 26th November 2007, 22:08   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Also the wierd interior design stall (don't know the name) just after that horrendous purplr kitted Octy - was way OTT. Tiger print seat covers maan I tell you.
And did you see the picture gallery he had put up? The Sidewinder was there.
Old 26th November 2007, 22:16   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
And did you see the picture gallery he had put up? The Sidewinder was there.
yeah.. the picture i took of it.
Old 27th November 2007, 00:39   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohitD View Post

this was the car i was to buy but the owner had banged it i knew so and the seller knew it too dealer i mean. owner i never met. crap kit but lovely color. what is this color callled that is on the octi i want to paint my car this
Old 27th November 2007, 11:33   #44
Senior - BHPian

No one here noticed the TVS stall? I have read that they displayed the TVS Apache RTR FI developing about 20.5 BHP and a top speed of 140 KMPH.
Old 27th November 2007, 12:01   #45
Senior - BHPian

the only thing which comes to my mind-jbl swifts.woderfull job sam ,payed up all the efforts youhave taken.side decals are fine.and color combination also just fine

ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks