Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2007, 16:31   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
Whom should we blame for this?
Govt. or the Janta or the companies?

Govt. - for not providing good roads and one good road like experss way and not giving instructions to the people how to drive carefully.
Do we need instructions to drive carefully??????
Ohhhhh Yes, WE ARE INDIANS. We NEED such instructions.

We might be the ONLY country where we need instructions like

PLEASE DO NOT URINATE HERE
PLEASE DO NOT SPIT HERE
PLEASE DO NOT TRAVEL WITHOUT TICKETS
PLEASE QUEUE
PLEASE STOP AT THE RED SIGNAL

-- Torqy

Last edited by Torqy : 26th November 2007 at 16:32. Reason: formatting
Old 26th November 2007, 16:32   #32
BANNED

And still nobody gives a damn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post

We might be the ONLY country where we need instructions like
PLEASE DO NOT URINATE HERE
PLEASE DO NOT SPIT HERE
PLEASE DO NOT TRAVEL WITHOUT TICKETS
PLEASE QUEUE
PLEASE STOP AT THE RED SIGNAL

-- Torqy
Old 26th November 2007, 17:00   #33
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Superbikers are a common sight on the expressway, but they usually dont race. its more of the Stunts, burnouts, wheelies , stopies donuts etc .... This incident could have been a result of a stunt going awfully wrong.
Old 26th November 2007, 17:02   #34
Senior - BHPian

Wah Kya Topic Hai !!! ( Translation - What a Topic !! )

Hyundai.Lover - Wherever you are !! The thread becomes interesting & amusing automatically !! Just Kidding

Let me answer a few of your Questions -

Why is CM Stressing on Agra ?
Because I live there

On a more serious note - Everything connected to Delhi nowadays is being modernised in terms of Roads / Infrastructure.

Delhi is connected mainly 3 ways -

Agra, Jaipur, Chandigarh Route. these 3 cities then connect Delhi towards rest of India ( Rajasthan through jaipur, Mumbai / Bhopal / Indore through Agra, Punjab, Jammu, HP through Chandigarh / GT Karnal Road.

All 3 roads are excellent - Agra stressed mainly because every foreigner who lands in Delhi has to go to Agra ( Do not ask me why now OK !! ).

So that is the reason of Agra / Expressway !! Commonwealth is a very small reason. Commonwealth is only giving them a reason to speed up things.

As far as the bloke in the Santro goes - He was dumb enough doing 120 in a Tall boy car with all people packed in. Well - Why is the govt to be blamed ? To a certain extent - Yes, govt. is at fault BUT Santro was also doing speed which was dangerous enough.

Oh and last thing - How is the M800 safer than a Merc ? What Interview was this !! Can you give me the Link !! It will be a good laugh .

Cheers Mate !!!

Last edited by vkochar : 26th November 2007 at 17:05.
Old 26th November 2007, 17:19   #35
BHPian

What I understood from the news is that one Bike crashed and both the victims were on the same bike. I wonder if they were wearing any safety gear.

Having riden SBKs, I can tell you that it is extremely uncomfortable and dangerous to have a pillion on a SBK at speeds above 60-70 !!
For one, the centre of gravity changes because the pillion sits at a height and secondly, the momentum of the Bike increases because of the additional mass. These translate into poorer handling & breaking of the bike. The pillion is quite uncomfortable as he has nothing to hold and has to crouch very awkwardly. Besides even a minor movement by the pillon at high speed, if not anticipated by the rider can be catastrophic.

The last accident that occured in our group ride also involved 2 guys riding a busa. Rest of the bikes had a single rider.

Anyway, I hope others do not make this mistake and pray to God to give courage to the families of the departed souls.

Last edited by bikefreak : 26th November 2007 at 17:22.
Old 26th November 2007, 20:55   #36
BHPian

whether they were doing stunts or racing does NOT matter. both should not be done on public roads.
the only good thing that came out of this accident is that no innocent bystanders or other drivers/riders got hurt or injured. the stuntmen/racers paid the price with their life. RIP
Old 26th November 2007, 21:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

Very Sad.And guys i am a eye witness(partly).

Let me elaborate.

I was returning from spice world sector 25-A after watching a movie.at around 7.30 in front of Great india place mall,came 4 bikes two moddified karizmas and two imported....i dont know whether it was honda because of the fog cover.They overtook me and slowed down.(I think because of my angel eyes).They turned towards csm.

I was wating at the signal at the start of the Expressway to take a right towards delhi.Then 6 bikes all went forward revving hard...sounding their respetive exaust.So i guess their must be a race.What i dont undertand is how can you think of racing in a fog cover.And on expressway where i think the fog is even denser because of the green cover.

May their souls rest in peace.
Old 26th November 2007, 22:14   #38
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Manan bhai movie so early in the morning ?
Old 26th November 2007, 23:03   #39
BHPian

its still a mystery whether it was an race or a stunt. i never trust on villagers. even they are like media persons. khichke lamba karenge.
my sympathy with their families and friends. may their souls RIP.
Old 26th November 2007, 23:07   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Racing on public roads is very unsafe,please everybody at team-bhp lets try to discourage it,lets not post pics of speedometers(everybody here know which car is capable of howmuch?)and please lets not promote and post covering distances on public roads in record times,life is precious lets not make it short.

So sorry for the guys in the accident.
Old 26th November 2007, 23:13   #41
Senior - BHPian

Yeah - It was 7 AM in the morning !! Late Movie . Huh ??

Or maybe you saw some other blokes in the evening.

I was just watching news - Aajtak said these imported bikes are capable of 480 KPH !!! Wow !!! Bugatti go weep

Stupid & Idiotic these channels are - I bet now with all this happening - Cops are going to be all around the Expressway now and knowing India they are probably going to make a few rumble - strips every 3 kms or so :(
Old 26th November 2007, 23:13   #42
BHPian

i blame that driver for speeding beyond limits and blame govt. too for not having signs on that road. if there would have been turning or curve ahead [whatever] sign 50 meters before the turs starts then most probably driver would have slowed down.
i blame both because taali ek hath se nahi bajti
Old 26th November 2007, 23:17   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@Mods: I strongly request you to change title to "SBK rider dies in taj expressway crash". To the uninformed, any vehicle doing 100+ on roads is racing. tbhp should be better than that.
I totally agree.... At least t-bhp should be unbiased and fair until all the facts are known...
Old 26th November 2007, 23:48   #44
BHPian

Was reading in another forum...it seems he hit a Wagon R at around 200kmph. Lost control and hit the road boundaries and flew 15 mtrs.

Very Sad....reminds me of my crash at 90kmph on my P200...only thing i was hell lucky that day!

May his soul RIP!

Sagar.
Old 26th November 2007, 23:53   #45

rets in peace guys...at least they died doing what they loved....RIP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks